User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Its easy to fake something that you dont have a definition for. I am sure most people know ISTPs in real life, know how they act, know there mannerisms, judged who they are, they just havnt labeled them. I am confused as to why you need to have a clearly defined label to actually know something. Maybe they are just faking being like certain people they have come into contact with.
    Yes this is the case. However, instead of the thread title, the title should be along the lines of, "Person Imitating My Behavior".

Which is perfectly common and nothing outstanding, whatsoever.

"imitation is the best form of flattery"

It is also one of the most common forms.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Yes this is the case. However, instead of the thread title, the title should be along the lines of, "Person Imitating My Behavior".

Thats what I read in the context of everything. I just read SP as a way to quickly and easily describe to a bunch of people who know MBTI and SP.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post

"imitation is the best form of flattery"

It is also one of the most common forms.
    Unless its used to fit in because they feel like an outcast. It may start out as flattery, until they open there eyes and become themselves, possibly hating the other in turn for making them feel like an outcast in the first place.
    Im out, its been fun

Unless its used to fit in because they feel like an outcast. It may start out as flattery, until they open there eyes and become themselves, possibly hating the other in turn for making them feel like an outcast in the first place.
    Hm.

Since you seem to argue whether the quote is true or not in regard to it being the best form of flattery and not the perception that it is one of the most common. I'm going to assume that you then agree with me that it is a common form of flattery. Including your prior post here:

Thats what I read in the context of everything.
    we can then in essence conclude this thread can be paraphrased as,

"Wahhh Someone is imitating me, woe is me why do they do this?"

Thanks I'm glad we can agree.

As to whether it is the best form of flattery or not, I don't care if it is or is not.

p.s. I always thought of this forum as a common place one puts their emotional / social grievances because it is after all a "psychological" forum. But geeze this is the pinnacle.

I mean I have had the same issue about people copying me or people copying others they inspire to be like. It's a common thing. But to go on a forum and complain about it. That's something.

(and yes you can say I'm complaining about someone complaining but since I'm the one who pointed it out it cannot be used against me :P)

Whoops double post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    It is so weird. I wish I could give more details of her but I never know what's real and what is acting. She could be a weird ISFP I guess?
    She always seems happy. Weirdly so. She lives in a pink fluffy world with a perfect husband and perfect daughter and fairydust everywhere and is sickeningly nice to everyone. But it doesn't seem real nice. It's over nice. It's fucking weird and I don't trust her.

I think maybe shes an NF. I can't see any other type being so fluffy. Or am I missing something?

Ew, this sounds like a BPD ISFJ.
    I should likely continue reading the thread but I couldn't help myself..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Whatever she is she sounds really insecure. Some people need to brag about what they do (even when they aren't good at it) to get that rush of attention from listeners.

I worked with a girl who said she was a drummer, a chef, you name it-she did it. Eventually, with time their bullshit gets called and they lose credibility.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Possibly, I know I fit in very well with percieving and judging. I am just not outright forceful with my judgements, they are more personal and not so much black and white.
    Yeah, I withhold judgements often. I mean, I get critical, but even then, that stuff is changable. I think (S)J attitudes generally have a static view of how things should be. I guess stereotypically that gets associated with traditions or order, but I don't think it's that simple. Maybe some could fall back on that, but often I think it's more quirky and personal. Either way, I think their worldviews are more defined. Me, I don't really expect that much or have a set way of seeing things (not too much at least).

MBTI
    ESTP

I've known an xsfp or two in the sense of being too nice too soon when it comes to adapting to others interests which is sad since even though their gulibleness was often their downfall, their intentions of trying to treat everybody fairly were good

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

A lot of times when I type as ISTP people tell me I'm a fake. I guess it can be kinda tricky being all dynamic and diverse like a classic SP, rather than reason and rationality for NT.

And you know one funny little thing I've noticed - why is it that a lot of people who are INT types look more like ISTJ than ISTP? I look more like ISTP though... myabe it's because I really am an SP. What a treat that would be!

I could smash that party cake in every haters face!