First 2345 Last

MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    At this point you're just annoying, regardless of what type you are. What is the point of starting a thread in which you simply want people to help you rationalize a conclusion you've already reached?

But I still think you're some sort of xxxJ, probably an SJ.
    Wow. Are you sure you are not an SJ? You sound a lot like an ESTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You know, if you're actually this convinced about being an Artisan via the Keirsey theory, you can sign up for Keirsey's web site and ask Keirsey Jr. what he thinks.

Because there are several different theories, and everyone has their own opinion.

I will say your external opinion gathering seems to point to wanting evidence from the external world, which does not mean you aren't an introvert. It could mean you are an SP or NP and are gathering different view points with Pe, if you want to look at this from a Jungian perspective.

I did the same thing. I kept taking in INFORMATION AND INFORMATION AND INFORMATION and would not decide on my type for certain until I had learned various theories and asked various people what they thought of me.

That's more of an Ne or Se thing, to keep information gathering.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You know, if you're actually this convinced about being an Artisan via the Keirsey theory, you can sign up for Keirsey's web site and ask Keirsey Jr. what he thinks.

Because there are several different theories, and everyone has their own opinion.

I will say your external opinion gathering seems to point to wanting evidence from the external world, which does not mean you aren't an introvert. It could mean you are an SP or NP and are gathering different view points with Pe, if you want to look at this from a Jungian perspective.

I did the same thing. I kept taking in INFORMATION AND INFORMATION AND INFORMATION and would not decide on my type for certain until I had learned various theories and asked various people what they thought of me.

That's more of an Ne or Se thing, to keep information gathering.
    Or you could call it delaying Judgment (J).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Or you could call it delaying Judgment (J).
    Well going by the four dichotomies, it is the P who is most comfortable with being indecisive. Even from a Jungian perspective we could call Ne and Se the most concerned with constantly collecting new information from the outside world. I'm not saying that his collection is constant, but I don't think asking other people what they think counts as Fe, it may be checking my reality against yours to get a bigger and bigger perception of reality (Pe) and an Se type might even be concerned that their evaluation be as realistic as possible, as confirmed with the outside world as possible.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The more I read about you, the more I'm thinking you're the ENFJ type. In the chart I provided above, the ENFJ is one of the "take charge" types, as you described in the OP. The ENFJ also needs more alone time than other extraverts, as you described being alone a lot - however, that does not make you a loner per se. The ENFJ also "can fit in anywhere and change shape." The statement "I feel like a failure if I am not the best" does not sound like an Artisan but an Idealist.
    Just so you know, Keirsey calls Artisans chameleons who can fit in anywhere and change shape...you don't even know your Keirsey for someone who touts it so much.

I feel like a failure if I'm not the best could come from different places, it could be a competitive SP or just an NF, NT, or SJ who is an Enneagram 3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleWatcher View Post
    Wow. Are you sure you are not an SJ? You sound a lot like an ESTJ.
    I'm pretty sure you're the same type as Jack and Jackie Kennedy. ESFJ.

You're also retarded, so you may want to get that checked out.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Just so you know, Keirsey calls Artisans chameleons who can fit in anywhere and change shape...you don't even know your Keirsey for someone who touts it so much.

I feel like a failure if I'm not the best could come from different places, it could be a competitive SP or just an NF, NT, or SJ who is an Enneagram 3.
    I don't tout anything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleWatcher
    I can notice (by taste or sight) when my mom uses a different brand for an ingredient in her dishes. I'll say, "this tastes funny." And she'll say, "I used a different brand." So I am very good with noticing textures and scents and looks (such as facial features, colors). All very concrete, extraverted sensing things.
    Strictly speaking, this is actually Si usage. You're comparing the current sensation to a sensation-definition that you have stored ("Mom's curry chicken") and noticing discrepancies between the two.

There is a possibility that you are INTP with strong Si usage thanks to growing up with an ISTJ parent. That would explain your impulsivity, IxTP communication style, P external information gathering (you place emphasis on one good argument being able to sway you - an xNTJ would tend to speak in terms of adding data to their ever-changing information matrix)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. Wenger
    Introverted thinking is all about classifying things. It likes to give them names and put them in little boxes. Extraverted thinking is more conceptual. It looks at how things relate to one another. So while introverted thinking focuses on separating things into their unique parts, extraverted thinking focuses on organizing things into a unified whole.

Given my introverted thinking function, I can’t understand something until I put a name on it. Until I could articulate that my husband thinks in terms of “concepts,” while I think in terms of “names,” I had a devil of a time comprehending his aversion to calling things by the same words everyone else uses. Now, I can enjoy his innovative use of language—for instance, calling the wisteria bush “the hysterical bush” because it grows out of control. The name fits the concept.
    Not to be an ass to this lady, but I think she's totally off. Extraverted Thinking is all about classifying - Introverted Thinking is about discriminating. It's on different terms, as she's obviously figured out. Extraverted Thinking uses "utilitarian" categorization, versus "ideal" categorization. Ti seeks to get everything correct. Te seeks to get everything working. Her husband calls Lowes the blue one because there's been, for him, little functional usefulness in remembering its name to be Lowes. What does it matter to him whether he knows the name of it? To Ti, you need to know it's Lowes because it's Lowes. That's what it is. If you miss that, you're missing a huge part of what it is. To Te, even if you're missing that name, it's still the place you go when you need a wrench. Might as well be called Hardware-N-Shit. Doesn't matter what it's nature is, it matters what its function is.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleWatcher
    So it is possible that I am using Te the most since I am trying to organize the facts of my personality into some meaningful whole.
    Sounds like N-T to me, just as easily Ti-Ne as Te-Ni. And you seem much more P.

I am just the first to give us an outline on how we can accomplish what needs to be done. The first to say,"Here are our problems, this is maybe how we can solve them." I feel I am the first person to really get the group on track. Hence charting-the-course.
    Alternatively, this could be a facet of doing what NTPs do, which is to identify a problem and brainstorm solutions (INTP's domain being more problem identification and ENTP's domain being more brainstorming solutions).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Originally Posted by Andrea J. Wenger
    Introverted thinking is all about classifying things

Ick.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're the same type as Jack and Jackie Kennedy. ESFJ.

You're also retarded, so you may want to get that checked out.
    This deserves a big
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel