User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Society

@- you sounds more like an xxTJ to he honest, even the way you ask these questions scream "extroverted thinking" to me, jumping from one general personality-typing methodology to another without quite going into the breakdown nitty gritty's of any of them.

your need to questioning conformist methodology fits more with the interaction of Ni-Te rather then Si-Te, so if i had to put my wager, i would put it on xNTJ.

i would also say you sound more like a Te dom to me, and it is very common for all types to have a "passsively acknowledging" level of engagement with their tertiary function:

ENTPs often are aware of the social dynamics (tertiary Fe) around them but are not compelled to satisfy the resulting expectations, INFJs are often aware of the logical conclusions but are not compelled to accept them (tertiary Ti), etc', you seem to describe a similar engagement with Se - in which you get pleasure from enjoy it passively but do not engage it actively (no artisan skills).

i would be inclined to type you as a Te>Ni>Se>Fe, otherwise known as ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm an ISFP... And I must break the norm because I love school.... So much so I work at a college and take all kinds of classes free! That being said... while I don't like the traditional learning style, I can do well in school under that style. I prefer a much more hands on approach or interactive. I hate being lectured to. I can read the book and I can read PowerPoints... I don't need an instructor to stand at the front of the room and do it for me. And I'm actually pretty good at math, it's just not my passion.

There is a lot of biased statements in the MBTI type descriptions. It's been discussed multiple times around here that all the sensing types seem kind of lame compared to the uber special and super smart intuitive types descriptions.

There's a running joke in my family that my mother and I (ISTJ and ISFP) look with our fingers... We touch everything when out shopping. We like to feel what different materials in clothing feel like... We like to squeeze, smell, tap everything in the produce department of the grocery store to test for freshness... We're all about our five senses. And we're both artists. My mom took classes to become a painter, whereas it seems it kind of came naturally to me. She's more of a technical painter (very precise) and I'm more relaxed (not as consistent in details).

I initially got an ISTP vibe from your post. I don't feel like I relate to you from an ISFP standpoint. I've met a few very outspoken ISTPs... One was a history major. I guess ISTPs know what they like and don't care if it doesn't fit the "norm" for their type.

MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i would be inclined to type you as a Te>Ni>Se>Fe, otherwise known as ENTJ.

Mane, it is so interesting you say I remind you of an ENTJ. That is the type I used to think I was... then I started questioning, which lead to my Am I an Artisan? post.

But apparently some istps initially see more of themselves in the Rational temperament description than the Artisan one.

Also if I am describing something I use concrete language that appeals to the senses and similes rather than metaphors. I also am more inclined to take things literally rather than figuratively. My concrete language usage plus my love of the senses also convinces me that I am not an intuitive type.

Also, isn't an introvert someone who draws energy from being alone? This is definitely me, so entj seems wrong for the simple fact entjs are extraverts. Some extraverts do spend a lot of time alone but I definitely need my time alone to recharge and recoup. Being around people all day drains me. I love when I get to go off alone. I get off balance if I don't have enough time off by myself.

Oh yeah, I am very impulsive-said so by multiple people. Isn't this an artisan trait?

Any more ideas on the istp vs. entj dilemna?
    Last edited by PeopleWatcher; 06-30-2012 at 02:46 PM.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You sound kinda like an INTJ to me. Second guess would be ISTP, maybe ISTJ. Do you know if you prefer Te or Ti? You're coming off as far more Te-oriented here.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You sound kinda like an INTJ to me. Second guess would be ISTP. Do you know if you prefer Te or Ti? You're coming off as far more Te-oriented here.
    I agree with INTJ/INTP/ISTP

I don't see ENTJ - I and the T seem obvious in you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleWatcher View Post
    Also if I am describing something I use concrete language that appeals to the senses and similes rather than metaphors. I also am more inclined to take things literally rather than figuratively. My concrete language usage plus my love of the senses also convinces me that I am not an intuitive type.
    Ah.... Heaven. I wish my husband did this more often (he's an INTJ).

Also, isn't an introvert someone who draws energy from being alone? This is definitely me, so entj seems wrong for the simple fact entjs are extraverts. Some extraverts do spend a lot of time alone but I definitely need my time alone to recharge and recoup. Being around people all day drains me. I love when I get to go off alone. I get off balance if I don't have enough time off by myself.
    When I've been out to a social gathering, I do need to go home and sneak off to the bedroom to "recharge." Though, I never feel drained while at a gathering... It's usually afterward when I get home I think "wow, I'm totally exhausted."

Oh yeah, I am very impulsive-said so by multiple people. Isn't this an artisan trait?
    That's how I am. Not sure if it is an artisan trait or not...though I know several artisans that are that way.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

one of those istp intj metamorphs though I see hints of istj, which dichotomy wise would be a balance between the two but function wise makes no sense, without the artisan hinting I would have just said ixtj I think, but I would take your opinion into consideration since I obviously don't know you that well.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Definitely feeling ISTP for you.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Ahhh it's all so interesting, guys. Thanks.

My dad is an istj so maybe that is where the istj leanings come in.

What exactly is it about my posts that seems so ixxj? I'll be interested in pondering on that if someone has any explanation. One poster describe the Te aspect some... does anyone have a valid argument for my posts leaning me more towards Te than Ti or vice versa?

It is difficult to type someone you have never met. But I have an inkling that each type has a general "voice". Is my voice ixxj? I do have a couple votes for istp though.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What exactly is it about my posts that seems so ixxj?
    " I spend most of my time by myself in my room studying, reading, or listening to music" is extremely unlike an artisan. Particularly the studying part, and particularly if there isn't an extremely good reason for it.

I'm not sure why your posts give me a Te feel. Perhaps it's that your sentences are very formal with no contractions. Maybe if english isn't your first language, that's a false reading.
    -end of thread-