User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ISTP Relationships, Love and Romance

Quote Originally Posted by Sequestered View Post
    This is my favorite thread on the web and over the past several months I've
    returned often to try and "figure out" my ISTP love interest. Yes...much to my dismay that in and of itself is a non sequitur...

My LDR relationship with him is the strangest relationship I've ever had with
    ANYONE and yet I am drawn to it despite his seeming reticence.

- The sex is uninhibited and very generous on his part.
    - The compliments, though rare, are genuine.
    - The witty banter is a lot of fun.
    - He's VERY "un-complicated" and doesn't ask for much, doesn't ask for anything of me really.
    - I observe that he can be very flirtatious with other women, but it's
    emotionally shallow, "means" nothing, and he takes it very lightly.
    - "What you see is what you get, take it or leave it" seems to be his attitude.
    - Definitely not perceptive to subtle hints; it's better, I have found through
    trial and error, for me to just come right out & say things, ask questions, seek clarification plain and simple.

He is "stuck in a rut" right now and, from my perspective, severly depressed. He seems to have built a wall around himself but only won't let "me" in (that's my perception at least). His shallow online flirtations with female (and male)
    friends continue despite the depression , and he describes this as stress relief.
    Ugh you are definitely manifesting this you are practically going up to him every day like "So tell me what bad happened today" and he is all like well today it was okay... um bad though? Like how what does she mean oh what we were talking about before?

I've been in this rut before with women relationship wise. Why are you so sadistic nibbling at "bits of his inner struggles" as you say, that's creepy as hell why are you being so emo. Everything you just said he most likely thinks about you and is trying to express sympathy for your disposition in relation to himself. If you were in anyway a good friend you would kick him while he is down and laugh about it. Or better yet just random acts of indirect violence. Show him you care with anger. Tell him you aren't taking this rubbish and will shit on his dead mama's grave if he keeps it up! He could use the Adrenaline and perhaps a few other hormones try sardines, chocolate, apples good pick me ups. Pull a few one liners from Tyler Perry's Madea. I would recommend some orchestra and symphonic metal music to get things going.
    Mastery is its own reward.

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

I noticed in the thread where you say what type you see the above person ending up with, the most popular answer seemed to be ISTP, so maybe there is something to this theory!

Junior Member Array

Hey all,
    So ISTPs don't like any commitments right?
    Well he used to be my friend and suddenly in 2 hours he was my bf.

I know they don't like to make any commitment. they live at the moment.He's always worried about me asking him for marriage.

As an INFJ I like to make commitment. I want to be sure of the future (which I know it could not b certain but I love the sound of it) but he keeps being worried. actually we're both more worried than happy now!

And then suddenly I just revealed my personality card and told him : I love you but I cannot say I love you unconditionally! it is a chance that i wake up one morning and decide it's over.(He's seen me in my previous relationships as my best friend! ) if only I think that the feelings are not mutual I may leave - He said he was ready for everything! as it's not that much important for him if I leave. But I just wanted to leave him -we have an argument which it leaded to our relationship - and I didn't answer him for two days and he was so nervous and sad and disappointed!

Any suggestions guys?
    Should I leave him right now just because he doesn't like any kinda of commitment? OR should we give each other some times?

P.S: We've been best friend for a year and a half.and by best friend I could say he's my soulmate