User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by FrisbeeLad View Post
    Independent and aloof, but deep down they too want someone to be near them. Just not necessarily directly interacting with them at all times, but nearby. I think we DO have a need/craving to share our thoughts AND feelings with someone, just not very many people. Literally 1 or maybe 2 folks. It's nice to be able to download your day with someone who generally expresses an interest in hearing it. However, as a general rule, we (ISTPs) do not like to repeat ourselves, so if you missed it the first time, it'll be tough to get us to say it again. Plus, if you missed it the first time, we might take that as a lack of interest in hearing it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    From what I've seen ISTPs really need to be actively pursued. Just to get them to do anything requires a lot of persuasion, unless they were already going to do it anyway. I think letting them know straight out is probably the best form of action as they don't seem to go for subtlety. However don't be suprised if their reciprecation is notably underwelming, I'm sure they feel but they don't really show it.
    to both of these

MBTI
    istp

Hey ENTP, I read some of your posts and you're scaring the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    From what I've seen ISTPs really need to be actively pursued. Just to get them to do anything requires a lot of persuasion, unless they were already going to do it anyway. I think letting them know straight out is probably the best form of action as they don't seem to go for subtlety. However don't be suprised if their reciprecation is notably underwelming, I'm sure they feel but they don't really show it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Hey ENTP, I read some of your posts and you're scaring the shit out of me.
    lol, well that's different! I just tells it like it is that's all. One of my mates is a classic ISTP, and this is just how he acts around women. It's the classic James Dean type really, don't (verbally) care about anything and the birds seem to flock to him.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

So, how well does it work out with an INTJ? Do any of you ISTP's find yourself attracted to us?

I just a met a girl recently and we're going on our first date next week, and I'm not so sure what to expect. I've been reading about ISTP's so I can understand the general concept of her more because I don't want to fuck it up.

MBTI
    INTP

I was in a long-term relationship with a girl who now says she is ENFJ, and I crushed her feelings more than once, which resulted in the detriment of the relationship and my sanity. Although I think she might be wrong about her type, you should be aware that ISTPs are definitely not the warm sensitive type.

Also, sex can act to strengthen an existing relationship, but it fundamentally a physical act for which love is not a prerequisite. I think this is another area where my ex and I were incompatible -- For her, I think sex was an expression of love.

MBTI
    istp

Making mistakes is part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    So, how well does it work out with an INTJ? Do any of you ISTP's find yourself attracted to us?

I just a met a girl recently and we're going on our first date next week, and I'm not so sure what to expect. I've been reading about ISTP's so I can understand the general concept of her more because I don't want to fuck it up.

MBTI
    istp

ExFJs will pretty much lock you out once once they realize that you no longer serve a purpose for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I was in a long-term relationship with a girl who now says she is ENFJ, and I crushed her feelings more than once, which resulted in the detriment of the relationship and my sanity. Although I think she might be wrong about her type, you should be aware that ISTPs are definitely not the warm sensitive type.

Also, sex can act to strengthen an existing relationship, but it fundamentally a physical act for which love is not a prerequisite. I think this is another area where my ex and I were incompatible -- For her, I think sex was an expression of love.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    ExFJs will pretty much lock you out once once they realize that you no longer serve a purpose for them.
    That's one of the reasons why I think she is wrong about her type. She never sought closure on the relationship, and instead would keep convincing herself that it was true love which would last forever and ever. I've heard ENFPs do this, and she sure seemed like an ENFP at the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I think she is wrong about her type. She never sought closure on the relationship, and instead would keep convincing herself that it was true love which would last forever and ever. I've heard ENFPs do this, and she sure seemed like an ENFP at the time.
    i would think most NFs are usually that idealistic, whether they're Js or Ps...though i think that Ps are usually more open about it. Js though can be very stubborn, once they have their mind set on something they will pursue it. some could even be a bit obsessive about it...that's just my take on it.

rhinosaur, what do you think and feel about your situation with your ex now that it's over and done with? do you think and hope that it's over for good?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    rhinosaur, what do you think and feel about your situation with your ex now that it's over and done with? do you think and hope that it's over for good?
    She and I are still friends. I usually remain friends or at least acquaintances with my ex-girlfriends. But yes, it's over for good. She is a walking drama magnet.

She may have formed some kind of closure in her mind. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I remember having some telephone conversations with her about closure.