First 123 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

"Bad people are a pain in the ass, and probably piss us off more than most"

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of prolly hehe

MBTI
    TiSe

What some may find of interest is that Jung describes Ne and Se as being almost identical in nature:
    But since intuition, in the extraverted attitude, has a prevailingly objective orientation, it actually comes very near to sensation; indeed, the expectant attitude towards outer objects may, with almost equal probability, avail itself of sensation. Hence, for intuition really to become paramount, sensation must to a large extent be suppressed. I am now speaking of sensation as the simple and direct sense-reaction, an almost definite physiological and psychic datum. This must be expressly established beforehand, because, if I ask the intuitive how he is [p. 463] orientated, he will speak of things which are quite indistinguishable from sense-perceptions. Frequently he will even make use of the term 'sensation'. He actually has sensations, but he is not guided by them per se, merely using them as directing-points for his distant vision. They are selected by unconscious expectation. Not the strongest sensation, in the physiological sense, obtains the crucial value, but any sensation whatsoever whose value happens to become considerably enhanced by reason of the intuitive's unconscious attitude. In this way it may eventually attain the leading position, appearing to the intuitive's consciousness indistinguishable from a pure sensation. But actually it is not so.
    What Jung does describe is Ne's need for seeing the possibilities of a situation, whereas Se needs to see the concrete opportunities. I see this distinction in my ENFP son and ESFP daughter, but both have a tendency toward introversion at times.

MBTI
    ESFP

all my life id never really found a social situation that i didnt feel drawn to, however after a loss in my family and a subsequent move overseas, I lost a bit of social confidence/felt a bit lost, and felt for the first time that i wasn't completely comfortable around these new people.

of course, i think i wouldn't say that i was shy.. just not my usual self.

so i think esfps do sometimes feel introverted, especially if they lose confidence, as most of our self worth is generated by those around us rather than internally (i feel anyway).

however, once things smooth out a bit, we're back to our usual habits

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by gabso View Post
    all my life id never really found a social situation that i didnt feel drawn to, however after a loss in my family and a subsequent move overseas, I lost a bit of social confidence/felt a bit lost, and felt for the first time that i wasn't completely comfortable around these new people.

of course, i think i wouldn't say that i was shy.. just not my usual self.

so i think esfps do sometimes feel introverted, especially if they lose confidence, as most of our self worth is generated by those around us rather than internally (i feel anyway).

however, once things smooth out a bit, we're back to our usual habits
    Definately. Non-socialness happens sometimes. It is almost always circumstancial, resulting from an even that demeans my confidence. I know this happens to me often enough, but I can't think of any good examples.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

It depends on if the effort is given. Im much more absent-minded when Introverted-feeling is triggered, which is more then often, hence my belief in my introversion. However when in not in clear-minded state to delve into introspection, the dominant function kicks in.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

I've known a few INTJ's that lacked confidence in what they had to say.
    I've known a great deal of ESFP's that were afraid to be social.
    I knew an ENTP that was scared of the concept of being better than someone else.
    and various other "contradictions".

One of the ESFP's had lazy eye, and wasn't the most attractive girl I've met. Then the other was a man who'd be pampered and babied his entire life and wasn't too well aware of the social standards that are actually needed. So he was a socially akward ESFP.

both were depressed as all hell, from my perspective at least, because they never got what they wanted most. But the ESFP who was the semi-ugly girl seemed to be a little more developed in her INTJ side than any other ESFP I've met. As much as a person hates to be alone, if you're alone enough you start getting used to it.

MBTI
    ESTP

I don't think that anti-social and introverted are synonims; yeah, an ESFP might be antisocial, but that doesn't really imply that they are introverted.

I have personally met none that was not social, but I'm sure there can be...

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Definately. Non-socialness happens sometimes. It is almost always circumstancial, resulting from an even that demeans my confidence. I know this happens to me often enough, but I can't think of any good examples.

I'm curious -- do you feel somewhat antsy when you've been non-social for a while? I'm wondering if ESFPs are the reverse socially of me. After a bout of heavy socializing (like, say, two hours of being at a party), I feel worn out and I NEED to be away from other people, and if I can't get away, I start to panic. I'm wondering if the reverse is true for ESFPs.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I'm curious -- do you feel somewhat antsy when you've been non-social for a while? I'm wondering if ESFPs are the reverse socially of me. After a bout of heavy socializing (like, say, two hours of being at a party), I feel worn out and I NEED to be away from other people, and if I can't get away, I start to panic. I'm wondering if the reverse is true for ESFPs.
    Definately, Sarah. I don't know if the word is "antsy" though. I generally just get very tired and depressed after being alone for a long time. 1 full day alone is too much, I do not remember the last time I spent that long by myself.

On the flipside, I can be around people for a really really long time before wanting to be alone. Here's an extreme but recent example. We had a housewarming that lasted 18 hours from start to finish (noon to 4AM). It didn't bother me at all. Then people slept over and I got up and there was people there waiting to go to breakfast. Still didn't bother me. Or sometimes I'll have a full day at clinical and work, (involving talking to people the whole time), and I'll actually feel energized by the end of the day.

This phenomena is strange to me, you'd think that after resting i'd feel more energized, and after doing things i'd feel more tired.

Well, this fact is what made me decide on my E-ness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I took a MBTI test recently that was for children. So I took it as my 5 to 8 year old self (I think my INFP traits showed up around the age of 11 and 12) and guess what came out of it...ESxP (they couldn't tell by my answers whether I'm more of a T or F, which I tend to go back and forth anyway). And no I was not surprised by this because I almost always acted on my impulses. I remember being way more outgoing back then than I am now, but I don't think I was overly social. I think I was scorned a lot by other people that could have possible made me become more introverted.

Some ESFP characteristics of me were: always raising my hand, trying to be overly funny around people, needing to be (somewhat) the center of attention, a great verbal storyteller, loved talking in general, and playful jokes and pranks.

Some ESTP characteristics of me were: thrill and risk seeking, highly into competition and often succeeded, respected those who could keep up with me, thought admission of weakness felt like failure, mental, and physical and emotional toughness.