User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Interesting/Unusual ISTP Hobbies

I'm looking for ISTPs with hobbies that go against the grain. I love poems and literature. Shakespeare is one of my favorite authors. However, I wouldn't expect a hobby like this to be on an ISTP profile.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

One time my uncle was on vacation and was looking for a hotel. He checked into one with his wife before realizing it was a nudist colony. Now when on trips they often stay at nudist camps
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Typology.
    -end of thread-
    Likes Doomkid liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    One time my uncle was on vacation and was looking for a hotel. He checked into one with his wife before realizing it was a nudist colony. Now when on trips they often stay at nudist camps
    1) You're an ENFP.
    2) If your uncle's an ISTP, that might not be unusual.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    I'm looking for ISTPs with hobbies that go against the grain. I love poems and literature. Shakespeare is one of my favorite authors. However, I wouldn't expect a hobby like this to be on an ISTP profile.
    I love Literature too... I read a lot. I also love writing. I write fiction, not really genre fiction- more like heavy deep stuff. I also write short stories of an erotic nature which have had really good reviews.

The trouble with being an ISTP writer is finishing longer pieces/ a novel. I tend to write when the mood takes me and what I feel like writing at the time. Which doesn't lend itself to ever finishing anything!

Do you write as well or do you just like reading?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

But just so you know I'm a real ISTP, I also love playing rugby, skiing and riding horses.

Permabanned

I like water and boats, just sitting by the lake. I also like animals and looking at exotic fish.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

There was a time I loved reading/writing poetry. It was when I wrote in a journal often. Unfortunately I've only done that very infrequently over the past few years, though I mean to more. I've always had a great respect for classic literature. When I read/wrote something moving, I was able to tap into my Ni, which felt like a trance -- like a world of symbols and hidden meanings. So yeah, I see what you mean. I doubt many ISTP descriptions include stuff like that.

Other than that, my hobbies are probably fairly typical. I love pencil drawing, travel, reading, video games, and used to love horse-back riding (I've been toying with the idea of getting back into it). I'd also like to start taking watercolor classes. Does math & programming count as atypical? Probably not. Besides, that's really a career now, not a hobby.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I was a creative writing major in college, for a short time, anyway I really enjoyed writing short story fiction. I approached it like an actor, getting into the character. Thinking of how they would react or feel in certain situations makes for realistic writing but ends up being too emotionally exhausting to tap into for long periods of time.

Playing music, I would write songs. I liked doing that. One of my other friends, ISTP 9w8, writes rap songs about his time in the Marines and is writing a set so he can do stand-up. His stuff is very dry. Steven Wright style delivery.

I think that T's in the Arts are overlooked but it does take a critical eye to self-edit and be good at whatever you decide to do.

Other hobbies? I'm really good at laying in bed, in front of the TV, doing nothing for an entire day. At least one of my days off is a Decompression Day. No picking up the phone. No talking. Just food, bathroom and smoke trips. I need that.

I enjoy cooking, trail riding, some video games, beach days, racquetball, billiards. I recently recharged the AC in my car and fixed a short in some wiring. Cars are something I haven't done a lot with so it's a newer "hobby" I guess. Overall, I don't do anything persistently enough to be called hobbies, but when they arise I take full advantage.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Does anyone here like brain teasers or some remote type of science? (I don't, but I'm curious to see if other ISTPs do. Usually NT's like that kind of stuff).