Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Allure of the ISTP

So, having discussed this with at least one other ENFP i thought i may seek further insight.
    I would have poss posted in the NF forum but it seemed clogged with intj nonsense.

So, the ISTP, i find, has a strong sexual intensity about them. It may come down to instinctual variant/eneagram but damn you guys are attractive.

You do seem to have this ability though, the no strings ability, which i find quite scary... the start up chase process can be misinterpreted as "oh, ok, this is casual" leaving the (enfp?) hesitant or fleeing.

I'm rambling a little, i'd be interested to hear others opinions on this, especially ENFP's and ISTP's.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've been with an istp for about 8 or 9 months. and yeah i was very immediately attracted to him. (i'm not sure what his enneagram type is, but he's definitely sp/sx. possibly 8w7.)

i can relate with the casualness at the beginning of the relationship, i didn't really have a clue whether he just wanted me for sex or was interested in something more serious. we saw each other often and he'd say very nice things to me, but would never discuss anything like that. finally after a couple months i had to cave and ask him if he'd been seeing any other girls since we met, he said no and that he wouldn't if i didn't want him to, and that was that. in a way, i prefer it to the way it's gone in past relationships where it was all formal and "will you be my girlfriend," because i think it allowed the relationship to unfold more naturally.

As an INTJ, I can't speak for ISTPs. I can't speak for INTJs either because most of them are individuals with their own approaches to relationships, however, as an INTJ, I would encourage women to not fall for the ISTP trap. They may seem like they only want to have a good time, but before you know it you're stuck in a relationship for ever and, given their carelessness, you may end up getting knocked up. Chances are no one will read this post, but I'm sure they are not ISTPs or ENFPs or INFJs or ENTPs or INFPs because those types are not known to read my posts at all. Also, ISTPs like to have sex because you keep touching them, if you want them to not sex all you have to do is stop touching them and tellin them things that arouse their arousal and basically let the relationship turn non-sexual, eventually they will stop wanting sex and then they'll leave you for mute immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i was very immediately attracted to him

i think it allowed the relationship to unfold more naturally.
    This seems very unhealthy to me. Have you considered the impact of attraction and naturally unfolding relationships on your mental and emotional health?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    This seems very unhealthy to me. Have you considered the impact of attraction and naturally unfolding relationships on your mental and emotional health?
    Haha, thanks lege... continuing the freak i see.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    As an INTJ, I can't speak for ISTPs. I can't speak for INTJs either because most of them are individuals with their own approaches to relationships, however, as an INTJ, I would encourage women to not fall for the ISTP trap. They may seem like they only want to have a good time, but before you know it you're stuck in a relationship for ever and, given their carelessness, you may end up getting knocked up. Chances are no one will read this post, but I'm sure they are not ISTPs or ENFPs or INFJs or ENTPs or INFPs because those types are not known to read my posts at all. Also, ISTPs like to have sex because you keep touching them, if you want them to not sex all you have to do is stop touching them and tellin them things that arouse their arousal and basically let the relationship turn non-sexual, eventually they will stop wanting sex and then they'll leave you for mute immigrants.
    This is a bizarre response. Bizarro bizarre. Jealous of the ISTP allure per chance?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    So, having discussed this with at least one other ENFP i thought i may seek further insight.
    I would have poss posted in the NF forum but it seemed clogged with intj nonsense.

So, the ISTP, i find, has a strong sexual intensity about them. It may come down to instinctual variant/eneagram but damn you guys are attractive.

You do seem to have this ability though, the no strings ability, which i find quite scary... the start up chase process can be misinterpreted as "oh, ok, this is casual" leaving the (enfp?) hesitant or fleeing.

I'm rambling a little, i'd be interested to hear others opinions on this, especially ENFP's and ISTP's.
    I'm not sure i've had any shenanigans with ENFPs specifically. Probably I have I just don't tend to type people when I'm luring them to the lion's den.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I like things to be casual and no strings till I figure out where I want it to go. Mostly I want it to stay casual and no strings but not everyone is capable of this. Some say they are and then go a little (or a lot) crazy and stalkerish when they find out I'm still playing the field. I've had a lot of casual flings but only two relationships.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some ISTPs are awesome, some are dumber than dogshit. It really depends on the individual, I've found...sort of like how some INTJs are these wonderful teachers and fascinating, self-possessed individualists ...and others are delusional narcissistic nerds.

What I like about the ISTP FWB I had for about five or six months is that he was extremely comfortable with his sexuality to be as young as he is, not really uptight about anything, and has a nice body due to his interest in physical exercise. HOWEVER, not all ISTPs share this interest in being physically fit, it's but one direction in which a person can choose to apply his (or her) Se.

He was adventurous, fun, and easy-going most of the time, but because of inferior Fe had weird attacks of socially clueless selfishness.

But yeah overall pretty sexy, I can agree on that much, but it's also partly due to the way he also chooses to apply his Ti (things like philosophy and history) making him a more interesting person to me in general, despite our quite different taste in music (he likes rap and hip-hop) and age difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Some ISTPs are awesome, some are dumber than dogshit. It really depends on the individual, I've found
    Wow, this is mind-blowing information, thanks for sharing your wisdom.