• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahaha I'm glad we have cleared that up. Basic animal attraction then. Grrr baby very grrr

Yeah ah-hah, i think there is some truth to that but the delivery is executed in a way which appeals. Some kind of verbal undressing... fast paced... and befor you know it you are backing off nervously .... "woah wait, i want to keep my underwear on, how did this happen"

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah ah-hah, i think there is some truth to that but the delivery is executed in a way which appeals. Some kind of verbal undressing... fast paced... and befor you know it you are backing off nervously .... "woah wait, i want to keep my underwear on, how did this happen"

Why would you want to keep your underwear on?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENFP I dated told me that out of everyone she had been with, for some reason, I had the most raw sex appeal out of all of them and she couldn't explain it because she had dated people who were more attractive than I was (haha!) and that it didn't make sense but she never seemed to lose her attraction...*ENFP ramble*

I thought that was funny.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would you want to keep your underwear on?

Ha! Well it's more like..."how did we get here?" We havn't yet had a chance to weigh up exactly what is going on yet...but at the same time feel (at least semi) seduced. I think i have worked it out in as much as... i need to keep a lil distance or i'll be sucked in. Theres probably an alternative where you can talk straight up at first contact ... but that's never been my forte. Usually i like to dance first.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ENFP I dated told me that out of everyone she had been with, for some reason, I had the most raw sex appeal out of all of them and she couldn't explain it because she had dated people who were more attractive than I was (haha!) and that it didn't make sense but she never seemed to lose her attraction...*ENFP ramble*

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of example i was looking for... the raw heat. I'm not sure it makes for great relationship compatability...i'm curious about that too.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me, it was her own construct. Whatever it was about me put her on major defense and that doesn't make for a good start. I was turned off and ended things when I sensed she was playing head games, wanting me to prove or vie for her love. I don't do that.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, you ISTPs are extremely attractive, I can't stop looking at you.

A funny fact is that I know 3 or 4 female ISTPs, and ALL of them have that Kristen Stewart look on their face, which I find really sexy.

LEGERdeMAIN

Yes, you ISTPs are extremely attractive, I can't stop looking at you.

A funny fact is that I know 3 or 4 female ISTPs, and ALL of them have that Kristen Stewart look on their face, which I find really sexy.

Is Kristen Stewart an ISTP?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally don't find them attractive. I've encountered too many of the meathead and/or manwhore variety, which is instant turn-off for me. An ENFJ friend of mine has an ISTP brother who has tried to flirt with me, but he does that whole "I'm a bad boy who is really sensitive at core & I just need the right woman to bring it out in me". BARF. I'm pretty sure that works with a lot of women though.

I met once met this ISTP who I first thought could be an xNFJ though, because he had this Fe cuteness. However, I'm pretty sure this Fe was inferior, as it also seemed strained at times (not phone...just like it was being pushed to its limit & it was tiring to him). He described a trip he took to Greece; all the scents & colors... I've never heard anyone speak of travel so sensually. He was also reeeeaally good-looking. He wasn't interested in me of course :mellow: .

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Few things...

First of all, at some point or another, an ENFP will find every type of MBTI to be "mysteriously alluring with sexual intensity about them". That doesn't mean shit. It's just an ENFP being an ENFP.

Second, theoretically speaking, it's not just ISTPs, but SPs in general that tend to exude a vibe of raw sexual appeal due to a combination of sense-oriented, utilitarian/experimental nature of their type.

Having said that, to assume that all SPs are untamed sexual wonderbeasts is the equivalent of assuming that all NTs are visionary geniuses.

And just for the record, I've met my share of retarded NTs.

On the final note, yes, Kristen Stewart is an ISTP. I mean, just look at her "I've got nothing really interesting to tell you but I've got this pipe that we can hit, what you don't like weed? well then fuck you" attitude. It's got ISTP written all over it.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
why do you think so? based on her roles? her interviews? personal experience?
Interviews mostly. I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure, just that ISTP seems probable.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
how would you know whether or not she's T vs. F? why not ISFP?
Because Edgar said so. :D

On the final note, yes, Kristen Stewart is an ISTP. I mean, just look at her "I've got nothing really interesting to tell you but I've got this pipe that we can hit, what you don't like weed? well then fuck you" attitude. It's got ISTP written all over it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Few things...

First of all, at some point or another, an ENFP will find every type of MBTI to be "mysteriously alluring with sexual intensity about them". That doesn't mean shit. It's just an ENFP being an ENFP.

Yeah, i'm just not seeing that so much in regards to SJ's. They have plenty of good/attractive traits... just that exuding a sexual intensity might not rank so highly. Hardly see it so stark with any other types tbh.

Second, theoretically speaking, it's not just ISTPs, but SPs in general that tend to exude a vibe of raw sexual appeal due to a combination of sense-oriented, utilitarian/experimental nature of their type.

Agreed in general. Though for myself, the STP's and especially ISTP's i have encountered seem to exude the most. Just my personal experience, and things i have picked up on, not claiming any fact based evidence here.

Having said that, to assume that all SPs are untamed sexual wonderbeasts is the equivalent of assuming that all NTs are visionary geniuses.

Right, was just placing some weight on the Sp side of the scales.

And just for the record, I've met my share of retarded NTs.

Uh huh, That word dosn't sit well with me but i understand your point. Many different types of intelligence, many different levels within those.

*Goes off to research internet info/interviews on Kristin Stewart*

P.s... We are (Most of us forumers) guilty of labelling/stereotyping, generalising e.t.c.. One of the points to the forum is to identify traits common to the types no?
*Continues laying out boxes*

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, i'm just not seeing that so much in regards to SJ's. They have plenty of good/attractive traits... just that exuding a sexual intensity might not rank so highly. Hardly see it so stark with any other types tbh.

I guessed you missed all those threads where ENFPs were fawning over ISTJs

Uh huh, That word dosn't sit well with me but i understand your point. Many different types of intelligence, many different levels within those.

You can call a retard all sorts of nice euphemisms, but it won't make him any smarter.

*Continues laying out boxes*

seven2.jpg

What's in those?