• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guessed you missed all those threads where ENFPs were fawning over ISTJs

I certainly missed any that were talking about their raw sex appeal. But like i said they have other selling points.

seven2.jpg

What's in those?

Aw...say please.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agreed in general. Though for myself, the STP's and especially ISTP's i have encountered seem to exude the most. Just my personal experience, and things i have picked up on, not claiming any fact based evidence here.

The obvious question here is, whether you are prone to typing people as ISTPs because they exude the said vibe, or whether you type them as such on other grounds and the said vibe is an accidental quality that they happen to have or that is the consequence of some other qualities. In other words, how primary a role does your perception of a vibe of sexual intensity have in your typing?
To put it simply, is a person an ISTP because she exudes this vibe, or does she exude this vibe because she is an ISTP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The obvious question here is, whether you are prone to typing people as ISTPs because they exude the said vibe, or whether you type them as such on other grounds and the said vibe is an accidental quality that they happen to have or that is the consequence of some other qualities. In other words, how primary a role does your perception of a vibe of sexual intensity have in your typing?
To put it simply, is a person an ISTP because she exudes this vibe, or does she exude this vibe because she is an ISTP?

I imagine it's a combination, which would level it out in some way. Ofc we are all individuals (typec meme thrown in for good measure) i was just interested, on my data gathering quest, in others opinions.
Do you have one, or you in it for critique purposes only? I'd be interested in your views -if any.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i know what you mean...that thing that angelina has just simmers...it's piercing..they're like snake charmers that leave us defenseless. who the hell knows why...we shouldn't even care...it must be about the intensity...i don't know what it is.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh i know what you mean...that thing that angelina has just simmers...

Are we still talking about ISTPs? Because Angelina Jolie is ENFJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we still talking about ISTPs? Because Angelina Jolie is ENFJ.

i'm talking about whatever type she is and if it's not istp then i have no idea what an istp looks like haha

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yes, you ISTPs are extremely attractive, I can't stop looking at you.

A funny fact is that I know 3 or 4 female ISTPs, and ALL of them have that Kristen Stewart look on their face, which I find really sexy.

An animated gif of Kristen Stewart's facial expressions:

kristen_stewart_london_premiere_snow_white_and_the_huntsman_may_15_2012_16-450x678.jpg

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm talking about whatever type she is and if it's not istp then i have no idea what an istp looks like haha

I think some of the characters she plays and her actions and rebellious attitude from her younger days are why a lot of people presume she is ISTP.

A

Anew Leaf

AJ is not ISTP. :)

Edit: In regards to the OP... I know what you mean to an extent. I find ISTP men to be very attractive initially but eventually the flatness of their expressions gets on my nerves and I start wanting to do crazy things to see if anything makes them respond.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think angelina's type is often debated. She seems to contradictions of herself sometimes and without really knowing her I think it is hard to say what she is. (Although everyone obviously has their opinions anyway)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she does not vibe like any enfj that i'm aware of. i don't see her as a people pleaser at all. she seems blunt and decisive and unapologetic about it. she seems very se and ti and...just istpish! enfj makes no sense for her!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she does not vibe like any enfj that i'm aware of. i don't see her as a people pleaser at all. she seems blunt and decisive and unapologetic about it. she seems very se and ti and...just istpish! enfj makes no sense for her!

yeah i don't get ENFJ from her either. But I am no expert.

Others have suggested ENTP or ESTP... I don't know. I think she appears very differently from one interview to another.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also, I don't know how people are so sure when they type actors/actresses. Ultimately the only time we see them is when they are working. In interview situations, they have had extensive media training and they are gifted actors, will they really be themselves in an interview?

going off on a bit of a tangent I know. But how the hell can you accurately type someone you really don't know?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right yeah i know...an istp actor could play an enfj in interviews if she wanted.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm... I've always been told I have really expressive facial expressions. :mellow:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what does that mean? or i mean...why'd you say it?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just because a few posts mentioned ISTPs having flat facial expressions

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh okay sorry i can't remember if i read the whole thing. my impression of them would be the same...
do you have a video posted here anywhere?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't :/ Maybe I'll search through my camera and post something later. [MENTION=6168]Bamboo[/MENTION] had a really good video up once -- I found the thread but the video was taken down. I'll pester him to put it back up :p

... And by pester, I mean I'll just mention him in this post and tell him I'm going to pester him without really taking any further action.