• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP

L

LadyLazarus

Dear ISFPs,

What is your take on INTJs?

How do you think INTJs and ISFPs would work as a combo?

I haven't met any INTJ's IRL, but those I have briefly interacted with online have seemed like very interesting people, I think what I like best about them is their depth of knowledge, they also seem to be appreciative of my sense of humor as well.
From what I've experienced with ISTJ's I think I get along pretty well with Te -aux people, despite our rather obvious differences, I enjoy the fact that they're reasonable people most of all.

I feel like INTJ and ISFP could definitely work as a combo if both of them are mature and understanding of the other's differences, as they are very different yet rather similar in a weird underlying way due to the whole shadow thing.
If they are willing to look/work past their differences they could potentially be a very good combination as they would reinforce each other's weaknesses.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I (the OP) should re-state that I am not an ISFP and was mistyped. If others true to that type wish to keep the thread going, and it seems so, then carry on.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I (the OP) should re-state that I am not an ISFP and was mistyped. If others true to that type wish to keep the thread going, and it seems so, then carry on.

You lied to us!!! Everything you said was a lie!!! :cry: How are we ever supposed to trust you again?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You lied to us!!! Everything you said was a lie!!! :cry: How are we ever supposed to trust you again?

You're not. This is the internet, after all.;)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Dear ISFP's, do you like INFP's in general? (Check one)

Yes
No
Maybe So
I LIKE like INFP's:wubbie:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics hypothesizes that FiSe types have the following "erotic style":

To me, the bolded sounds like what your wife does.

(I also like to prod and instigate fights sometimes when I feel like points of conflict are unresolved or things are unnaturally calm. Provoking an outburst clears the air a lot afterwards.)

Yes. This is very accurate in her case.

Something else...

She'll criticize me for not sharing my 'feelings' often enough. Okay, fair enough, that's a fair assessment in my case. I've tried to explain to her that generally, when I don't share them, it's more often because I don't immediately know what I am feeling or simply have a difficult time articulating them in words. Here's where it becomes frustrating. I feel like when I do in fact open up and share feelings, much of the time I am criticized for whining...I will often hear her respond with such things as "don't be such a woman" or "don't start. I've had a much harder day than you." Hearing this sort of thing of course has the effect of making it that much harder for me to share feelings later on.

I don't want to bash all ISFPs because of communication issues I have with one.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ISFPs have a short temper? How long does it last?

Do ISFPs have a short temper? How long does it last?

I think I'm fairly even tempered. I'm not the most patient or good natured person I know by any means but I don't really lose my temper that often.

The times I do lose my temper, the quickest and best way to make it go away is to explode, vent all my spleen and be done with it. No subterranean resentment and grudges for me. How long the bad mood actually takes to pass depends on the gravity of what caused it and how quickly and thoroughly I got to react.

EDIT: Just looked at the ESFP thread. You have a peculiar way of defining "short temper". :shock:

Anyway

Do they care about what other people think of them? Example: someone takes a photo of them, are you worried how you will appear in the photo?

Do they have outbursts of crying sessions? Example: Sit in the car in the morning, crying.

Yeah, I want to look nice in photos. If someone posts an unflattering picture of me on facebook, I make sure to untag myself/remove it from my timeline. :(

I don't schedule my crying sessions. They happen spontaneously when I'm upset.

EDIT 2: I guess I didn't really read your post in the other thread carefully before replying. Oh well.

But yes, I'm sensitive to criticism, I don't generally react visibly (unless I'm close to the person offering it or it's very very strong) but it still hurts me.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EDIT: Just looked at the ESFP thread. You have a peculiar way of defining "short temper". :shock:

I'm adding context, getting straight to the point, I would think.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. This is very accurate in her case.

Something else...

She'll criticize me for not sharing my 'feelings' often enough. Okay, fair enough, that's a fair assessment in my case. I've tried to explain to her that generally, when I don't share them, it's more often because I don't immediately know what I am feeling or simply have a difficult time articulating them in words. Here's where it becomes frustrating. I feel like when I do in fact open up and share feelings, much of the time I am criticized for whining...I will often hear her respond with such things as "don't be such a woman" or "don't start. I've had a much harder day than you." Hearing this sort of thing of course has the effect of making it that much harder for me to share feelings later on.

I don't want to bash all ISFPs because of communication issues I have with one.

Doesn't sound like you're bashing. You see, if someone I know doesn't complain or vent too often, I'm usually all ears, and would just let them talk. I know what that's like because I hold a lot in too and sometimes need someone to talk to about it all when it finally boils over. The people who really annoy me are the ones that are always having a bad day and you can never vent to them because they are more interested in their own problems than listening to yours. Only a handful of times did I tell such a person that I didn't want to hear it right now because I've had a really bad day. Hardly ever would I try to make my problems more important than someone else's. I hate competing for who has the worst day, but I admit, I sometimes do. I have one relationship where we both have tough days and we take turns venting, lol.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't sound like you're bashing. You see, if someone I know doesn't complain or vent too often, I'm usually all ears, and would just let them talk. I know what that's like because I hold a lot in too and sometimes need someone to talk to about it all when it finally boils over. The people who really annoy me are the ones that are always having a bad day and you can never vent to them because they are more interested in their own problems than listening to yours. Only a handful of times did I tell such a person that I didn't want to hear it right now because I've had a really bad day. Hardly ever would I try to make my problems more important than someone else's. I hate competing for who has the worst day, but I admit, I sometimes do. I have one relationship where we both have tough days and we take turns venting, lol.

Thank you.

I'd also be lying if I said I've never competed for worst day award.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Can ISFPs ask ISFPs questions, or is this a violation of natural law? :D

I read above about ISFPs jokingly playing doctor? I did that when I was a kid, lol. I remember getting in trouble in preschool because I was playing doctor with a girl in the back of the classroom when I was supposed to be on the magic carpet, lol. I liked it so much, I actually wanted to be a doctor for the longest time. Too bad I lost interest because of all the non doctor related classes I had to take in college.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Are ISFPs more sensual than INFPs because of the heightened objective awareness of the senses? Or should I go back to the drawing board?