User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Are ISFPs more like INFPs? Or ESFPs? Why/why not? Do you like beer?
    Hmm... When I was younger I would have said ESFP every day of the week... Probably why I used to test as an ESFP... But as I've gotten older and become a parent... I'm starting to relate more to INFPs. Probably because I'm thinking a lot more about the future than I used to, and I'm not near as extroverted as I was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    NZs the best right?

That was insightful. One more question, what kind of music do you listen to?
    I'm all over the place with music. For the most part I listen to country music... But I really like older rock... A little bit of classical/musicals here and there.... I really don't have any music I particularly hate....

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe she didnt want to talk to me. It was a long term relationship. On the one hand, we were very close. However, I wanted her to be more open and direct in terms of verbal comminication. I wanted her to tell me how she felt or thought about things. She probably got tired of me asking for her opinions and ideas or blathering on about whatever I was thinking about at the moment.
    How long was this relationship? And what do you mean by 'more open and direct in terms of verbal communication'?
    4w5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Fellow ISFPs.... How are we different from INFPs?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm not really an INFP that's just seriously aching to be an ISFP....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post

I'm starting to wonder if I'm not really an INFP that's just seriously aching to be an ISFP....
    Usage of Se and Ni instead of Ne and Si. I test INFP a lot too, but I'm not like any other INFP I know of. I think my Se has made me more sensory or experience oriented than an INFP would be, that I wouldn't be content to not experience things for myself, for example. I also have moments where I "just know" things, and I'm more interested in why or elucidating symbolism than I am with coming up with "what if" kinds of ideas like an Ne type would probably do.

I also tend to feel that I'm an ambivert and somewhere between an SP and NF, which apparently suits ENFPs and ISFPs more than INFPs or ESFPs.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post

Many INFPs seem to have an easier time articulating what it is they want from their lives, as well as the world in general....although many of them can be just as flustered. They also seem to have more of an upbeat, jittery, choppy energy when in their extroverted moods, while many ISFPs have more of a consistent, casual, almost self-conscious energy to their speech. Although I've seen both styles manifested in each of them.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Do you feel there is any truth to ISFPs and ENFPs being very similar, and if so, in what way?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Do you feel there is any truth to ISFPs and ENFPs being very similar, and if so, in what way?
    I relate more to INFPs than I do ENFPs, honestly. Especially the 7s. I can't really match their enthusiasm.

The comparison is valid in many cases, at least in terms of surface traits, but I'm sure most ISFPs relate moreso to the INFP's internal experience than the ENFP's. I think its the ISFP's tendency to directly engage with the world on some level that's often perceived as ambiversion, and can perhaps be compared to the ENFP's openness to new experiences.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I also tend to feel that I'm an ambivert and somewhere between an SP and NF, which apparently suits ENFPs and ISFPs more than INFPs or ESFPs.
    I agree with this. There's something about the energy of ENFP's and ISFP's that can sometimes be confused. And I've seen a lot of ISFP's mistype their self as ENFP, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Many INFPs seem to have an easier time articulating what it is they want from their lives, as well as the world in general....although many of them can be just as flustered. They also seem to have more of an upbeat, jittery, choppy energy when in their extroverted moods, while many ISFPs have more of a consistent, casual, almost self-conscious energy to their speech. Although I've seen both styles manifested in each of them.
    I feel like I can teeter those two modes. It really depends on who I am around and how comfortable the other party makes me feel in their presence, or their general energy/aura. Some people make me more upbeat, while others make me feel more mellowed out and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I relate more to INFPs than I do ENFPs, honestly. Especially the 7s. I can't really match their enthusiasm.

The comparison is valid in many cases, at least in terms of surface traits, but I'm sure most ISFPs relate moreso to the INFP's internal experience than the ENFP's. I think its the ISFP's tendency to directly engage with the world on some level that's often perceived as ambiversion, and can perhaps be compared to the ENFP's openness to new experiences.
    The really mellow ENFP's are the ones that can become confused with the more outgoing, passionate sx ISFP's, and vise versa. I've met some ENFP's that I thought were ISFP upon first encounter, only to realize they only seemed slightly introverted/subdued due to having their head in the Ne clouds. Both are offbeat and tend to have a similar interaction style, as well as physical style.

Example:
    Grimes: ENFP, but I thought ISFP at first.

Lykke Li: I'm pretty sure ISFP.

Crystal Castle's Alice: I'm indecisive, but constantly feel an either ENFP or ISFP vibe.

Karen O: Most people place her as ISFP, but some debate ENFP, too.

Fictional character Carrie Bradshaw: constant debate between ISFP and ENFP.

-----
    Just found this: http://www.pinterest.com/janerekas/f...-by-type-mbti/
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Stansmith

Yeah, I can vibe with some of the ones here.....I can't say I've had much experience with ENFPs IRL.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

apparently Ne-Si types cycle through more ideas than Se-Ni types.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]