User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I knew an ISFP a long time ago who seemed to have a difficult time putting her feelings/thoughts into words. I felt like I was always trying to pull things out of her. That's why I asked the question.
    I see. That's also quite true for me. I also have a hard time writting my thoughts and feelings. So in general forums kinda suck for me. Funny enough though, PM me and I'll tell you my life story.

Sometimes it just that I have nothing to say. I really don't like small talk.
    4w5

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    From what I have observed, it can be very hard for IXXP to put thoughts into words. I think the SPs are less inclined to even feel the need to do this, so it is good to focus in on their (often subtle) actions. I had to explain to my ISFP son that even though he is often aware of people's moods and feelings, not everyone is like this and encourage him to take some steps to communicate things in words.
    That is such excellent advice. I often find myself answering my children in my head but forget to articulate it out loud. Especially when I'm doing two things (or more) at once. It really suck because I don't frequently articulate how how much I love them or give them praise when appropriate.
    4w5

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I really don't like small talk.
    Why people do is beyond me.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Why people do is beyond me.

I do it because it's part of socializing, a way to make friends. Besides, you never know who you'll meet or if the conversation will become interesting.

Keep an open mind.
    4w5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Do any of you have a similar lack of patience for boring pointless small talk?
    I hate small talk, but at the same time I hate that uncomfortable silence where I'm just staring at another person or looking around the room.

*must remember to bring Kindle Fire with me everywhere I go*

I remember when we hired on our new tech, everyone was in a meeting when he got done with HR...so he had to sit in my office while they finished up.... And... it was either continue to work and try and ignore the guy sitting in the chairs directly across from me...or try and make small talk... I ended up sucking it up and making small talk, which wasn't too bad. We actually clicked fairly well, and now we talk frequently at work. Thank God it wasn't totally awkward... I hate when cashiers make small talk... Just ring up my stuff so I can go!

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of stuff?
    Yes! Mostly high fantasy, especially R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt series. To Kill A Mockingbird, Wilde, The Iliad, the Thai adaptation of Ramayana. I also like the novel adaptations of Blizzard games. Of course right now I like to read R&H Enneagram books and Jung.

When things aren't harmonious in a sensory way does it easily annoy you? For example, a note is sung off key, the colors don't quite match, there is a stain on the carpet, etc.
    Sometimes, but not what you mentioned though. I hate when art supplies, like, say, tubes of paint or coloured pencils are NOT arranged in a chromatic order in the box, and I have this compulsive need to rearrange them so that they are.

Did you initially self-type as ISFP or was it a bit of trial and error until you arrived at ISFP? I ask because I've read that alot of SP types will mistype as N's since the S questions seem more SJ than SP oriented.
    I initially self-typed as ISFP. though there have been people who try to convince me otherwise

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Small talk doesn't usually bother me, but I hate gossip and celebrity talk, so I get tired of that crap really fast if that's somebody's idea of small talk. Talking about stuff that's going on with your family or friends that's informative and we can share similar experiences is fine, but when it becomes "OMG did you see the dress Actress X wore to the Emmy's? What was she thinking? Like total barf! My sister wears those same kinds of tacky dresses and....." yeah that makes me want to punch you and throw you down a garbage disposal.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Are you (an isfp) into art?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Definitely. I've got several paintings in my house that either I have painted or my mom painted. I'm also into photography, I consider that a form of art... And I'm pretty crafty in general.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    I'm more into interior decorating and renovations.
    4w5