User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    How do you feel about people that are flakey about plans? I know disliking flakes may be more of a J thing, but I know a few ISFPs that are really bothered by it too (a lot of the female ones I know). Then again, I know ISFPs that really don't care and are kind of flakey themselves (a lot of the male ISFPs I know).
    I usually don't care if plans are flakey if it is understood that they are flakey. When I commit to a time and date, I do expect that the other person is on time as I will be, only because my time is limited.
    4w5

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of stuff?
    Fiction, paranormal stuff, new age.

When things aren't harmonious in a sensory way does it easily annoy you? For example, a note is sung off key, the colors don't quite match, there is a stain on the carpet, etc.
    I notice things like that instantly... and it all depends on my mood or if it's affecting me if I want to change it. :p

Did you initially self-type as ISFP or was it a bit of trial and error until you arrived at ISFP? I ask because I've read that alot of SP types will mistype as N's since the S questions seem more SJ than SP oriented.
    Yeah it was for sure a trial and error, I thought I was an INFP at first simply because I tested that way and felt like I had an "edge" over a lot of people that I perceived as S types. Then I started feeling isolated because I felt an edge even over the hallowed N types.

That was about the point where I discovered the functions and started getting into them a lot, and I saw my "Ne" as just Se manifesting through my more unconscious Ni. After I began researching socionics I realized that I was for sure a sensor based on their descriptions, since they were specific and easier for me to grasp honestly. After dissecting socionics with @Costrin and then talking about this ISFP business with him and [meniton]simulatedworld, I realized how wrong I had been! I feel like I was around when the functions weren't as prevalent, and the information wasn't nearly as concrete as I needed it to be to actually work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    What is it like to have tertiary Ni?

How do you find yourself using it, and what kinds of things do you use it for?

And how does your Ni support your Fi?
    I feel like for some reason my Ni went into an overdrive when I was going through a really unhealthy state in my life, and when I gained access to my Se the Ni was still there; but was moderated more by the Se.

I feel like I'll get this feeling about something about how there is something "missing" about it, how there is definitely more that could be interpreted about it. Or from support with Se, when I see definite things, I come to some kind of subconscious understanding of what it really is. What it means, the facade it puts on, etc.

Sometimes I'll get a sudden realization about what something is. This I've discovered happens after I get enough real input and after I think about the individual variables.

The things I use it for... It's pretty handy for figuring people out, their real intentions, unconscious intentions. (This ties in with the Fi) I get pretty strong hunches about people, undiscernable feelings that I have to figure out by either thinking or seeing things that tie into that feeling actually happen. I have a hard time using it for real world things other than people though, if I get a push from an NT then it helps make the connections for me.

If anything it both supports and brings my Fi down. Sometimes I try to ignore what Ni says but then I realize how right it was, and other times I'm convinced of something about something or someone and I'm wrong. Other times I know it's best to go with the flow with stuff but I always have the thought in the best of my head if it's telling me things... It's weird to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    How do you feel about people that are flakey about plans? I know disliking flakes may be more of a J thing, but I know a few ISFPs that are really bothered by it too (a lot of the female ones I know). Then again, I know ISFPs that really don't care and are kind of flakey themselves (a lot of the male ISFPs I know).
    I guess I can be flaky, and I don't care so much about people who are flaky. But I have major issues with people who are flaky AND don't communicate. If you communicate changes in plans at any time that I'm not actually trying to spend time with you, then I can adjust instantly and it's fine. But when someone stands me up... I'm not okay with that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ISFPs,

How do you deal with anger toward people that you care about?

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ISFPs,

I must admit- in a word, unhealthily. I tend to either plot getting back at ther person or hold on to bitterness and distrust to an exaggerated degree. I have trouble letting things go, because the first thing my mind jumps to besides the immediate inconvenience is the likelihood that something similar will come up again in the future if I don't nip the issue in the bud.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    I'm super flexible when it comes to plans... So if someone flakes out on me I might get hurt... And sometimes even get a little paranoid that it's something I've done to make them flake out...
    This.

-Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

How do other people get you to open up about your thoughts/feelings?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I REALLY REALLY have to feel as though they won't break my trust somehow and that they won't judge me. And many times, it's just not going to happen. IRL I don't open up easily.

-Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm very similar to @wheelchairdoug on this one. It's like pulling teeth to get me to open up.... The best way to get me to open up is to not nag me to death about it... When I hit a point where I feel comfortable enough about it, I'll open up and talk about it... However, it can take a long time for me to ever feel comfortable about certain things. I've got some pretty dusty skeletons in my closet that haven't seen the light of day for years. There are probably several thoughts in my head that nobody will ever hear about. I'm too afraid of someone judging me for something that happened when I was younger. It would take a lot of reassurance for me to feel comfortable enough to dust off some of my skeletons.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ISFPs,

Sigh.... I don't. I grit my teeth. I bottle it up. I cry out of frustration. I isolate myself from everyone for awhile. Pretty much, I do everything but talk to the person about it. Eventually, I either get so much anger built up I blow up at some innocent, unsuspecting person who totally doesn't deserve... Or it just goes away and I forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Specific questions.