User Tag List

First 2101112

Thread: Ask an ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do ISFPs have a short temper? How long does it last?
    I think I'm fairly even tempered. I'm not the most patient or good natured person I know by any means but I don't really lose my temper that often.

The times I do lose my temper, the quickest and best way to make it go away is to explode, vent all my spleen and be done with it. No subterranean resentment and grudges for me. How long the bad mood actually takes to pass depends on the gravity of what caused it and how quickly and thoroughly I got to react.

EDIT: Just looked at the ESFP thread. You have a peculiar way of defining "short temper".

Anyway

Do they care about what other people think of them? Example: someone takes a photo of them, are you worried how you will appear in the photo?

Do they have outbursts of crying sessions? Example: Sit in the car in the morning, crying.
    Yeah, I want to look nice in photos. If someone posts an unflattering picture of me on facebook, I make sure to untag myself/remove it from my timeline.

I don't schedule my crying sessions. They happen spontaneously when I'm upset.

EDIT 2: I guess I didn't really read your post in the other thread carefully before replying. Oh well.

But yes, I'm sensitive to criticism, I don't generally react visibly (unless I'm close to the person offering it or it's very very strong) but it still hurts me.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    EDIT: Just looked at the ESFP thread. You have a peculiar way of defining "short temper".
    I'm adding context, getting straight to the point, I would think.

WALMART

Is my shoulder broken?

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Is my shoulder broken?
    You're just looking for an ISFP to play doctor with, aren't you!

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    You're just looking for an ISFP to play doctor with, aren't you!
    That was my next step

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Yes. This is very accurate in her case.

Something else...

She'll criticize me for not sharing my 'feelings' often enough. Okay, fair enough, that's a fair assessment in my case. I've tried to explain to her that generally, when I don't share them, it's more often because I don't immediately know what I am feeling or simply have a difficult time articulating them in words. Here's where it becomes frustrating. I feel like when I do in fact open up and share feelings, much of the time I am criticized for whining...I will often hear her respond with such things as "don't be such a woman" or "don't start. I've had a much harder day than you." Hearing this sort of thing of course has the effect of making it that much harder for me to share feelings later on.

I don't want to bash all ISFPs because of communication issues I have with one.
    Doesn't sound like you're bashing. You see, if someone I know doesn't complain or vent too often, I'm usually all ears, and would just let them talk. I know what that's like because I hold a lot in too and sometimes need someone to talk to about it all when it finally boils over. The people who really annoy me are the ones that are always having a bad day and you can never vent to them because they are more interested in their own problems than listening to yours. Only a handful of times did I tell such a person that I didn't want to hear it right now because I've had a really bad day. Hardly ever would I try to make my problems more important than someone else's. I hate competing for who has the worst day, but I admit, I sometimes do. I have one relationship where we both have tough days and we take turns venting, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the Sun View Post
    Doesn't sound like you're bashing. You see, if someone I know doesn't complain or vent too often, I'm usually all ears, and would just let them talk. I know what that's like because I hold a lot in too and sometimes need someone to talk to about it all when it finally boils over. The people who really annoy me are the ones that are always having a bad day and you can never vent to them because they are more interested in their own problems than listening to yours. Only a handful of times did I tell such a person that I didn't want to hear it right now because I've had a really bad day. Hardly ever would I try to make my problems more important than someone else's. I hate competing for who has the worst day, but I admit, I sometimes do. I have one relationship where we both have tough days and we take turns venting, lol.
    Thank you.

I'd also be lying if I said I've never competed for worst day award.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Can ISFPs ask ISFPs questions, or is this a violation of natural law?

I read above about ISFPs jokingly playing doctor? I did that when I was a kid, lol. I remember getting in trouble in preschool because I was playing doctor with a girl in the back of the classroom when I was supposed to be on the magic carpet, lol. I liked it so much, I actually wanted to be a doctor for the longest time. Too bad I lost interest because of all the non doctor related classes I had to take in college.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Are ISFPs more sensual than INFPs because of the heightened objective awareness of the senses? Or should I go back to the drawing board?