User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Are NTs the worst at stepping out of their own type?

I have plenty of SP, SJ, and NF friends, but NTs always stump me. I value competence and absolutely hate feeling stupid, and supposedly NTs feel the same way. We should get along, right? Wrong.

My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    I have plenty of SP, SJ, and NF friends, but NTs always stump me. I value competence and absolutely hate feeling stupid, and supposedly NTs feel the same way. We should get along, right? Wrong.

My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?
    I would have difficulty with SP's because of the flakiness factor, SJ's because of the rigid tenancies. NF's it depends on the NF. My husband is one and we get along very well. On the other hand, I would like to set most ENTJ's on fire. They younger ones anyway. I also have a hard time tolerating indecision or inability to make a decision within a reasonable amount of time. It sounds like I don't get along with anyone...I know.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

If I like someone it's personal. If I were to start to think solely through a lens of MBTI it could cause bias and blindside me from seeing the good things in others. I like a lot of different people but not because I thought of them as ENTP, ISTP, ESTJ, INTJ etc. first.

There are people I like and others I don't care for. There are some ENTPs I don't care for (yes, not all ENTPs like all ENTPs). There are ISTJs I love. And INTPs, ESTJs, and so on and so forth. I guess it comes down to who I care about. Also, there are some who I first got the wrong impression of but later I really see the good in those people and really like them now. That happens too.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Like all sorts of people. However most people also quickly annoy me as well.

What is liked is diversity within diversity yet laid out before us in a segregated manner. The charm separated from the ordinary. The vulgar cleansed off the smarmy.

If we could only cut people up into little bits and shove them in our refrigerators. Not literally but figuratively. And then when we have a party there can be a complete buffet of what we really like.

Sometimes however the onions will turn a warm heart to bitter blood.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

It is common.

Actually, ISTPs get along better with NTs than most other types. NTs suck at relating to others.

Because by definition they are:

N - detached from reality and it shows
    T - suck at taking values in consideration

What do you mean "different learning styles"?

NTs tend to draw things in the air and gesture too much, prolly cause of the N visions and the T manipulation they perform.

Aren't you much better at actually getting things done than them? (like actually materializing the visions you can see anyways with Ni)?
    Last edited by Istbkleta; 05-05-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: :)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm married to an NT. It's a rather fun relationship to be honest. We've actually done a lot to balance each other out. He does have quirks that drive me crazy...but I'm sure I have quirks that drive him crazy that he just won't fess up to. It's quite possible that he's more understanding of NFs, SJs, and SPs than other NTs would be because he's from a family of nine. And they all have varying types... Kind of drives me crazy to be around all his siblings!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    It is common.

Actually, ISTPs get along better with NTs than most other types. We just suck at relating to others.

Because by definition we are:

N - detached from reality and it shows
    T - suck at taking values in consideration (and my type is the fuzzies of all)

What do you mean "different learning styles"?

NTs tend to draw things in the air and gesture too much, prolly cause of the N visions and the T manipulation they perform.

Aren't you much better at actually getting things done than them? (like actually materializing the visions you can see anyways with Ni)?
    I get along well with NJs, but I have problems with NP's. The Ne hurdle is a big one to jump, my friend, especially with a tertiary Ni.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    The Ne hurdle is a big one to jump
    What is that hurdle?
    Last edited by Istbkleta; 05-05-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: :)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Probably the only type worse at getting along with other people than the NTs is ISTP, because that is the most zero dimplomacy type in existence!

MBTI
    BEER

Nt's have an ego complex especially NJ ,it's inherent