User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are NTs the worst at stepping out of their own type?

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

I guess I can be. With me it's more.. questioning how I feel? Some people unnerve me, not because they are threatening, but because they may be right.

I always hated unresolvable negative outcomes. I wanted the power to fix them. Some things I can't fix.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?
    Why would your differences in learning styles cause conflict? Are they insisting that you adopt their study habits or vice versa?

A good chunk of my friends are NFs. We are different, but the friendship is rewarding because of that. I tend to gravitate towards other intuitive types, but I am not anti any type. Every type, and every human, presents challenges. I tend to have problems communicating with SJs sometimes, but I don't dislike them as a whole. I just try to keep in mind that we think differently and try adjust my communication style if I think there is a disconnect.

morose bourgeoisie Array

My best buddy is a 'rational' and I am not.

Banned Array
    1w9 sp/sx

That doesn't really apply to me since only one of my close friends is an NT (an ENTP, and we're not even that close anymore, although we were best friends from kindergarten all the way through the end of middle school), and all other NTs I'm friends with I'm not that close with (my other close friends are two ISTJs, an ESFP, an ENFP, and an ESTP, and I get along perfectly fine with all except my ENFP friend).

As for my family, my dad is an ESTJ, my mom is an ISFJ, my older brother is an ISTP, and my younger brother is an ENFP. I get along best with my younger brother, even though I'm closer in age to my older brother (a week less than two years between me and my older brother, two and a half years between me and my younger brother). My older brother and I get along when it's just the two of us, or just us and one other person, but he's always a jerk to me when we're in a group (just like my ENFP friend), so we don't get along well. I also get along fine with my parents. As for cousins, the two that I hang around with when we see them are NTs (an ENTP boy and an INTJ girl) - I do also hang around with a five year old cousin of mine at family gatherings too, since I love little kids, but he's too young for me to type.

So yeah, I don't have a hard time getting along with non-NTs.

defying your expectations Array SoraMayhem's Avatar
    4w5 so/sx

The one NT I know extremely well is very good at switching between I and E.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!