User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

I think this book titled "Society Against Itself: Political Correctness and Organizational Self-Destruction" sums up the major antagonizing elements that ISTP endure. http://www.amazon.com/Society-Agains.../dp/185575763X
    Mastery is its own reward.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Right. Now that I'm fairly certain of my type, I'll do this:

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    For myself, I notice that I become self conscious when I become intimidated by people. I have trouble viewing myself very positively in front of boisterous, in your face kind of people who like intimidating.
    Example: Just a couple of weeks ago I was trying to train this girl to do her job and she just intimidated me, so I started mumbling and saying really stupid stuff that she didn't find humorous at all. She ended up yelling at me in front of everyone, "Stop mumbling! You're pissing me off." I'm pretty sure I wanted to cry right then and there.
    Exactly. So much. Part of what's so intimidating about louder and more forceful people like that, though, is that I also kinda really want to be more like them. Boisterous gets results in this world. But not when training for a job! The specific situation you describe was out of line.

Heh, I have this issue where I just kind of fade out if people don't like what I'm offering up with my finds. I'm kind of like, "er...never mind. I'll just go over here...".
    Same thing. It's almost like a test of compatibility.

I cut and go very easily. It's hard because people trust me so easily and I have to be aware of that so I don't hurt them. That kind of stuff doesn't hurt me though, so the difficulty is for me to see what they're experiencing through their eyes. I don't have much attachment with people because I've moved so much my whole life, so I have a hard time connecting in a long term way.
    I have this same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    When I was younger, I definitely related to both of these! I was even told that I was selfish when I was a kid. I didn't understand why - I thought I was just being myself. But it stung real badly, and as I grew up I overcompensated for it (keep in mind I was taking a shot in the dark here as I didn't see anything wrong with my behaviour in the first place) by taking EVERYBODY else's views into consideration that a lot of the time I forgot what mine was.
    I can't even add anything. This is precisely spot on!

Thoughts on FiNi: A dichotomous test can mistake it for FiNe because oh hey Fi and intuition, but if you look closer, you'll notice a lack of extraverted balance to the functions the person is using. That's where one can get too self-involved. You believe and say things that make sense to only you, with no reference to anything outside. When I'm stuck in FiNi, I will use a lot of big words and weave absolutely labyrinthine personal ideas that are actually relevant to nothing and really difficult to put into words. People don't follow me. I'll also mistake the impact that something has on my Fi values for how much the thing really matters. FiNe is open. FiNi is closed and self-sheltering.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

WALMART

2 sexy

Pretty much every girl I meet, at this point, I'm praying is ISFP.

Also: will take ISFJ, ESFJ.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dudesowin View Post
    I think this book titled "Society Against Itself: Political Correctness and Organizational Self-Destruction" sums up the major antagonizing elements that ISTP endure. http://www.amazon.com/Society-Agains.../dp/185575763X
    What does this have to do with this thread at all?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    What does this have to do with this thread at all?
    Was wondering that
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes I agree.

I also think the only cure for it is Ni development. That way one can learn to see things from a distanced, shifting perspective, and realize that everything isn't an affront to one's own values or ego.

On the other hand, SFPs may very much internalize not only their values, but their experiences as personal, making their personal attachment to their beliefs that much more personal. Like if my Fi values are based on what I've seen and experienced in real life, it's all going to seem a lot more dire and serious to me than someone who is just arm-chair philosophizing in a cozy manner. People may be like, "calm down why is this so serious to you" to which my response is "because it affects real people, not just *ideals* of people."

I really think Ni development is key. But healthy Ni development. Fi/Ni loops just lead to further paranoia that everybody hates you, and may be out to undermine your values/vision.
    Honestly, I think Se development is detrimental to pulling a too introverted feeling type out of their self loathing hole.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Honestly, I think Se development is detrimental to pulling a too introverted feeling type out of their self loathing hole.
    How so, and other than that, what do you think would help them?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Webslinger Fi/Ni looping (too much introversion) can run an ISFP or INTJ into the ground. I feel as though I was stuck in it in the past. If someone is introverting too much, they need to extrovert their self in whatever manner is appropriate to their personality type in order to balance out. So for me, it took delving back into the arts and my impulses. Drawing again, painting again, going outside and sky gazing.

It would be the same if an extrovert were extroverting too much. They'd lose a sense of self without introverting any.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I have a very good friend who is isfp ... we understand each other's Fi very well and let it have space to do what it needs to do.

I'm posting because we were chatting on typology and this thread got me thinking about that conversation, so I will share a little bit too see what other isfp's think.

Basically, we got talking about Fi - Si looping vs Fi - Ni looping (although we didn't call it that - she's not as interested in or knowledgeable about typology in general). I told her that I could replay events from my life and feel the emotions from them as real as if they were happening to me, events from decades ago even. Her comment on that was that she did not experience that in any way, but had kind of built-up expectations of how many tears would be shed before one was healed from a past hurt. So, for example a bad break-up to her means a quantity of pain that has to be experienced before one is able to move on. When she cries, she says to herself, "Well of course I'm crying, it takes 6 months of tears before I will feel better able to move forward." And then, when that 'quota' of sorts has been reached, she does not go back there, the emotions are done and she feels pretty much nothing about that pain anymore. Doesn't feel it again.

isfp's - can you relate to that too?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Mahalka liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I have a very good friend who is isfp ... we understand each other's Fi very well and let it have space to do what it needs to do.

I'm posting because we were chatting on typology and this thread got me thinking about that conversation, so I will share a little bit too see what other isfp's think.

Basically, we got talking about Fi - Si looping vs Fi - Ni looping (although we didn't call it that - she's not as interested in or knowledgeable about typology in general). I told her that I could replay events from my life and feel the emotions from them as real as if they were happening to me, events from decades ago even. Her comment on that was that she did not experience that in any way, but had kind of built-up expectations of how many tears would be shed before one was healed from a past hurt. So, for example a bad break-up to her means a quantity of pain that has to be experienced before one is able to move on. When she cries, she says to herself, "Well of course I'm crying, it takes 6 months of tears before I will feel better able to move forward." And then, when that 'quota' of sorts has been reached, she does not go back there, the emotions are done and she feels pretty much nothing about that pain anymore. Doesn't feel it again.

isfp's - can you relate to that too?
    I still do that over my father's death sometimes. That event was 13 years ago…

I still miss him…

It's times like this I need to think of something nice for a bit.

I like your profile picture. It reminds me of my sweet wolf that I owned for a while. I loved her. My mother hated her, though. I bought her with my own money, so she wasn't here's to sell. She sold her from me. I cried and I sometimes still cry.

I need to go to work now.

I feel rotten…