User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Keirsey based it on the ancient four temperaments, via Kretschmer's character styles (depressive, hypomanic, anesthetic and hyperesthetic), and they happened to map onto the S + J/P and N + T/F groups.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I find it kind of ironic how different INTP and ISTP is from each other, despite being so close in some ways. The logic rules are the same, but the assumptions and priorities of data being examined can be so different that very different results can be achieved (one of the most typical being how ISTP often sees INTP as just pissing away time on meaningless distinctions that the INTP considers to be of prime importance, etc).[/QUOTE]

Last I heard it's the INTPs who get annoyed when ISTPs nitpick with minor details that are puzzle pieces constructing the big picture lol.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Socionics theory groups the temperaments as IJ, IP, EJ and EP.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

Last I heard it's the INTPs who get annoyed when ISTPs nitpick with minor details that are puzzle pieces constructing the big picture lol.
    No I think Se types get annoyed with INTPs nitpicking very subtle points with Ti/Si.

It drives me batty. I got into a debate/argument with an INTP on another forum, I told him he was a huge bore and time-waster.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Although I do agree that sensing types might be more likely to do what an INTP might see as wasting time, by informing every detail of their day, or every detail of a social drama.

I've even annoyed an ISTJ by telling him every detail of not only eating, but what I ate. Stuff like that. I've also had people say, "no I don't want to know what's going on." LMAO.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No I think Se types get annoyed with INTPs nitpicking very subtle points with Ti/Si.

It drives me batty. I got into a debate/argument with an INTP on another forum, I told him he was a huge bore and time-waster.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that you (and I) are an Fi/Te user. we're like "get to the point, we get the idea" and they want to spend time analyzing EVERY subtle detail and stubbornly stay there until it is perfect. most conversations are not a pre rehearsed sales presentation where every detail is taken into account. I wish Ti users would take into account the idea of general to specific. you have to focus on the main point/big picture before diving into details
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that you (and I) are an Fi/Te user. we're like "get to the point, we get the idea" and they want to spend time analyzing EVERY subtle detail and stubbornly stay there until it is perfect. most conversations are not a pre rehearsed sales presentation where every detail is taken into account. I wish Ti users would take into account the idea of general to specific. you have to focus on the main point/big picture before diving into details
    I think it's because of Ti/Si loops. It causes people to become pedantic, and the same thing doesn't happen in ISTPs because they use Ti with Se or Ni. INTPs tend to become pedantic and participate in hair-splitting sophistry, like if they realize they're wrong in principle, they'll try to prove you're wrong on some really minor point to protect their NT Rational egos of "being right."

ISFJs also have a version of this, but it expresses itself more outwardly, usually. In ISFJs I think it takes the form of a more nit-picky control that affects their environment or people around them instead of ideas. I associate ISFJ Si/Ti loops, for example, with the English teacher who takes points off of your grade, despite content, for things like misplaced commas.