User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    wot
    sometimes not easy to translate german to english. what this means is that the sentiment 'i am bored' often is made by very egocentrical or egoistical people. cause it, when said often by those people, implies that someone wants the other people to entertain him and that is egocentrical. therefore you say that 'saying you are bored' basically is done by people who are arrogant cause in fact there are so many exiciting things to do on the world that you should never be bored.

    Its more a form of politeness tho cause of course everyone is bored once in a while.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Interesting. I used to yell "I'm bored" at my mom sometimes when I know there is nothing on this earth that she can do to make things more interesting. It was a sort of ***hole joke.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    sometimes not easy to translate german to english. what this means is that the sentiment 'i am bored' often is made by very egocentrical or egoistical people. cause it, when said often by those people, implies that someone wants the other people to entertain him and that is egocentrical. therefore you say that 'saying you are bored' basically is done by people who are arrogant cause in fact there are so many exiciting things to do on the world that you should never be bored.

    Its more a form of politeness tho cause of course everyone is bored once in a while.
    The reason I get bored is because of the dogmatic societal systems programming the stupid masses into mindless marching minions of this retarted idea of social order. I get bored when these regulations are imposed upon me. Life becomes fun when we rebel against these rigid heirarchies and institutions. So yes, I get bored because I am arrogant enough to think I am above such nonsense.

  4. #24
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    I think that what @entropie is saying is that if you do things right you can avoid boredom no matter what... there's always new things to learn, new people to question, no ideas to explore and even older ideas to revisit and alter... there's always something to play with and explore, and if you think that you're above that sort of thing it is a form of arrogance in a way

    I really can't understand how someone could get bored when the internet and the rest of the world exists
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #25
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I really can't understand how someone could get bored when the internet and the rest of the world exists
    Yeah, I don't get bored easily either. I do get bored with a lot of group settings and certain types of people (depending on what they talk about), but I can always find something on my own. In a way, I kind of admire ESTPs for being able to "play along" more with just about anything, until a better option comes along. I can't sustain it.

  6. #26
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I don't get bored easily either. I do get bored with a lot of group settings and certain types of people (depending on what they talk about), but I can always find something on my own. In a way, I kind of admire ESTPs for being able to "play along" more with just about anything, until a better option comes along. I can't sustain it.
    situations where other people are talking too much involve me smiling and nodding while wandering off completely mentally... appear to be there but be millions of miles away... and hope they don't ask any questions that involve too many words
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #27
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The reason I get bored is because of the dogmatic societal systems programming the stupid masses into mindless marching minions of this retarted idea of social order. I get bored when these regulations are imposed upon me. Life becomes fun when we rebel against these rigid heirarchies and institutions. So yes, I get bored because I am arrogant enough to think I am above such nonsense.
    Strictly speaking you are part of the nonsense. The problem aint never the systems, the problem are always the people who invented them. You can decide where to go from here, but I can tell you so much: radical rebellion will not make you yourself happy. Rather more and more angry.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #28
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    If I wanted to I could stay indoors by myself for about a week and talk to no one, but I usually get really bored of that and have to at least skype or call someone on the phone eventually.
    Everyone needs someone to talk to. You could be an extrovert though, I dunno. Do you talk or listen more?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    I talk more unless they have something fascinating to tell me.

    also, random fact, I have a photo of me in EXACTLY the same pose as your avatar.

  10. #30
    Junior Member Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I think you need to eat more healthily.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] STRONG ENTJ Father, submissive ENFJ mother, out of her mind ESTP sister, ENTP son.
    By HotStunna in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
  2. The worst times to run out of toilet paper
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
  3. [MBTItm] running out of stuff to talk about.
    By Rachelinpa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM
  4. running out of toilet paper
    By velocity in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 04:16 AM
  5. So Paris is out of jail...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO