MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This.

Really? I quoted my own post to my ISFP wife, and she smiled when she heard me say "use it against someone."

The only thing about this that angers her is when she thinks I'm using her type against her. For example, if I told her my answer to ISFP chatter is to "change the channel" so that it sounds like a Charlie Brown teacher's voice, "wah wah wahhhhh wah wah."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Really? I quoted my own post to my ISFP wife, and she smiled when she heard me say "use it against someone."
    If I was really angry I would have gone on and on verbally. The angry face is supposed to be mildly amusing. Derp.

The only thing about this that angers her is when she thinks I'm using her type against her. For example, if I told her my answer to ISFP chatter is to "change the channel" so that it sounds like a Charlie Brown teacher's voice, "wah wah wahhhhh wah wah."
    Everybody is going to have a different complaint. Like the ISTJs complaint that I would express myself in too much detail. Ironically, you'd think an ISTJ would be just fine with that, but he went on to explain later that my sensory detail messed with his own Si conceptualizations or something. It was pretty strange because he would ASK me to talk or initiate conversations, or ask me questions that he wanted me to answer, but if I went into too much sensory detail about certain things he would just be like "whyyyyyy"...his impression of me would be like "today I went to the store and on my way I saw a cat, and it was gray and had little white paws, and then I had lunch, where I ate a barbeque chicken pizza with lots of cilantro, and it was on a blue plate, and there were these black and white photographs on the wall..." when in reality I probably wouldn't have mentioned that the plate was blue, geez.

This is part of where my habitual "cool story bro" comes from, because after my anecdotes sometimes he would just say "cool story bro." But it didn't upset me, I actually would just banter back and forth with him in bro-speak.

It only hurt my feelings when he said the details of my day were driving him nuts. It didn't make any sense to me that he expected me to entertain him ("dance monkey dance!") but then he'd get all weird about his own Occam's razor succinct statements, like it was superior to express himself in one or two sentences. Not entirely unlike an INTJ in that regard. Except more Si subject matter than Ni.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

If I was really angry I would have gone on and on verbally. The angry face is supposed to be mildly amusing. Derp.
    Not derp, because an angry emote is just that, not a mildly amusing angry emote. I don't really know you and I don't know how to interpret singular emotes used out of context. How is that my failing? The next person who uses it might not intend it in a mildly amusing way.

Are you still taking out your real-life problems on the forums?

Everybody is going to have a different complaint. Like the ISTJs complaint that I would express myself in too much detail. Ironically, you'd think an ISTJ would be just fine with that, but he went on to explain later that my sensory detail messed with his own Si conceptualizations or something. It was pretty strange because he would ASK me to talk or initiate conversations, or ask me questions that he wanted me to answer, but if I went into too much sensory detail about certain things he would just be like "whyyyyyy"...his impression of me would be like "today I went to the store and on my way I saw a cat, and it was gray and had little white paws, and then I had lunch, where I ate a barbeque chicken pizza with lots of cilantro, and it was on a blue plate, and there were these black and white photographs on the wall..." when in reality I probably wouldn't have mentioned that the plate was blue, geez.

This is part of where my habitual "cool story bro" comes from, because after my anecdotes sometimes he would just say "cool story bro." But it didn't upset me, I actually would just banter back and forth with him in bro-speak.

It only hurt my feelings when he said the details of my day were driving him nuts. It didn't make any sense to me that he expected me to entertain him ("dance monkey dance!") but then he'd get all weird about his own Occam's razor succinct statements, like it was superior to express himself in one or two sentences. Not entirely unlike an INTJ in that regard. Except more Si subject matter than Ni.
    An ISTJ even told me, ME, that I "talk a lot."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not derp, because an angry emote is just that, not a mildly amusing angry emote. I don't really know you and I don't know how to interpret singular emotes used out of context. How is that my failing? The next person who uses it might not intend it in a mildly amusing way.

Are you still taking out your real-life problems on the forums?
    Are you nuts? Seriously, Mal, you need to calm down, bro. If anyone is taking out "real life problems" here it's you right now. You're way too invested in this conversation about ...emotes.

Why u get so butthurt over teh word derp?

An ISTJ even told me, ME, that I "talk a lot."
    Well it wasn't that I talk too much, but that I used too much sensory detail in certain stories, specifically, which he later explained to me exactly why that messed with him. Like he would say "you go on and on about this road you were just on, but I've already been on that road." It's like the vaguer the story the better, in some cases, so he could fill in the details with his own past sensory imagination. Which I don't understand, because I would want him to tell me MOAR details, not less, about singular life events.

If he thought I talked too much I doubt he'd ask me to continue saying things, or tell me that when I met in him in person I'd better have my game face on because he's a very introverted man, or that he'd spend sometimes up to 8-10-12 hours a day available to me. SJs can be some of the best companions, truly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

^

Also my ISTJ grandfather was good for listening to my prattling as a child/adolescent. He was actually better at it than his ESTJ wife, who he'd get mad at if she told me I was "talking about stupid shit". It's like I had a captive audience with my grandfather (though sometimes undoubtedly he wasn't paying attention to what I was saying at all, by his "ooohkay" and head pats) ...and he liked my presence, even if my presence was silent, he'd want me in the same room with him while we were both reading.

Of course he told me to shut up sometimes, but I'm not as talkative as an ESFP or ESFJ who probably would have driven him batty. I think he liked that I'd just sit there in the same room with him and read a book. And I'd think he wouldn't care if I was there, and I'd get up to leave and he'd be like "hey where are you going" even though he hadn't said two words to me in an hour.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Are you nuts?
    Yeah, I'm a little nuts, same as you.

Seriously, Mal, you need to calm down, bro. If anyone is taking out "real life problems" here it's you right now. You're way too invested in this conversation about ...emotes.

Why u get so butthurt over teh word derp?
    Ummm, because it means "stupid"? Am I a derp because I can't read your mind in order to know that was supposed to be mildly amusing? I'm a typologist, not a psychic, Jim!

Well it wasn't that I talk too much, but that I used too much sensory detail in certain stories, specifically, which he later explained to me exactly why that messed with him. Like he would say "you go on and on about this road you were just on, but I've already been on that road." It's like the vaguer the story the better, in some cases, so he could fill in the details with his own past sensory imagination. Which I don't understand, because I would want him to tell me MOAR details, not less, about singular life events.

If he thought I talked too much I doubt he'd ask me to continue saying things, or tell me that when I met in him in person I'd better have my game face on because he's a very introverted man, or that he'd spend sometimes up to 8-10-12 hours a day available to me. SJs can be some of the best companions, truly.
    I don't see it as being about vaguer details, but only the highlights, perhaps only the interesting or funny ones. Things that are good for your audience to hear, so they don't get out the crooked cane and haul you off the stage. Quality, not quantity.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I'm a little nuts, same as you.

Ummm, because it means "stupid"? Am I a derp because I can't read your mind in order to know that was supposed to be mildly amusing? I'm a typologist, not a psychic, Jim!
    All I said was derp. You read way too much into that. I can see smart-ass banter isn't your strong point. You get way too excited over emotes and slang.

I don't see it as being about vaguer details, but only the highlights, perhaps only the interesting or funny ones. Things that are good for your audience to hear, so they don't get out the crooked cane and haul you off the stage. Quality, not quantity.
    But you're not him, and he explained to me what the issue was, for him.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My experience with ISTJs is that they have no patience with hearing about things of no personal interest to them. For example, I can't talk about science fiction and expect any real response or any sign of interest (maybe a really dumb question like "Why do spaceships need captains anyway?"), but turning the topic to Family Guy brings about an almost instantaneous positive response. It's like turning on a light switch.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

All I said was derp. You read way too much into that. I can see smart-ass banter isn't your strong point. You get way too excited over emotes and slang.
    So?

But you're not him, and he explained to me what the issue was, for him.
    I have ISTJ experience, so let's see if what I just posted above matches your own experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My experience with ISTJs is that they have no patience with hearing about things of no personal interest to them. For example, I can't talk about science fiction and expect any real response or any sign of interest (maybe a really dumb question like "Why do spaceships need captains anyway?"), but turning the topic to Family Guy brings about an almost instantaneous positive response. It's like turning on a light switch.
    I'm actually the same way. I hate talking science fiction, typically, unless it's something very specific. I would much rather talk about Family Guy than science fiction, too.

I'd also rather talk about early 20th century literature than football.

I can't stand being held hostage by this old man who I love to death (really, I do love him to death, I even call him grandpa) because he'll go on and on about things like spaceships and the illuminati and Hyperborea.

The problem there, for me, are topics that make me roll my eyes. Like seriously, I want the fuck away. But I can talk on and on about people's personal life experiences, for example...I think everyone's like that to some degree.

My ESFJ ex even used to say "why do girls always want to tell you about their cousin and their uncle and their childhood?" I wonder how many of his exes were SFP females.