• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] enfp male...i'm an istp female

ladyISTP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
so, i have this old friend. he's an enfp male. we used to be really close. talk on the phone everyday for four hours at a time. we never really hung out, because my sister and him used to be really close. he was in love with her, but she never liked him, barely liked him as a friend. it took him over a year to get over her. he called her his first love. i was of course, super jealous. i wasn't at first, at first we were juts friends. but then, i got diagnosed as psychotic. and he was my main delusion. i thought he was perfect for me and hypothetically, i was perfect for him. i thought he wanted a reader following me around and i strived to be that. he told me several things, that now i want to punch him in the face for saying that, because i still believe we're perfect for each other, but he couldn't care less about my existence. he's said that if he were to marry, he would only want to marry someone like me. he's said that he doesn't want him and i to end up like him and my sister. just not talking at all.
he used to be the one who called me and i would call occasionally. and now if we ever talk, i'm the one calling and he couldn't care less about my existence.
is this typical enfp? he just forgets about people from his past?
and me being psychotic, his voice is the voice i hear in my head. so it's almost impossible for me to get over him. trust me, if i didn't have this voice, i would have gotten over him last year, but then i have complete regret because i know, for a fact, that if i wasn't crazy (because when i was crazy, i NEVER and i mean NEVER talked) we would have dated. and we would still be together
this is just me venting mostly, but i need help. i can't get over him, i hear him in my head! and he doesn't give a rat's butt about my existence.

KDude

Hmm.. You almost sound like you're admitting to psychosis? In which case, this isn't the best place for advice. I hope it's just a crush though. All I can suggest is to stimulate yourself with as many distractions as possible. Whether it's finding someone else, or just getting into other things you "love"? Or just do the second. Surely there are other things you like doing. You never can pick who you fall for really, but it can go away in time. But in the meantime, just occupy your thoughts elsewhere.

I know it's not much help, but.. good luck.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what does your therapist say?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enfps are the worst.
Spit_Emote_by_eStunt.gif

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We, or at least me, don't forget important people from the past. Actually, I think I can tell you in chronological order the name of all my best friends in the past years and girls I liked the most. It's that important for us.

So, I guess we don't simply erase people from our lives like that, unless we have never even liked that person, and only pretended the whole time (we do this a lot to be accepted by everyone, but that doesn't seem like your case).
Well, anyway, I'm curious, what did he told you, and why?

One more thing, you are an ISTP, right? As far as I know, we usually like you guys very much. I have one ISTP friend, and he is awesome. I had a ISTP girlfriend too, and it seemed like we completed each other.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm.. You almost sound like you're admitting to psychosis? In which case, this isn't the best place for advice. I hope it's just a crush though. All I can suggest is to stimulate yourself with as many distractions as possible. Whether it's finding someone else, or just getting into other things you "love"? Or just do the second. Surely there are other things you like doing. You never can pick who you fall for really, but it can go away in time. But in the meantime, just occupy your thoughts elsewhere.

I know it's not much help, but.. good luck.

:nice:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll address the main issue. You mention you have auditory hallucinations and hear his voice. Is this still on-going? If so, please go back to your doctor. If you have stopped taking your prescribed medication, please call him and be honest that you let it lapse. They are understanding and very forgiving about this.

In the meantime, your judgement, emotions, and ability to make decisions are clouded. In fact, your delusions could be interfering with your normal range of emotions and exacerbating how, when and who you express them to.

Get yourself collected and stabilized. Take care of yourself first here. Deal with the ENFP with a clear mind.

ladyISTP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Yes, I'm admitting to psychosis. I take medication for it, it just hasnt gone away yet. They increased my dose yesterday, but I don't want to take it. I miss the delusions. I still have them but not as bad. Like I used to be able to have conversations with the voice in my head but now I just hear him. I was never lonely because there was always someone there and it was him! We were good friends. Anyway, he has told me that I'm one of his favorite people and the other things I mentioned. But I'm just having a hard time getting over him. And it sucks, this is just me complaining and I'm sorry. Have any of you guys had enfp-istp relationships? Was it hard to get over?

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
ENFP's won't ever forget important people to them and if you manage to get on that list you'll probably never get off that list.

But, because they are so impulsive if they are interested in something they tend to get lost in it. So not hearing from him might just mean he's off doing something.

ENFP's tend to pick up relationships right where they left off without understanding that lengths of absence are attrition in relationships.

Also, what everybody else said about treatment is true. I hope you feel better soon. :)