User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    why not take some time for adventure and come back to it? Unless you mean family/kids of course.
    Well, that's been my outlook for as long as I can remember. Problem is, I get derailed very easily and never seem to come back to it. I know Alaska would take me in a complete other direction than where I want to be. I don't want to be that thirty or forty something who only has great stories. I want to have something to show for myself. I'm trying to save up for a home and I'm up for a job that could increase my pay by a third. I don't want to risk it with Alaska.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lol, you sound like an enfp.

edit: i'm not retyping you or anything btw
    There are just things that need doing, and I can't seem to find any other reason to exist
    Dirt Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Well, that's been my outlook for as long as I can remember. Problem is, I get derailed very easily and never seem to come back to it. I know Alaska would take me in a complete other direction than where I want to be. I don't want to be that thirty or forty something who only has great stories. I want to have something to show for myself. I'm trying to save up for a home and I'm up for a job that could increase my pay by a third. I don't want to risk it with Alaska.
    Ahhhhh. Understandable. I would hate to be in that situation. Dreams vs practicality. What a bother :\
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Alaska sounds better to me but I understand if you want to do something different now.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Can i play? Too late

Latest faze is an Eco house set on a lot of land, far far away from people. I will live off the land and become a recluse. Only downside is i'm scared of large spiders so i need to work around that one
    And i want to work for a few months on a third world country. That experience would be so fucking awesome. Maybe one day
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I want an apartment in some quiet place where there's an ocean, mountain trails, and loads of farmers markets (at least as equally as there are corporate grocery chains). Clean air! Minimal furniture/only necessary possessions.

And I would go running in the morning during spring, laze around outside during summer, be moderately peripatetic during autumn, and go to the mountains during winter (down which I, by some stroke of magic, will snowboard). I'll work a lot. But it won't be a job that I hate. I will feel like I've worked hard at the end of every day; I will actually deserve the rest. And I'll have so many books that I'd fall asleep reading. In perfect silence. (God, I miss silence)

The fantasy is in getting there almost entirely on my own. Or at least getting as close as possible to there almost entirely on my own. But once I do get there/close to there, I want a really small circle of friends who are as weird as I am to enjoy it with.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I'd love to go into professional acting. But that's really hard, so realistically im going to be an acting teacher, and hey i can pursue that dream in the summer which is a two months break for teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseantlers View Post
    I'd love to go into professional acting. But that's really hard, so realistically im going to be an acting teacher, and hey i can pursue that dream in the summer which is a two months break for teachers.
    You should try at least.

I used to be interested in acting, but the actual practice of it didn't appeal to me. All the psychological and story analysis interested me, but actual performance and simply releasing emotions, other than anger, was hard. I had an acting teacher who thought I was great - until she gave me more roles. I doubt it would be the same for you. Sounds like you're already into it enough, so I'm not sure what about the professional area is daunting? I think ESFPs tend to be better than most people when it comes to asking for things or selling themselves (like auditions).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You should try at least.
    For sure I will!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseantlers View Post
    For sure I will!
    Glad you understood that at least. I just reread my post... seems like one big sentence or something.

Anyways.. I wish I could act. I found that I had a lot of limits. I guess I hold back a lot.