• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I decided to be an attention whore

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and announce official entry here.

I'm pretty sure my rep for being Se is solidified, though I want to know what makes me resemble Fi farts other than expression of emotion + melodrama.

Do note if haters reply to this thread, a colorful barrage of vocabulary would come crashing at you.

Have good day :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You just answered yourself.

I thought Fi was more about your own moral values and whatever self-centered shit about your own emotional stance towards things?

Oh shit I'm confusing socionics and MBTI again.

Then again:

Uwace said:
I'm pretty sure my rep for being Se is solidified, though I want to know what makes me resemble Fi farts other than expression of emotion + melodrama.

Technically I didn't answer myself.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought Fi was more about your own moral values and whatever self-centered shit about your own emotional stance towards things?

Oh shit I'm confusing socionics and MBTI again.

Well, it certainly is. However, you do not strike me as Ti. At all.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure.

Se Ti Fe Ni = ESTP

simulatedworld said:
When Fe is granted too powerful a position in the ESTP's cognitive hierarchy, she may overreact to perceived displays of disloyalty, and feel especially inclined to aggressively counteract this perceived betrayal through an increasingly disturbing series of oneupmanship games. Without a strong Ti perspective to balance out the subjective world, the SeFe loop ESTP can become entirely too wrapped up in the opinions of others, struggling constantly to balance her social image as cool and exciting (Se) against the moral and ethical expectations of her peers (Fe). When the two meet head on without the aid of auxiliary Ti, often the only solution that occurs to the beleaguered ESTP is to further increase her externalized displays of status and power, indulging in aimless hedonism and overreacting to the slightest loss of approval among her peer group. Trapped between her role as trend-setting entertainer and the increasingly uncomfortable realization that her life requires more externalized ethical structure, the SeFe ESTP may experience substantial difficulty in finding any cohesive balance between these disparate sides of her personality.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I was talking about as a second function. I know the order.

Have you taken a functions test?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I was talking about as a second function. I know the order.

Have you taken a functions test?

Don't believe in them; the functions don't align according to axis.

I can have both Ti and Te strongly; which doesn't make sense. Just because I'm good at both doesn't necessarily mean I prefer both.

edit: besides, I'm pretty sure i'll spike the test according to how I see myself. I'd hardly call that accurate.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you thought about checking into Enneagram? That helped me solidify my MBTI type more than those function tests. An ESTP Enneagram 8 is going to have a very different disposition than an ESTP type 7. They "look" like very different types but are the same. Although, the ESTP profiles may ring more true for the Enneagram 7.

Once you know your Enneagram, it makes it easier to identify the stereotyped MBTI "characteristics" of each type on those profiles. Get more to the nitty gritty of how the type functions, rather than caught up on fitting into the specific descriptions.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you thought about checking into Enneagram? That helped me solidify my MBTI type more than those function tests. An ESTP Enneagram 8 is going to have a very different disposition than an ESTP type 7. They "look" like very different types but are the same. Although, the ESTP profiles may ring more true for the Enneagram 7.

Once you know your Enneagram, it makes it easier to identify the stereotyped MBTI "characteristics" of each type on those profiles. Get more to the nitty gritty of how the type functions, rather than caught up on fitting into the specific descriptions.

Yep, I'm pretty set on 8 for the enneagram. I know what is my core motivation -- independence leads to power -- how I grow and disintegrate. Though I'm not too sure about the Holy Idea because for type 8, it's truth, and I have yet to see what the truth really is.

Now it seems that I'm telling you all of this without actually showing you. So I'm going to link you to my blog which I think explains why I'm type 8 and Ti-ESTp:
http://www.personalitynation.com/entry.php?b=870

I'm not entirely sure on MBTI because I threw the system away in favor of socionics -- I would have to get my definitions right for MBTI. Most of the members would call me ESFP because I'm too dramatic but some think I'm Ti/Fe because... well. I don't know.

Any definitions?