Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
Have you thought about checking into Enneagram? That helped me solidify my MBTI type more than those function tests. An ESTP Enneagram 8 is going to have a very different disposition than an ESTP type 7. They "look" like very different types but are the same. Although, the ESTP profiles may ring more true for the Enneagram 7.

Once you know your Enneagram, it makes it easier to identify the stereotyped MBTI "characteristics" of each type on those profiles. Get more to the nitty gritty of how the type functions, rather than caught up on fitting into the specific descriptions.
Yep, I'm pretty set on 8 for the enneagram. I know what is my core motivation -- independence leads to power -- how I grow and disintegrate. Though I'm not too sure about the Holy Idea because for type 8, it's truth, and I have yet to see what the truth really is.

Now it seems that I'm telling you all of this without actually showing you. So I'm going to link you to my blog which I think explains why I'm type 8 and Ti-ESTp:
http://www.personalitynation.com/entry.php?b=870

I'm not entirely sure on MBTI because I threw the system away in favor of socionics -- I would have to get my definitions right for MBTI. Most of the members would call me ESFP because I'm too dramatic but some think I'm Ti/Fe because... well. I don't know.

Any definitions?