User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default What are SPs like?

Most women seem to love text messaging and phone calls every day with the person they are interested in. But SPs have been described as being in very strong need of "space." SPs are you like this? Do you like to hear from your mates quite a bit just to say hello and see how your doing or is this invading space to do it too much?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Idealy, everyone needs space. If you're insecure about your attachment, you want less space because it hides your fear of abandonment and loneliness. I've known "SPs" who waffled between clingy and independent based on how I interacted with them, either suggesting interest or disinterest.

So, who's the lucky girl you're trying to court?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Most women seem to love text messaging and phone calls every day with the person they are interested in.
    You have obviously not yet met many of the women of this site (and most of them aren't even SP!)

I think even amongst SPs, the "e" or "i" function would make a big difference as far as needs for space. ISFPs are the protypical 'march to their own drummers". I think I knew an ISFP guy once and it was actually kinda fascinating trying to understand what his actual perceptions and boundaries were -- when I was being invasive and when he wanted..contact? (This isn't even in a romantic context, btw)

Even with my INTP friends, I often wonder if their stoic or gruff response to me is rebuffing me or telling me to back off or is actually the opposite, showing me they are in distress and want or even expect me reach out. I kinda wonder about their boundaries and space issues. It's harder with NTs or people who are not as...expressive or verbal, at least for me. I get all hyperactive with my Ne and try to anticipate reactions and needs and 'meanings' when my friends are in distress. Maybe it's easier for INFPs.

It's the classic quandary when you see an acquintance cry. How to respond? Do they want you to ignore them (I'm serious, I've often wished people would ignore me when I cry in public, b/c it's embarassing!) and give them a lot of space? Do they want you to reach out and hug them literally or figuratively?

BTW, I think your question about space when it comes to courtship can unfortunately lead to HEAD GAMES and second guessing what someone 'really means' or trying to send 'signals' to what you want. Yikes.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I'd say I'm fairly middle-of-the road when it comes to needing attention and contact. I call my husband usually once or twice a day and it bothers me if he never initiates the calling (which is a problem since he's an ENTJ and forgets that he has a wife). On the other hand I like my space and don't want to necessarily hang out with him during every moment when we have free time.

MBTI
    ESTP

Space is definitely needed for this ESTP... and if I don't get it, I'll start to lose energy... and become cranky.

It's nothing personal, and it usually can be only a few hours of doing nothing (but doing nothing on my terms ).

MBTI
    TiSe

Fish, your sentiments match mine and confirms my thoughts that ESTPs have a hypersenstivity to being confined and having no space to call their own. I think this type may mistype as introverted more than the other ET types. Refer to how FDR and JFK (both considered ESTP) were when not in the public's eye.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

It is in my experiences that most Is requires space... female or otherwise...

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Not meaning to derail... I'm so glad to see this thread. There aren't enough on this type and I'm still trying to figure out some functions for hubby. He doesn't fit descriptions I've seen so I'm trying to glean info.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Not meaning to derail... I'm so glad to see this thread. There aren't enough on this type and I'm still trying to figure out some functions for hubby. He doesn't fit descriptions I've seen so I'm trying to glean info.
    What type do you believe hubby to be?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    What type do you believe hubby to be?
    ISTP or J there are just some things in both descriptions that don't fit... only one I can remember right now is everything fit except a neat/clean environment which is so not him.