User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    istp

I only want to hear from people if they want to do something. I don't like chit-chat.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm a huge fan of space. I live in Arkansas and my boyfriend lives in Ohio...bothers him (ENxJ) a lot more than it bothers me. I just moved here in Jan. and I've got the same friend I moved up here with (ESTP) and we've made friends with an ISTJ (which is kinda weird 'cause he so closed minded about some stuff).

Oh, and I'm really dense and I can't read between the lines. At all. :P

Chit-chat is awful. I can't handle it. I never have anything to say....
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    ISTP or J there are just some things in both descriptions that don't fit... only one I can remember right now is everything fit except a neat/clean environment which is so not him.
    I actually can relate to some of the ISTJ descriptions as well, however keep in mind J/P does not equate to cleanliness. Also I have come to realize that SPs do not like change and ambiguous environments. They want to know what is expected of them, so they can determine how to wriggle around the structure. If that structure continues to change, they become frustrated. So ISTPs can easily mistype as J for a number of reasons: The Se can need and want familiarity which may resemble structure. Also, having a "Chart the Course" interaction style similar to INTJ, INFJ and ISTJ can make ISTPs appear more structured than they truly are.

Also I have come to realize that SPs do not like change and ambiguous environments. They want to know what is expected of them, so they can determine how to wriggle around the structure.
    So true! I thought for a long time that I was a J, because I don't like change (actually I DO, but I don't like it imposed on me) and I like the house to be quite tidy (but that's not necessarily due to hygiene - I like it to look nice), plus a few other things I misunderstood (or read too much into). However, I think this goes against the idea that SPs are generally improvisers and spontaneous. I've come to realize that I know a lot of SPs and these qualities come with a huge disclaimer!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Also I have come to realize that SPs do not like change and ambiguous environments. They want to know what is expected of them, so they can determine how to wriggle around the structure.
    Quite true...the less my environment changes, the more I can work it to my advantage/the way I want to do things.

As for the space issue...I need a lot of space. After getting home from school, or a social event, I need a couple hours to unwind before I want to interact with anyone again. It's not so much that being with/interacting more with people bothers me, it's just that I'm tired and don't feel like doing it until I've had some time to "recharge".
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Quite true...the less my environment changes, the more I can work it to my advantage/the way I want to do things.

As for the space issue...I need a lot of space. After getting home from school, or a social event, I need a couple hours to unwind before I want to interact with anyone again. It's not so much that being with/interacting more with people bothers me, it's just that I'm tired and don't feel like doing it until I've had some time to "recharge".
    Amen! I definitely agree with the space deal.

As far as rules... I really like knowing what I can and can't do. You gotta be clear with me, tell me exactly what's going on. It's not like I pick up on subtleties :P
    I don't usually take advantage of the system. I hate it when other people do it just because they can and they (probably) think they deserve to be able to.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    However, I think this goes against the idea that SPs are generally improvisers and spontaneous. I've come to realize that I know a lot of SPs and these qualities come with a huge disclaimer!
    So true. I am not spontaneous as ISTJs that I know, and you're absolutely right that Se users can mistaken their actions for what we understand to be J-ness, i.e. confusing a need for immediate impact with a need closure.

confusing a need for immediate impact with a need closure
    Yes! When I make my mind up about something, or resign myself to the inevitable, then my thought is "let's just do it!" And if others are giving it lots of time or not moving on it then I get get really annoyed (and have been known to get pushy about it).

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Yes! When I make my mind up about something, or resign myself to the inevitable, then my thought is "let's just do it!" And if others are giving it lots of time or not moving on it then I get get really annoyed (and have been known to get pushy about it).
    I just love ISFPs

Thanks!