• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Another ESTP

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Well, here's another SP. :D

I have been taking the MBTI for over 11 years. I first took it at school, then I proceeded to investigate it online. I started as an INFP. I took the test every 3 months. I gradually changed; INTP and then ESTP - I went a few years not caring and discovered I was the latter. I took it recently to confirm it, with 75%+ in the E, S, T & P.. I had a lot of doubt, that I was extroverted first of all. Looking back and knowing what E really means, I believe I always was an E, and growing up, due to environmental factors and circumstances was highly anxious, making me an N, a blind N at that...it was simply a manifestation of worry all the time. I was probably always an ESTP actually, oh well, but lived most of the time as an INFP in the darker moments.

Recently discovered I'm an 8w7w8 - both the 8 and 7 were tied and my priorities in regards to those are both equal (control and being fulfilled).

I was interested in mingling here in my slower moments of life to take it all in. So far so good.

Do any other STP's find people avoiding you or just hesitant to approach you simply because of your personality? It's like this for me everywhere, I feel like I said something to them; they just can't handle it. It's annoying.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm amazingly approachable... I work sales :cheese:

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
LOL, it has to be good then for you. I'm stuck in retail, I mean customers have to come up, and they always assume I'm a manager. that's another issue, associates hang on me like flies asking for this and that, direction and I could care less, merely because I "appear to be" a manager. Had a customer the other day enraged because an associate called a manager and I'm standing there, saying I helped so and so, and I was a manager and should help them. So I did..ity's called price over ride and the look of death. You don't need to be a manager to convince an idiot into thinking he "won the sale".

When it comes to associates, they don't talk much to me, and for that matter we have nothing to talk about ..it's all dramatic usually, or they don't like having their views violated by mine. So silence it is.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound like my ESTP roommate, she works in retail and has a similar situation to yours.

I dunno, I find STPs oddly charming and quite likable and I've been fortunate that the feelings are usually mutual :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weclome to the board! :) We have far too few ESxPs to commune with here.