• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS are the best

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think being thrown in a brand new situation does that for me. If that happens. Playing around with my understanding is more for my own sake though or for working around something.. a learning experience.. rather than anything to do with creating an affect on people (not to say I wouldn't screw with people, but that's not the point). Also, once I am redefining things, I've probably been weirder or ballsier in some way than ESTPs. Maybe it's Ni.

With me the bigger my global understanding the more I play.

KDude

With me the bigger my global understanding the more I play.

Playing with people, right?

I'm not sure how to illustrate whenever I do that. I don't think it's ever when I understand something. Rather, it's when there's a big unknown, and I just have to dive in. Sometimes it could have nothing to do with people, where you just jump into a situation, physically.. or with some new project. With people.. I might test my luck. See where that takes me. I might approach a dating situation without any understanding. Or maybe with cops. There was a time when I kind of got a lot of shit from them. I remember one instance driving with a bunch of people and we were loaded with things that'd put us in jail for years. This cop that I knew saw me drive past and turned around, pulled us over. I didn't understand how he "worked" so I took a chance and told him the truth. He asked where we'd been, and told him the truth. What I had on me, and told him the truth. It was so ridiculous that he laughed and let me go. I probably would've fucked it up otherwise.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Typical ISTP

KDude

haha.. i know that skit.

i'd say i'm good with material things. i don't want to borrow things to begin with. my time or work, no. the closest people like my family get on my case, but i can't seem to stop forgetting shit.

R

Riva

Typical ISTP

:laugh:

Slipped my mind!

haha.. i know that skit.

i'd say i'm good with material things. i don't want to borrow things to begin with. my time or work, no. the closest people like my family get on my case, but i can't seem to stop forgetting shit.

I never knew ISTPs to be forgetful. I always imagined ISTPs to be dependable.

KDude

Not me.

Of course, I might not be ISTP either.

In any case, I'm dependable when I care. Not when anyone else cares. When I'm like that, I'm enthusiastic. People who are duty bound are kind of admirable from a distance, but very different. Ironically, I might care about them and tell them to relax.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

ISTJ is dependable, but the only type more undependable than ISTP is INTP, like for example Albert Einstein, who never remembered anything from social rituals to eating.

Come to think of it, the difference between P and J for ISTP and ISTJ is probably more noticeable than between any other type with its P or J cousin, since ISTJ is the biggest rule follower and ISTP is the biggest rule breaker, the ultimate traditionalist versus the ultimate rebel.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ISTJ is dependable, but the only type more undependable than ISTP is INTP, like for example Albert Einstein, who never remembered anything from social rituals to eating.

Come to think of it, the difference between P and J for ISTP and ISTJ is probably more noticeable than between any other type with its P or J cousin, since ISTJ is the biggest rule follower and ISTP is the biggest rule breaker, the ultimate traditionalist versus the ultimate rebel.

Depends what you mean by rule breaker and rule follower, I know 2 ISTJS who hate conforming to societies rules, laws and all that. ISTJS just want things to be consistent within their own lives. Whatever they possess whether it's family or business it has to be organized and consistent, I can't blame them for that.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It all depends on what "dependable" means to you. My memory is shot, dont depend on me for that. My SP instinct is shot...the one thing you can depend on is a shot SP instinct. If you depend on someone for something they arent good at then they arent dependable. Just for fun, I will throw "dependable" back on someones lack of actually knowing what they can depend on within a person. My ex would say I am extremely undependable...and I always argue back...and you expect the wrong things out of the wrong people...maybe you should just learn to accept people for who they are instead of always fighting for the dependability "YOU" want. Part of my relationship with ex in a nutshell...and it has nothing to do with marriage. 99% of the time it had nothing to do with me, just her frustration and anger with other people. I guess my "live and let live" is strong...you can depend on that ;)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
It all depends on what "dependable" means to you. My memory is shot, dont depend on me for that. My SP instinct is shot...the one thing you can depend on is a shot SP instinct. If you depend on someone for something they arent good at then they arent dependable. Just for fun, I will throw "dependable" back on someones lack of actually knowing what they can depend on within a person. My ex would say I am extremely undependable...and I always argue back...and you expect the wrong things out of the wrong people...maybe you should just learn to accept people for who they are instead of always fighting for the dependability "YOU" want.

Ah yes, the infamous "NO U" counterargument.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah yes, the infamous "NO U" counterargument.

And the counter to that...it takes 2 to tango...dont knock my dependability and I wont knock the inability to adapt to people :D "Live and let live" is EXTREMELY strong in me.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
And the counter to that...it takes 2 to tango...dont knock my dependability and I wont knock the inability to adapt to people :D "Live and let live" is EXTREMELY strong in me.

no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typical ISTP

So you'll bring the condoms tomorrow?? Will do....LOL

Generally people misconstrue a good reaction to an idea as a positive "cemented" thing and it really isn't. I'm only agreeing that it is a possibility that I may decide to do that. "Sounds good. I might go. Call me that day and I'll see how I feel." Is the answer I give now. Seems to work pretty well. Sometimes that pisses people off that I won't plan in advance but that's me and oh well. It ain't gonna change. ;)

I am dependable in important situations such as work, and taking care of my friends in bad situations. I am that person you can call at 4 am when you've been arrested or have a flat, etc. I'll drop what I'm doing.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you'll bring the condoms tomorrow?? Will do....LOL

Generally people misconstrue a good reaction to an idea as a positive "cemented" thing and it really isn't. I'm only agreeing that it is a possibility that I may decide to do that.

So you're not the person to rely on to bring condoms then?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
pay no mind to what other people say If you have an ISTP by your side you're being taken care of, we are the best with dealing with any kind of critical situation.

I would agree with this. My ISTP fiance is amazing in a crisis. He's super calm and collected in hairy situations... whereas I'm all over the place. I often say to him that he's my rock.

Love you ISTPs.

:hug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Question: would an ISTP child wake up in the morning and tell people not only to not talk to him, but not to look at him, and become angry or upset if someone looked at him?

Is this a little kid thing, an introvert thing, a possible ISTP thing...or is he actually an Fi type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Question: would an ISTP child wake up in the morning and tell people not only to not talk to him, but not to look at him, and become angry or upset if someone looked at him?

Is this a little kid thing, an introvert thing, a possible ISTP thing...or is he actually an Fi type?

ISTPs may be worse with people than any other type, with the ENFJ alter ego being extremely people savy, so I would say what you describe is an ISTP trait!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISTPs may be worse with people than any other type, with the ENFJ alter ego being extremely people savy, so I would say what you describe is an ISTP trait!

Yeah I figured that this was probably true, especially with an Fe dom mother and two older sisters it seems like an ISTP could get overwhelmed by the people and their peopleness.

Like I'm an adult and I can't stand people to talk to me when I first wake up in the morning, and I've gone off on people before, but as a child I was never prone to flipping out on people for merely looking at me.

I've picked up on the fact that he may experience a certain misery within his family, like they're not giving him enough space, so it could be an ISTP trait specifically in a situation where they aren't properly "left alone." (I'm talking about an adult. This is something he apparently did as a small child).

I'm always really, really glad I was raised by my grandparents. Privacy and shutting the fuck up was a given.