• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS are the best

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm dating an istp now, and he's a few years older than me but i'm pretty sure we get along better now than we would have if he was my age, because he's (mostly) matured past his wild, getting into fights for fun phase.

to be on topic he is very smart, funny, helpful and sexy albeit an asshole sometimes. but hard to stay mad at.

KDude

"When something happens in south central Los Angeles nothin' happens it's just anotha nigga dead" - NWA.

I didn't see the edit. Nah, funnily very few of us grew up in ghettos. Most in middle class suburbs. That's probably a big part of the problem. Suburbs are boring.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that ISTP are the best. They are often pretty boring. ESTP and ESFP are awesome, but ISTP are just OK.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
My older brother is an ISTP... and I am much better than him.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm dating an istp now, and he's a few years older than me but i'm pretty sure we get along better now than we would have if he was my age, because he's (mostly) matured past his wild, getting into fights for fun phase.

to be on topic he is very smart, funny, helpful and sexy albeit an asshole sometimes. but hard to stay mad at.

It's funny. The older I get I see INFP working for me as a relationship. I would never even say that 5 years ago.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
pay no mind to what other people say If you have an ISTP by your side you're being taken care of, we are the best with dealing with any kind of critical situation.

What? Not.. really.

ISTPs are normal like everybody else. Just function in their own way with survival of the fittest on their mind. That gives one a critical advantage because of his or her readiness. Even if you are an ISTP doesn't mean you are going to survive in whatever situation because one has to be the fittest in order to be able to as best as possible and just being an ISTP doesn't necessarily make you fit.

KDude

What? Not.. really.

ISTPs are normal like everybody else. Just function in their own way with survival of the fittest on their mind. That gives one a critical advantage because of his or her readiness. Even if you are an ISTP doesn't mean you are going to survive in whatever situation because one has to be the fittest in order to be able to as best as possible and just being an ISTP doesn't necessarily make you fit.

I would agree. Many might have readiness, but it might be their undoing too. I'm pretty sure there are plenty darwin award winners who were ISTP. Kind of my point earlier about some friends. Some were ESTPs, but they didn't know their limits either.

I can think of many ways this was good and bad, for me personally. Also, if you fall out of an activity, I think skills kind of die off too. You need to keep it fresh. This has happened to me in some ways. Every since I had a bad skateboard accident, I never was as good. I took too long of a break from it and starting setting limits. I don't drive like I used to either. I used to cut 30 min travel times into 12 minutes. I'd cut through traffic like a master, at high speeds. I wouldn't pull that shit now.

KDude

I think you've finally convinced me that maybe you're not ISTP afterall.

I still think he's a Ti type though. But an extrovert.

He's tricky with his rationalizations and ways of proving things. Usually a quality of ETPs (sometimes EFJ). Instead of Ti working from a global base of understanding, it's more free and rationalizes situationally.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

He's tricky with his rationalizations and ways of proving things. Usually a quality of ETPs (sometimes EFJ). Instead of Ti working from a global base of understanding, it's more free and rationalizes situationally.

Good points.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I've got an exceptionally good ISTP friend right now.

We both give each other shit constantly. We have the most interesting conversations. He's a grumpy bastard and I never take anything seriously. We don't really understand each other all that well. It is always a crazy good time when we hang out.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

But what if Ti plays with its global base of understandings? We could then use that to really screw with rationalizations.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
pay no mind to what other people say If you have an ISTP by your side you're being taken care of, we are the best with dealing with any kind of critical situation.

Sounds like hitman talk to me.

KDude

But what if Ti plays with its global base of understandings?

I think being thrown in a brand new situation does that for me. If that happens. Playing around with my understanding is more for my own sake though or for working around something.. a learning experience.. rather than anything to do with creating an affect on people (not to say I wouldn't screw with people, but that's not the point). Also, once I am redefining things, I've probably been weirder or ballsier in some way than ESTPs. Maybe it's Ni.