• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS are the best

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever I find myself in an argument with a group of neanderthals, I am amazed at their incapacity to recognize they are the proprs and stage and I'm the performer. It's as if they're retort was intended send me away but what they fail to recognize in the ESTP is we're not so easily offended, or stirred into caring about someone that can only repeat the word "asshole" every 25 seconds. It's actually entertaining. And with every comment they try to muster, it's twisted and thrown at them. After about 45 minutes of it, (time varies for the sensitive ones)they end up begging you to leave, they don't even harass you. They just beg. Then you wrap it up with a charming comment that they all agree on and everyone is left standing in the burning waste of the war wondering who is friend or foe, and what the hell just happened.

Perhaps I am the darker side of the STP. Conflict is like air. Essential.

LOL, but they are worthy of your time. So what is your time worth these days?

edit: All hail KING of the Neanderthals:worthy:

edit again: :yim_rolling_on_the_

edit again again: :beathorse:

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Now you just need to have better grammar in your sentences and you're set. :)

My grammar is fine, when I want it to be.
Do you think a neanderthal cares if props are proprs?
:D

Here's also assuming English is my first language...

[MENTION=12103]_Poki_[/MENTION]
In a situation like that, ..I had nothing better to do with my time than harass them. It was still on my time, so they had to pay the price.
Some days are just not very stimulating you know.

Somebody has to be their King. Let the dictatorship begin.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My grammar is fine, when I want it to be.
Do you think a neanderthal cares if props are proprs?
:D

Here's also assuming English is my first language...

[MENTION=12103]_Poki_[/MENTION]
In a situation like that, ..I had nothing better to do with my time than harass them. It was still on my time, so they had to pay the price.
Some days are just not very stimulating you know.

Somebody has to be their King. Let the dictatorship begin.

Your statement still comes down to your time was worthless, so no matter how you twist and turn the whole "paying the price", your actions were still worthless. You did a good job giving them your 2 cents.

Thats where we split ways. To me there not worth my time to even engage. I prefer a more stimulating conflict with people who actually think. Thats why I like TypeC, because the conflict is not always with neanderthals. It allows each person the time to come up with something that is actually deep and meaning full and actually provide a intelligent debate over a quick witted conflict. But if thats your air and what you need to live more power to you:solidarity:

Oh I never formally welcomed you to TypeC...Welcome to TypeC :D

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I prefer a more stimulating conflict with people who actually think.

There's plenty of that in my life already...and to you, it would seem my time is worthless, it'd be worthless if it had no effect, perhaps, but it did. And I determine the worth of my own time anyways. :D

Quick witted conflict is "comedy time", the deeper debates are also essential in certain circumstances. It comes down to personal preference. )) As far as I've seen you can find both at TypeC.

R

Riva

A good ISTP is a dead ISTP.

;)

One of my aunts taught me that a long time ago. She wasn't referring to the ISTPs. She was referring to a certain ethnicity of people. She was only joking, we all laughed out loud.

But I secretly agreed.

Whenever I find myself in an argument with a group of neanderthals, I am amazed at their incapacity to recognize they are the proprs and stage and I'm the performer. It's as if they're retort was intended send me away but what they fail to recognize in the ESTP is we're not so easily offended, or stirred into caring about someone that can only repeat the word "asshole" every 25 seconds. It's actually entertaining. And with every comment they try to muster, it's twisted and thrown at them. After about 45 minutes of it, (time varies for the sensitive ones)they end up begging you to leave, they don't even harass you. They just beg. Then you wrap it up with a charming comment that they all agree on and everyone is left standing in the burning waste of the war wondering who is friend or foe, and what the hell just happened.

On the contrary ESTPs I have observed are easily offended. One of the most easily offendable types. They quickly become defensive and extremely verbally abusing. Usually dragging and making personal shortcomings as insults to unrelated topics (to win the argument).

Someone sensible would try their best to end an argument if insults are directed at each direction. Someone else might think this is victory.

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
A good ISTP is a dead ISTP.

;)

One of my aunts taught me that a long time ago. She wasn't referring to the ISTPs. She was referring to a certain ethnicity of people. She was only joking, we all laughed out loud.

But I secretly agreed.

On the contrary ESTPs I have observed are easily offended. One of the most easily offendable types. They quickly become defensive and extremely verbally abusing. Usually dragging and making personal shortcomings as insults to unrelated topics (to win the argument).

Someone sensible would try their best to end an argument if insults are directed at each direction. Someone else might think this is victory.

Well, I can agree with this. I am easily offended, but I don't act on this and this took so much training and requires a lot of self control. If I'm already predisposed, I'll either remove myself and find something else to endure the onslaught of verbal abuse. Lately I've trained myself to analyze the source of the "offense" and "why" it's actually affecting me so much, and usually it's my own misconception which makes me calm down. But even then, it takes some time and several distractions to "calm down". Then there's the "if I don't know you, you're input is invalid" stance, and the "immediate wounding by close relations" in regards to weight of someone sopinion against mine.

I don't know other ESTPs unfortunately so i haven't had the chance to watch -them- lol.

First off, this argument had nothing to gain and nothing to lose. If this was a political debate or there was a greater profit, yes, sense would have required and I wouldn't have involved myself. )) Sometimes, it's entertaining to bring complete chaos to complete harmony. I know very few share this sentiment. Nobody even knows the context of this argument anyways or what it was actually over, which I'm not going to state here.

Sometimes, common sense isn't required to have fun, and this is how I see it. I'm also the same person who will provoke authority out of sheer boredom.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lately I've trained myself to analyze the source of the "offense" and "why" it's actually affecting me so much, and usually it's my own misconception which makes me calm down. But even then, it takes some time and several distractions to "calm down". Then there's the "if I don't know you, you're input is invalid" stance, and the "immediate wounding by close relations" in regards to weight of someone sopinion against mine.

I could have written this myself. It's difficult to not react immediately to perceived insult. I don't know about you but I want to get the annoyance out of the way so I can relax again because I'm probably not going to come back to deal with the conflict/insulter later. By then, I won't care and it won't matter. Yet, I still want to stand my ground. So sometimes I jump the gun. Being a counterphobic 6w5, I have a lot of the behavior of an E8. You're right. Analyzing the source really helps.

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I could have written this myself. It's difficult to not react immediately to perceived insult. I don't know about you but I want to get the annoyance out of the way so I can relax again because I'm probably not going to come back to deal with the conflict/insulter later. By then, I won't care and it won't matter. Yet, I still want to stand my ground. So sometimes I jump the gun. Being a counterphobic 6w5, I have a lot of the behavior of an E8. You're right. Analyzing the source really helps.

Exactly, especially if you have any tendencies towards the "deal with all conflict -now-" syndrome; even worse yet, if you get a high from conflict.

In the past few days I have read up on the 8 personality, and realized that this may be a life long "problem". :D

KDude

I used to be like that.

Well, correction, I still am like that. It got me in trouble too much though, so I try to control it. Somewhere along the line, I became very aware of consequences. I think I'm a counterphobic 6 as well. As far as consequences go though, that's probably not any SP's strong suit (at least, young ones).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kdude is suppressing his inner Viking. He hides his battle axe/light under a basket.

KDude

Kdude is suppressing his inner Viking. He hides his battle axe/light under a basket.

It's necessary, believe me. I'm not proud of it, but this kind of stuff put me in juvenile hall and various minor jail cells before I was even 18. I'm lucky I was a minor, and it doesn't stain my record.

Mom told me to count to 10. That's the real reason on how I started learning. So simple, right? :laugh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's necessary, believe me. I'm not proud of it, but this kind of stuff put me in juvenile hall and various minor jail cells before I was even 18. I'm lucky I was a minor, and it doesn't stain my record.

Mom told me to count to 10. That's the real reason on how I started learning. So simple, right? :laugh:

Mom *does* know best. I'm glad you listened to her. :hug:

Yesterday, I called a grocery store where I'd made a special order. I'd had some trouble in the past getting the orders in a timely fashion, but the managers had historically been very nice and conciliatory, so I didn't yell at anyone though I'd driven a long way once with nothing to show for it. Well the call yesterday went like this:

Manager: "I remember you! Oh no, you drove all the way from X?! I'm surprised you didn't freak out on me."

Me: "I don't shoot the messenger. My mama says that's bad breeding." (remember, we're down South)

Manager: "(laughs) Well, good for you, and your mama!"

Sigil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I always make sure to keep in contact with a few ISTps, that way, when the zombie apocalypse happens I'll have a kick-ass team of ninja vikings on my side

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I always make sure to keep in contact with a few ISTps, that way, when the zombie apocalypse happens I'll have a kick-ass team of ninja vikings on my side

Now that's what a call a thinking man. :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP is the biggest spontaneous impulsive risk-taker!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel sorry for people like me :doh:

KDude

I feel sorry for people like me :doh:

if you can admit that though, you're probably better off than most stps.

i guess being reckless is "something" to be proud about in a way, but i'm glad i always knew when to pull back. i always knew.. "don't open that door", don't do that. and after awhile, i started finding a lot of old friends who didn't have that ended up dead or in prison.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
if you can admit that though, you're probably better off than most stps.

i guess being reckless is "something" to be proud about in a way, but i'm glad i always knew when to pull back. i always knew.. "don't open that door", don't do that. and after awhile, i started finding a lot of old friends who didn't have that ended up dead or in prison.

"When something happens in south central Los Angeles nothin' happens it's just anotha nigga dead" - NWA.

KDude

You sound like you had a rough life.

I don't know what to measure it to. Rough enough, I guess. But cautious enough to not make the same choices as some friends.

I wish I didn't try to get into so much shit so fast though. All STPs (or SPs) want some intensity, but not all channel it the same. I could have stuck with a sport, hobby, or devoted myself to getting into the military and becoming a pilot. I didn't even realize you really could do those things. Instead, I took easy options sometimes.