User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think being thrown in a brand new situation does that for me. If that happens. Playing around with my understanding is more for my own sake though or for working around something.. a learning experience.. rather than anything to do with creating an affect on people (not to say I wouldn't screw with people, but that's not the point). Also, once I am redefining things, I've probably been weirder or ballsier in some way than ESTPs. Maybe it's Ni.
    With me the bigger my global understanding the more I play.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    With me the bigger my global understanding the more I play.
    Playing with people, right?

I'm not sure how to illustrate whenever I do that. I don't think it's ever when I understand something. Rather, it's when there's a big unknown, and I just have to dive in. Sometimes it could have nothing to do with people, where you just jump into a situation, physically.. or with some new project. With people.. I might test my luck. See where that takes me. I might approach a dating situation without any understanding. Or maybe with cops. There was a time when I kind of got a lot of shit from them. I remember one instance driving with a bunch of people and we were loaded with things that'd put us in jail for years. This cop that I knew saw me drive past and turned around, pulled us over. I didn't understand how he "worked" so I took a chance and told him the truth. He asked where we'd been, and told him the truth. What I had on me, and told him the truth. It was so ridiculous that he laughed and let me go. I probably would've fucked it up otherwise.

MBTI
    INTJ

Typical ISTP

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

haha.. i know that skit.

i'd say i'm good with material things. i don't want to borrow things to begin with. my time or work, no. the closest people like my family get on my case, but i can't seem to stop forgetting shit.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Typical ISTP

Slipped my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    haha.. i know that skit.

i'd say i'm good with material things. i don't want to borrow things to begin with. my time or work, no. the closest people like my family get on my case, but i can't seem to stop forgetting shit.
    I never knew ISTPs to be forgetful. I always imagined ISTPs to be dependable.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Not me.

Of course, I might not be ISTP either.

In any case, I'm dependable when I care. Not when anyone else cares. When I'm like that, I'm enthusiastic. People who are duty bound are kind of admirable from a distance, but very different. Ironically, I might care about them and tell them to relax.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

ISTJ is dependable, but the only type more undependable than ISTP is INTP, like for example Albert Einstein, who never remembered anything from social rituals to eating.

Come to think of it, the difference between P and J for ISTP and ISTJ is probably more noticeable than between any other type with its P or J cousin, since ISTJ is the biggest rule follower and ISTP is the biggest rule breaker, the ultimate traditionalist versus the ultimate rebel.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    ISTJ is dependable, but the only type more undependable than ISTP is INTP, like for example Albert Einstein, who never remembered anything from social rituals to eating.

Come to think of it, the difference between P and J for ISTP and ISTJ is probably more noticeable than between any other type with its P or J cousin, since ISTJ is the biggest rule follower and ISTP is the biggest rule breaker, the ultimate traditionalist versus the ultimate rebel.
    Depends what you mean by rule breaker and rule follower, I know 2 ISTJS who hate conforming to societies rules, laws and all that. ISTJS just want things to be consistent within their own lives. Whatever they possess whether it's family or business it has to be organized and consistent, I can't blame them for that.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

It all depends on what "dependable" means to you. My memory is shot, dont depend on me for that. My SP instinct is shot...the one thing you can depend on is a shot SP instinct. If you depend on someone for something they arent good at then they arent dependable. Just for fun, I will throw "dependable" back on someones lack of actually knowing what they can depend on within a person. My ex would say I am extremely undependable...and I always argue back...and you expect the wrong things out of the wrong people...maybe you should just learn to accept people for who they are instead of always fighting for the dependability "YOU" want. Part of my relationship with ex in a nutshell...and it has nothing to do with marriage. 99% of the time it had nothing to do with me, just her frustration and anger with other people. I guess my "live and let live" is strong...you can depend on that
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    It all depends on what "dependable" means to you. My memory is shot, dont depend on me for that. My SP instinct is shot...the one thing you can depend on is a shot SP instinct. If you depend on someone for something they arent good at then they arent dependable. Just for fun, I will throw "dependable" back on someones lack of actually knowing what they can depend on within a person. My ex would say I am extremely undependable...and I always argue back...and you expect the wrong things out of the wrong people...maybe you should just learn to accept people for who they are instead of always fighting for the dependability "YOU" want.
    Ah yes, the infamous "NO U" counterargument.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.