• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yeah, its hard for me to pick. I am not a thrill seeking type, but I do love to push myself. I guess others would consider some things I do as thrill seeking, but for me its not about the "thrill" its about the ability and working towards doing it better.

edit: logical/operator fit me best. the other 2 seem to be tied to what fits me best

Same here I'm not really the biggest thrill seeker either I'm much "performance" oriented or knowledge oriented but I also enjoy being in the moment and on the "edge". I like it play it safe and be aware of my surroundings.

KDude

The only difference with the 4 functions is MBTI calling last four "shadow functions but ideally both systems use 8. I can't wrap my head around the J/P switch it makes no sense to me because it doesn't make sense that an ISTP is NE inferior. I think functions 3 and 4 are just as important when describing type.

I can agree with that. Yeah, not Ne Inferior. Fe Inferior. That Fe PoLR stuff is pretty much the equivalent to an inferior function.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I can agree with that. Yeah, not Ne Inferior. Fe Inferior. That Fe PoLR stuff is pretty much the equivalent to an inferior function.

The J/P switch "theory" has to imply that either functions 3-8 don't matter or there is a possibility of ISTP having Fi and Ne as 3rd and 4th functions as well as the possibility of ISTPS having Ni and Fe as 3 and 4.

KDude

The J/P switch "theory" has to imply that either functions 3-8 don't matter or there is a possibility of ISTP having Fi and Ne as 3rd and 4th functions as well as the possibility of ISTPS having Ni and Fe as 3 and 4.

Well, in Socionics, ISTps/SLI are among the Fi types actually. Rather, in a "Fi quadra" (all 16 types are grouped in 4 quadras). Except, for ISTp, it's a "hidden agenda" function. It's something they're open to in others especially. Their "duals" are ENFp. ESTp and ISTjs otoh dualize with Fe Ni types.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well, in Socionics, ISTps/SLI are among the Fi types actually. Rather, in a "Fi quadra" (all 16 types are grouped in 4 quadras). Except, for ISTp, it's a "hidden agenda" function. It's something they're open to in others especially. Their "duals" are ENFp. ESTp and ISTjs otoh dualize with Fe Ni types.

Socionics only states one dual if you read the Wikipedia page I believe for istp aka (SLI) it is ENFP IEE and semi dual being ENTP.

KDude

Socionics only states one dual if you read the Wikipedia page I believe for istp aka (SLI) it is ENFP IEE and semi dual being ENTP.

Yep, receptivity for SXI revolves around Ne. Ideally, ENTPs look for Fe as well, so SEI is their better fit.

Lol, some guy just posted on my wall telling me I'm not ISTP. I don't even know who he is. I wonder if he's reading this thread or something.

He's probably right though. I'm SLI. Whatever the hell that is here. It isn't MBTI ISTJ. And it isn't ISFP.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yep, receptivity for SXI revolves around Ne. Ideally, ENTPs look for Fe as well, so SEI is their better fit.

Lol, some guy just posted on my wall telling me I'm not ISTP. I don't even know who he is. I wonder if he's reading this thread or something.

He's probably right though. I'm SLI. Whatever the hell that is here. It isn't MBTI ISTJ. And it isn't ISFP.

Well I know that I'm SLI because I get along with alot of ENTPS and ENFPS pretty well and the relationship seems natural. I actually don't know too many ENFPS though. I also find that I am very different from ENFJs and ESFJs that I know like there is alot of distance or a "gap" not a natural connection. I naturally think that SLI is infact ISTp because all my MBTI tests I take say that I'm ISTP not ISTJ I have never typed as ISTJ and I don't relate to the MBTI description of it.

KDude

Well I know that I'm SLI because I get along with alot of ENTPS and ENFPS pretty well and the relationship seems natural. I actually don't know to many ENFPS though. I also feel that I am very different from ENFJs and ESFJs that I know like there is alot of distance or a "gap" not a natural connection. I naturally think that SLI is infact ISTp because all my MBTI tests I take say that I'm ISTP not ISTJ I have never typed as ISTJ ever.

Yeah, I've also gotten along with ENPs. Although, I can't always be sure what people's types are. For example, someone tested ENFJ, but I think she's ENFP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I've also gotten along with ENPs. Although, I can't always be sure what people's types are. For example, someone tested ENFJ, but I think she's ENFP.

From what i can tell. ENFJs are more natural Group oriented and take charge. ENFP is more self oriented and enjoy the group environment. Has nothing to do with what they are good at or what they do more. Its more about whats natural.

KDude

From what i can tell. ENFJs are more natural Group oriented and take charge. ENFP is more self oriented and enjoy the group environment. Has nothing to do with what they are good at or what they do more. Its more about whats natural.

Yeah, I think she's ENFP, but just saying.. some things could throw me off. Like mbti tests, and if the result was different.

I don't think the confusion is uncommon. Sometimes I run across enfjs (or just notice some even at this site) who have a thing for or might even be married to istps, while some enfjs pull their hair out because of istps. Sometimes it's enfps and istjs, and the same happens. It makes me wonder who has their type right. They inherently know what they want and will naturally gravitate towards whatever friends are compatible, but they might label themselves or others incorrectly.

In Socionics terms btw, all of these types are from opposing quadras. "Beta" NFs/STs (Se Ti Ni Fe) and "Delta" NF/STs (Si Te Fi Ne). Apparently a lot of drama happens if things get mixed up.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think she's ENFP, but just saying.. some things could throw me off. Like mbti tests, and if the result was different.

I don't think the confusion is uncommon. Sometimes I run across enfjs (or just notice some even at this site) who have a thing for or might even be married to istps, while some enfjs pull their hair out because of istps. Sometimes it's enfps and istjs, and the same happens. It makes me wonder who has their type right. They inherently know what they want and will naturally gravitate towards whatever friends are compatible, but they might label themselves or others incorrectly.

In Socionics terms btw, all of these types are from opposing quadras. "Beta" NFs/STs (Se Ti Ni Fe) and "Delta" NF/STs (Si Te Fi Ne). Apparently a lot of drama happens if things get mixed up.

With the whole conflicting pair...ISTP/ENFJ...ISTJ/ENFP its all about closeness fom my experience. The closer you are the more things dont mesh...not solely in the realm of pulling your hair out either. In alot of different areas and its more a lack of the way we work and revolves around the ways we are able to bend to meet what the other needs. The best way I can explain a conflicting relationship. There is no 50/50...its always around 25/75 and for each person and what matters the percentages are not in there favor.

I have no problems with INFPs. The P and Js have there own natural way of reacting and that seems to align better with the same J/P pairing(just talking about interaction pairting, not relationship pairing). It doesnt mean that Ps will be "closer" it means that the distances kept whether it be close or far and the way its done is alot more natural, with less hair pulling.

sculpting

With the whole conflicting pair...ISTP/ENFJ...ISTJ/ENFP its all about closeness fom my experience. The closer you are the more things dont mesh...not solely in the realm of pulling your hair out either. In alot of different areas and its more a lack of the way we work and revolves around the ways we are able to bend to meet what the other needs. The best way I can explain a conflicting relationship. There is no 50/50...its always around 25/75 and for each person and what matters the percentages are not in there favor.

I have no problems with INFPs. The P and Js have there own natural way of reacting and that seems to align better with the same J/P pairing(just talking about interaction pairting, not relationship pairing). It doesnt mean that Ps will be "closer" it means that the distances kept whether it be close or far and the way its done is alot more natural, with less hair pulling.

I get this (in bold)-it makes a lot of sense. In the P/J pair, you really do end up stepping into the other person's space and sort of nudging them-but in the PP pair, we both maintain our internal worlds, and as long as we can sort through the occasional external bump, we each have our protected internal spaces. In the P/J, if there is a conflict or serious point of disagreement...it is very difficult not to address it, as the other keeps nudging...where in the PP, the points of disagreement are typically not noticed or even strongly felt if they relate to the outer world.

(Hapy wednesday!! :) )