User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: ISTPS

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Yeah, its hard for me to pick. I am not a thrill seeking type, but I do love to push myself. I guess others would consider some things I do as thrill seeking, but for me its not about the "thrill" its about the ability and working towards doing it better.

edit: logical/operator fit me best. the other 2 seem to be tied to what fits me best
    Same here I'm not really the biggest thrill seeker either I'm much "performance" oriented or knowledge oriented but I also enjoy being in the moment and on the "edge". I like it play it safe and be aware of my surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The only difference with the 4 functions is MBTI calling last four "shadow functions but ideally both systems use 8. I can't wrap my head around the J/P switch it makes no sense to me because it doesn't make sense that an ISTP is NE inferior. I think functions 3 and 4 are just as important when describing type.
    I can agree with that. Yeah, not Ne Inferior. Fe Inferior. That Fe PoLR stuff is pretty much the equivalent to an inferior function.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I can agree with that. Yeah, not Ne Inferior. Fe Inferior. That Fe PoLR stuff is pretty much the equivalent to an inferior function.
    The J/P switch "theory" has to imply that either functions 3-8 don't matter or there is a possibility of ISTP having Fi and Ne as 3rd and 4th functions as well as the possibility of ISTPS having Ni and Fe as 3 and 4.

The J/P switch "theory" has to imply that either functions 3-8 don't matter or there is a possibility of ISTP having Fi and Ne as 3rd and 4th functions as well as the possibility of ISTPS having Ni and Fe as 3 and 4.
    Well, in Socionics, ISTps/SLI are among the Fi types actually. Rather, in a "Fi quadra" (all 16 types are grouped in 4 quadras). Except, for ISTp, it's a "hidden agenda" function. It's something they're open to in others especially. Their "duals" are ENFp. ESTp and ISTjs otoh dualize with Fe Ni types.

Permabanned

Well, in Socionics, ISTps/SLI are among the Fi types actually. Rather, in a "Fi quadra" (all 16 types are grouped in 4 quadras). Except, for ISTp, it's a "hidden agenda" function. It's something they're open to in others especially. Their "duals" are ENFp. ESTp and ISTjs otoh dualize with Fe Ni types.
    Socionics only states one dual if you read the Wikipedia page I believe for istp aka (SLI) it is ENFP IEE and semi dual being ENTP.

Socionics only states one dual if you read the Wikipedia page I believe for istp aka (SLI) it is ENFP IEE and semi dual being ENTP.
    Yep, receptivity for SXI revolves around Ne. Ideally, ENTPs look for Fe as well, so SEI is their better fit.

Lol, some guy just posted on my wall telling me I'm not ISTP. I don't even know who he is. I wonder if he's reading this thread or something.

He's probably right though. I'm SLI. Whatever the hell that is here. It isn't MBTI ISTJ. And it isn't ISFP.

Permabanned

Yep, receptivity for SXI revolves around Ne. Ideally, ENTPs look for Fe as well, so SEI is their better fit.

Lol, some guy just posted on my wall telling me I'm not ISTP. I don't even know who he is. I wonder if he's reading this thread or something.

He's probably right though. I'm SLI. Whatever the hell that is here. It isn't MBTI ISTJ. And it isn't ISFP.
    Well I know that I'm SLI because I get along with alot of ENTPS and ENFPS pretty well and the relationship seems natural. I actually don't know too many ENFPS though. I also find that I am very different from ENFJs and ESFJs that I know like there is alot of distance or a "gap" not a natural connection. I naturally think that SLI is infact ISTp because all my MBTI tests I take say that I'm ISTP not ISTJ I have never typed as ISTJ and I don't relate to the MBTI description of it.

Well I know that I'm SLI because I get along with alot of ENTPS and ENFPS pretty well and the relationship seems natural. I actually don't know to many ENFPS though. I also feel that I am very different from ENFJs and ESFJs that I know like there is alot of distance or a "gap" not a natural connection. I naturally think that SLI is infact ISTp because all my MBTI tests I take say that I'm ISTP not ISTJ I have never typed as ISTJ ever.
    Yeah, I've also gotten along with ENPs. Although, I can't always be sure what people's types are. For example, someone tested ENFJ, but I think she's ENFP.

MBTI
    STP

Yeah, I've also gotten along with ENPs. Although, I can't always be sure what people's types are. For example, someone tested ENFJ, but I think she's ENFP.
    From what i can tell. ENFJs are more natural Group oriented and take charge. ENFP is more self oriented and enjoy the group environment. Has nothing to do with what they are good at or what they do more. Its more about whats natural.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    From what i can tell. ENFJs are more natural Group oriented and take charge. ENFP is more self oriented and enjoy the group environment. Has nothing to do with what they are good at or what they do more. Its more about whats natural.
    Yeah, I think she's ENFP, but just saying.. some things could throw me off. Like mbti tests, and if the result was different.

I don't think the confusion is uncommon. Sometimes I run across enfjs (or just notice some even at this site) who have a thing for or might even be married to istps, while some enfjs pull their hair out because of istps. Sometimes it's enfps and istjs, and the same happens. It makes me wonder who has their type right. They inherently know what they want and will naturally gravitate towards whatever friends are compatible, but they might label themselves or others incorrectly.

In Socionics terms btw, all of these types are from opposing quadras. "Beta" NFs/STs (Se Ti Ni Fe) and "Delta" NF/STs (Si Te Fi Ne). Apparently a lot of drama happens if things get mixed up.