First 45678 Last

Thread: ISTPS

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

And shame on you for not carrying that girl, Kdude, you big dopey. It was a long way? REALLY? Come on! You're 6 foot 90, and a big strapping lad at that. The next time some cute little lady in shorts needs to get across a field, I hope you volunteer.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think this is where "good ole Socionics" helps seperate two types of ITPs that get mixed up in MBTI. Ti-Se/ISTj types there have a strong sense of order and reasoning that projects outwards and imposes a bit. They have clear definitions and categories of how things should be. This could lead to some "savior" mentality.

LSIs have a strong command of how various systems, structures, and hierarchies around them work, and always have a clear idea of how to implement them and improve them. LSIs quickly and easily determine what is correct and incorrect according to the systems they are familiar with.

LSIs tend to logically analyze just about everything — even close relationships. LSIs view their partners and other members of their household as part of a system which should have a certain structure and order to it. Everything in this system should run like clockwork — scheduling, daily routines, responsibilities in the relationship, and household management.

LSIs seek to attain an important role in an important system and to maintain and perfect it — often becoming the guardian or watchdog of the system.

LSIs do not often think about the ethics of the systems they maintain. Instead, they discuss the ethics of other systems using the language and customs of their own systems as truth, and make value judgments accordingly.
    ISTps otoh are lazy and at best, make observations and offhand advice - then laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons when you didn't listen. None of them try to save you (alright I'm just making that up. This isn't an official description).
    Why does the LSI descriptions sound so much like MBTI ISTJs?

SLIs are typically deeply in tune with the physical experience of their environment. They are very aware of physical sensations that surround them and how they affect them and often seek to surround themselves with pleasant stimuli.
    Now that is STP.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Why does the LSI descriptions sound so much like MBTI ISTJs?

Now that is STP.
    Yeah, it's weird.

I think a great deal of MBTI STPs are Socionics Si/Te types. On top of that, I'm probably not a Jungian Ti dominant as well. They sound more precise and systematic in his writings too, similar to the Socionics description.

Yeah, it's weird.

I think a great deal of MBTI STPs are Socionics Si/Te types. On top of that, I'm probably not a Jungian Ti dominant as well. They sound more precise and systematic in his writings too, similar to the Socionics description.
    I think it is much easier to relate to. I relate to SLI more than istp. Reading the descriptions, I think SLI fits me well. And I have read a lot of Socionics stuff lately. I like it. Delta fits me best also.

Permabanned

SLI should fit the ISTPS here well because it's suppose to be MBTI ISTP. You guys know that if ISTP in socionics was ISTJ in MBTI that would mean that the functions would have to be Si Te Fi Ne. Socionics ISTP is Si Te Ni Fe, completely different. Socionics ISTJ is TI Se Fi Ne MBTI ISTJ is Si Te Fi Ne.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think it is much easier to relate to. I relate to SLI more than istp. Reading the descriptions, I think SLI fits me well. And I have read a lot of Socionics stuff lately. I like it. Delta fits me best also.
    Socionics describes SLIS as tacticians and operators. MBTI describes ISTPS as lgocial and thrill seeking I much prefer socionics if I was going to choose. Although I think both have a fair argument.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Socionics describes SLIS as tacticians and operators. MBTI describes ISTPS as lgocial and thrill seeking I much prefer socionics if I was going to choose. Although I think both have a fair argument.
    Yeah, its hard for me to pick. I am not a thrill seeking type, but I do love to push myself. I guess others would consider some things I do as thrill seeking, but for me its not about the "thrill" its about the ability and working towards doing it better.

edit: logical/operator fit me best. the other 2 seem to be tied to what fits me best
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    SLI should fit the ISTPS here well because it's suppose to be MBTI ISTP. You guys know that if ISTP in socionics was ISTJ in MBTI that would mean that the functions would have to be Si Te Fi Ne. Socionics ISTP is Si Te Ni Fe, completely different. Socionics ISTJ is TI Se Fi Ne MBTI ISTJ is Si Te Fi Ne.
    That mostly correct, but there isn't really a 4 function order in Socionics per se. All 8 are represented in one way or another. The two first ones really define the type (for example, Si-Te for ISTps), the third is a "role" function they can play with, but the fourth defines their main weakness. The 4th function is always called a "PoLR" (point of least resistance), and the one that type really sucks at. ITps are Fe Polr. Which basically means they aren't very emotive or outwardly passionate, and not comfortable in groups like that. It's like walking on stilts or something. They build friendships better one-to-one. ESjs are Ni PoLR, for another example. They're not good with handling the unexpected.. They need stability. So they often prepare a lot. Really, they seem much like MBTI ESJs. The MBTI/Socionics mixups mostly happen with introverted types.

MBTI
    STP

That mostly correct, but there isn't really a 4 function order in Socionics per se. All 8 are represented in one way or another. The two first ones really define the type (for example, Si-Te for ISTps), the third is a "role" function they can play with, but the fourth defines their main weakness. The 4th function is always called a "PoLR" (point of least resistance), and the one that type really sucks at. ITps are Fe Polr. Which basically means they aren't very emotive or outwardly passionate, and not comfortable in groups like that. It's like walking on stilts or something. They build friendships better one-to-one. ESjs are Ni PoLR, for another example. They're not good with handling the unexpected.. They need stability. So they often prepare a lot. Really, they seem much like MBTI ESJs. The MBTI/Socionics mixups mostly happen with introverted types.
    I agree with that in group settings. My ISTJ cousin though is completely the opposite. Almost everyone would pin us as the same type from afar. Actually we are the same type until you get into how we operate internally. Well actually its complicated when it comes to group settings.. The group settings that she is comfortable I am not and vice versa. We process things really different though.
    Im out, its been fun

Permabanned

The only difference with the 4 functions is MBTI calling last four "shadow functions but ideally both systems use 8. I can't wrap my head around the J/P switch it makes no sense to me because it doesn't make sense that an ISTP is NE inferior. I think functions 3 and 4 are just as important when describing type.