User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: ISTPS

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    haha, this probably sounds "sad", but i'm happy: i don't need anyone. ATM at least. it almost surprises even me how much i'm able to be single. I can think of more benefits in having my own time and interests.

I don't know. I have proven to myself I can fail at this or something. I kind of feel bad about some shit actually. I remember a long while back, me and some friends were stranded, and had to walk a long way home. We came upon a big field for a shortcut.. and one of the girls with me was wearing shorts. She complained about not wanting to walk in tall grass. She wanted me to pick her up the whole way. Why it fell on me, I don't know. I was one of the bigger guys there, and she liked me. I kind of laughed about it. Screw that. That's a long haul. After we got through the field though, she was tearing up and crying.. and I still thought she was being dramatic. Turns out, she got all kinds of rashes on her legs. Then I helped her, because she couldn't walk. She was allergic to something. When we finally got to the house we were going to, she had to sit in the tub, and she was still crying. Everyone thought I was an asshole for it. And I was, I guess. Pain makes sense to me. I don't want that. I'm just saying though. My first instinct was to not "rescue" her.
    Even if you did pick her up I wouldn't call that rescuing. I wouldn't of helped her either unless she told me was allergic to the grass. I think for someone to get something from me they would have to ask politely and give me a good reason for the help, I'm much more understanding and helpful this way.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Forget type. Men love this stuff. I'm a woman and I'm curious as to how other women see this. I see this kind of behavior in two ways. The way you described Poki. An honest need of assistance.
    The other is used as a manipulative tool to boost the guys ego and then the woman goes in to get what she wants. Playing helpless/unknowledgeable but really isn't. I know at least one or two females who do this and the guys eat out of their hands. How do you guys know the difference?
    The second version makes me kinda ill to be honest-there are many things I am not good at already and I detest having to rely on other people for things. However I see this second version on a weird abstract level-about ideas-in enfp-intj interactions. still yucky there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Display of emo I have no problems with, projection of emo though is another story. Why is Sad Fi BAD?
    I suspect it feels way out of control if externalized to TPs. Happy Fi can be childlike and sweet, even angelic, but sad or angry Fi can be very angstful and is less about action, and more reactive. The EXTPs have an exceptionally low tolerance for unhappy Fi-they do try, but it is just too unsettling for them. My entp friend said that it makes his stomach drop-he feels agstful in turn, perhaps because of the shared nature of Fe. The IXTPs do seem much more resilient, perhaps better able to just tune it out?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I suspect it feels way out of control if externalized to TPs. Happy Fi can be childlike and sweet, even angelic, but sad or angry Fi can be very angstful and is less about action, and more reactive. The EXTPs have an exceptionally low tolerance for unhappy Fi-they do try, but it is just too unsettling for them. My entp friend said that it makes his stomach drop-he feels agstful in turn, perhaps because of the shared nature of Fe. The IXTPs do seem much more resilient, perhaps better able to just tune it out?
    Te actually wears me out, Fi does not. I have an INFP friend right now who i have no problems with her Fi and we are very close and open with each other. Her Te though can drain the crap outta me.
    Im out, its been fun

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Forget type. Men love this stuff. I'm a woman and I'm curious as to how other women see this. I see this kind of behavior in two ways. The way you described Poki. An honest need of assistance.
    The other is used as a manipulative tool to boost the guys ego and then the woman goes in to get what she wants. Playing helpless/unknowledgeable but really isn't. I know at least one or two females who do this and the guys eat out of their hands. How do you guys know the difference?
    I do that. On the surface, it probably looks similar to the women you described. I test people to gain understanding. I'll play dumb and ask a question I already know the answer to. If the person gives me a BS answer, then I know I can't trust them with questions I *don't* know the answers to. I push people right to the brink of their intellingence to see what they'll do. I learn a lot about people that way; some of it might even surprise you.

I know who my real friends are and I don't feel I need to lather, rinse, and repeat the process with the same people. Does that make me fake? Maybe, at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I know how that is. I want to fix it or make it go away, which makes recurring unhappy Fi particularly stressful to deal with because there's often a feeling of failure associated with it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I do that. On the surface, it probably looks similar to the women you described. I test people to gain understanding. I'll play dumb and ask a question I already know the answer to. If the person gives me a BS answer, then I know I can't trust them with questions I *don't* know the answers to. I push people right to the brink of their intelligence to see what they'll do. I learn a lot about people that way; some of it might even surprise you.

I know who my real friends are and I don't feel I need to lather, rinse, and repeat the process with the same people. Does that make me fake? Maybe, at first. .
    What if the person you are asking questions of feels tested and throws answers? I've done that myself...
    I get that tho. The girls I was talking about didn't do this for a vetting-to-trust kind of thing. The women I had in mind are pretty go-to and they are in full control of how things play out.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

This may be a simple answer,but that's how I do things. The lowest common denominator. I want to be with people who want to be with me,not that need to be with me. Needing in an emotional sense is lost on me. I'm not saying it is wrong or doesn't have a place in some peoples relationships, just not with mine. I don't get it. When someone has decided to be with me because they want to ,that is the most wonderful and exiting thing I can think of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    This may be a simple answer,but that's how I do things. The lowest common denominator. I want to be with people who want to be with me,not that need to be with me. Needing in an emotional sense is lost on me. I'm not saying it is wrong or doesn't have a place in some peoples relationships, just not with mine. I don't get it. When someone has decided to be with me because they want to ,that is the most wonderful and exiting thing I can think of.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My ISTP best friend had/has a HUGE "savior" complex. I thought it was exclusive to him.

My INTP ex-bf also had one, and proceeded to try and "fix" me when I wanted no such thing. It was one of the main reasons we broke up.

Perhaps it's a possible unhealthy IxTP hiccup? Not everyone of a type, of course, but a possible downfall?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I think this is where "good ole Socionics" helps seperate two types of ITPs that get mixed up in MBTI. Ti-Se/ISTj types there have a strong sense of order and reasoning that projects outwards and imposes a bit. They have clear definitions and categories of how things should be. This could lead to some "savior" mentality.

LSIs have a strong command of how various systems, structures, and hierarchies around them work, and always have a clear idea of how to implement them and improve them. LSIs quickly and easily determine what is correct and incorrect according to the systems they are familiar with.

LSIs tend to logically analyze just about everything — even close relationships. LSIs view their partners and other members of their household as part of a system which should have a certain structure and order to it. Everything in this system should run like clockwork — scheduling, daily routines, responsibilities in the relationship, and household management.

LSIs seek to attain an important role in an important system and to maintain and perfect it — often becoming the guardian or watchdog of the system.

LSIs do not often think about the ethics of the systems they maintain. Instead, they discuss the ethics of other systems using the language and customs of their own systems as truth, and make value judgments accordingly.
    ISTps otoh are lazy and at best, make observations and offhand advice - then laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons when you didn't listen. None of them try to save you (alright I'm just making that up. This isn't an official description).