User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ISTPS

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    To me damsel in distress is when a woman honestly puts forth effort but struggles or it doesnt come out just right. To me there is something sexy when a woman does that. That imperfection.
    Forget type. Men love this stuff. I'm a woman and I'm curious as to how other women see this. I see this kind of behavior in two ways. The way you described Poki. An honest need of assistance.
    The other is used as a manipulative tool to boost the guys ego and then the woman goes in to get what she wants. Playing helpless/unknowledgeable but really isn't. I know at least one or two females who do this and the guys eat out of their hands. How do you guys know the difference?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Forget type. Men love this stuff. I'm a woman and I'm curious as to how other women see this. I see this kind of behavior in two ways. The way you described Poki. An honest need of assistance.
    The other is used as a manipulative tool to boost the guys ego and then the woman goes in to get what she wants. Playing helpless/unknowledgeable but really isn't. I know at least one or two females who do this and the guys eat out of their hands. How do you guys know the difference?
    I think men and women need each other so this is natural. I know everyone just hates that word "need" but that's how I feel. It seems true to me, even though I think we all are capable of doing just fine on our own.

Permabanned

Are these woman doing this to people they just meet or with their long term relationships?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Are these woman doing this to people they just meet or with their long term relationships?
    It's more with men who they just meet or are casual acquaintances with. They may become good friends with the promise of more but never become LTR.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Time and observation, I dont get hung up solely on the ego boost. I do this alot also and I know I can do whatever I put my mind to so the ego boost thing doesnt affect me to much. Plus signs of fakeness turns me off so if it comes across as fake it affects me the same as someone who is being fake, this is hard to avoid.

edit: I know my p[ercieved weaknesses and strengths so I use that as one way to try to figure out. I dont hide from or defend my weaknesses from myself. Everyone is different so I dont automatically assume someone is lieing.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think men and women need each other so this is natural. I know everyone just hates that word "need" but that's how I feel. It seems true to me, even though I think we all are capable of doing just fine on our own.
    haha, this probably sounds "sad", but i'm happy: i don't need anyone. ATM at least. it almost surprises even me how much i'm able to be single. I can think of more benefits in having my own time and interests.

Forget type. Men love this stuff.
    I don't know. I have proven to myself I can fail at this or something. I kind of feel bad about some shit actually. I remember a long while back, me and some friends were stranded, and had to walk a long way home. We came upon a big field for a shortcut.. and one of the girls with me was wearing shorts. She complained about not wanting to walk in tall grass. She wanted me to pick her up the whole way. Why it fell on me, I don't know. I was one of the bigger guys there, and she liked me. I kind of laughed about it. Screw that. That's a long haul. After we got through the field though, she was tearing up and crying.. and I still thought she was being dramatic. Turns out, she got all kinds of rashes on her legs. Then I helped her, because she couldn't walk. She was allergic to something. When we finally got to the house we were going to, she had to sit in the tub, and she was still crying. Everyone thought I was an asshole for it. And I was, I guess. Pain makes sense to me. I don't want that. I'm just saying though. My first instinct was to not "rescue" her.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    haha, this probably sounds "sad", but i'm happy: i don't need anyone. ATM at least. it almost surprises even me how much i'm able to be single. I can think of more benefits in having my own time and interests.
    I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm aware.
    You mean aware of it for your self, or aware of it of me? lol.. I mean, I am kind of repeating myself in this thread. *backs away*

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You mean aware of it for your self, or aware of it of me? lol.. I mean, I am kind of repeating myself in this thread. *backs away*
    lol I meant I was aware of what you said.

MBTI
    STP

For me I dont need anyone to do housework, or anything like that. Intimacy, passion, sex, desire, etc are the things I need from someone else. Everything else I can handle on my own. Those are on the top of my list...once those are met we can work on the rest. I will work on the same...whats on the top of the other persons list. The person I end up with hopefully will be able to handle the top things with no problems and its the other stuff that we work on. I am by far a minimalist.
    Im out, its been fun