User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ISTPS

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    What's the difference between display and projection?
    I dont know how to explain it very good. Projection is more aggresive where as display is more passive. I dont do good internally when I am forced, when I am forced I have struggles I have to internally deal with.
    Im out, its been fun

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Im not one for hot tempered either, I have never really attracted the hot-tempered type. My ex is the hot tempered type, but thats not the type I normally attract around me, nor is that the type I am drawn to. I attract the damsel in distress...not completely helpless, just people that appreciate the help.
    Hmm that actually makes sense for me too.

A window to the soul

I dont know how to explain it very good. Projection is more aggresive where as display is more passive. I dont do good internally when I am forced, when I am forced I have struggles I have to internally deal with.
    In other words, you prefer it when a girl shows signs of distress like, "I don't know how to do xyz!" Instead of directly asking, "HELP!!!" or "Will you help me please??"

Correct?

Im not one for hot tempered either, I have never really attracted the hot-tempered type. My ex is the hot tempered type, but thats not the type I normally attract around me, nor is that the type I am drawn to. I attract the damsel in distress...not completely helpless, just people that appreciate the help.
    I guess I like more independence. Everytime I've met a damsel in distress, she turned out to be someone who brought it on herself. Like they seemed to enjoy their suffering or something. They'd complain, but yet.. didn't really want help.

Maybe that doesn't describe all of them.

MBTI
    STP

In other words, you prefer it when a girl shows signs of distress like, "I don't know how to do xyz!" Instead of directly asking, "HELP!!!" or "Will you help me please??"

Correct?
    Niether of those bother me and to me is not aggressive. Its more along the lines of anger or forceful...like "do this" with an attitude.
    Im out, its been fun

If you're just talking about simple help, I guess I could either way depending on the time of day.

When you say damsel in distress though, I immediately imagine some bartender with a shitty abusive boyfriend in amateur MMA, slapping her around at nights. I've come to the conclusion that these damsels like it.

MBTI
    STP

Correct?
    To me damsel in distress is when a woman honestly puts forth effort but struggles or it doesnt come out just right. To me there is something sexy when a woman does that. That imperfection. When a woman gets frustrated and turns it into a demand, that sexy is lost. Some people like that demand...I dont. I dont want to be owned and thats how demands come across. I prefer a different kind of "being owned"
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    My ISTP would never dream of helping fix people problems. It isnt that he doesnt care, but I dont think he knows what to do and so would just rather withdraw and avoid it.

He does fix all types of things for me, even though we are now divorced. He put in new light fixtures, fixed stuff in my car, and changed out some electrical stuff in the walls. I think this is how he shows he cares.

I do suspect that ISTPs may often end up in relationships with FPs, who can look sort of FJish at times as we can be pretty sweet. However when unhappy or depressed, we display a LOT of emo, which I suspect most ISTPs would have a very difficult time navigating. Thus it would not surpise me to find out that an ISTP ended up with an FP, who, from the ISTP perspective, had emo issues. I have seen this same problem with INTPs too, in relationships with FPs. So maybe it isnt that ISTP seek emotionally distrubed people-but it seems natural at first, then they get surprised once in the relationship as each side becomes more open and sharing. Sad Fi is BAD. I dunno, maybe that is part of what you see..
    Was it your cumulative emo-ness what finally caused your ISTP to depart even though he still cared about you?

I've split from an ISTP and still trying to learn from the experience.

I don't like people problems. Too long, too complex and too easy to get sucked in to. I like problems more easy to work on. People tend to move around while you are trying to work on them. Analogically.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I dont create something to fix, I just look for things that could be improved. I wont purposely break something to fix it.
    I was mostly referring to 2 ISTPs I know who seem to find problems with things I don't think anything is wrong with. This doesn't bother me but I never quite fully understand where they're coming from.

Other ISTPs I know are completely opposite and you couldn't make them think about things like that if you paid them. Their minds are some place else.