User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTPS

My ISTP would never dream of helping fix people problems. It isnt that he doesnt care, but I dont think he knows what to do and so would just rather withdraw and avoid it.

He does fix all types of things for me, even though we are now divorced. He put in new light fixtures, fixed stuff in my car, and changed out some electrical stuff in the walls. I think this is how he shows he cares.

I do suspect that ISTPs may often end up in relationships with FPs, who can look sort of FJish at times as we can be pretty sweet. However when unhappy or depressed, we display a LOT of emo, which I suspect most ISTPs would have a very difficult time navigating. Thus it would not surpise me to find out that an ISTP ended up with an FP, who, from the ISTP perspective, had emo issues. I have seen this same problem with INTPs too, in relationships with FPs. So maybe it isnt that ISTP seek emotionally distrubed people-but it seems natural at first, then they get surprised once in the relationship as each side becomes more open and sharing. Sad Fi is BAD. I dunno, maybe that is part of what you see..

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If we're talking about people, I'm pretty sure 3 ISTPs I know unconsciously desire this. Anything else results in them becoming bored and creating something to fix on their own. Same for a few other IxTx types I've seen. I know not all IxTx's are that way though. I can see most of them feeling put off by this.

I think I can deal with some emo-ness, as long as it's the brooding kind. heh. Others like to discharge and get dramatic. I'm looking for the nearest exit when that happens.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    If we're talking about people, I'm pretty sure 3 ISTPs I know unconsciously desire this. Anything else results in them becoming bored and creating something to fix on their own. Same for a few other IxTx types I've seen. I know not all IxTx's are that way though. I can see most of them feeling put off by this.
    Yes this is the point I'm trying to figure out, it's not consciously but unconsciously I find myself being attracted to "broken" people I suppose. I'm not sure if broken is the word though maybe hot tempered or excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Yes this is the point I'm trying to figure out, it's not consciously but unconsciously I find myself being attracted to "broken" people I suppose. I'm not sure if broken is the word though maybe hot tempered or excitable.
    So you like the hot tempered types? haha.. I can't stand it. We must be different types then. I can't even stand it with my family. My old man is like this. As I grow older, it seems like I'm the one dishing out a bit of tough love his way. It's kind of weird actually.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Don't bother trying to figure it out. You can't make it go away if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    So you like the hot tempered types? haha.. I can't stand it. We must be different types then. I can't even stand it with my family. My old man is like this. As I grow older, it seems like I'm the one dishing out a bit of tough love his way. It's kind of weird actually.
    You're turning into your old man???

You're turning into your old man???
    Not at all. I'm turning into my mom. She's STJ-ish. I can't figure my dad out. He could be ESTJ or ESFJ, but he's more emotional than my mom, for sure (I mean, emotional in the general sense. Not sure if it has anything to do with type).

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Im not one for hot tempered either, I have never really attracted the hot-tempered type. My ex is the hot tempered type, but thats not the type I normally attract around me, nor is that the type I am drawn to. I attract the damsel in distress...not completely helpless, just people that appreciate the help.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    My ISTP would never dream of helping fix people problems. It isnt that he doesnt care, but I dont think he knows what to do and so would just rather withdraw and avoid it.

He does fix all types of things for me, even though we are now divorced. He put in new light fixtures, fixed stuff in my car, and changed out some electrical stuff in the walls. I think this is how he shows he cares.

I do suspect that ISTPs may often end up in relationships with FPs, who can look sort of FJish at times as we can be pretty sweet. However when unhappy or depressed, we display a LOT of emo, which I suspect most ISTPs would have a very difficult time navigating. Thus it would not surpise me to find out that an ISTP ended up with an FP, who, from the ISTP perspective, had emo issues. I have seen this same problem with INTPs too, in relationships with FPs. So maybe it isnt that ISTP seek emotionally distrubed people-but it seems natural at first, then they get surprised once in the relationship as each side becomes more open and sharing. Sad Fi is BAD. I dunno, maybe that is part of what you see..
    Display of emo I have no problems with, projection of emo though is another story. Why is Sad Fi BAD?

I dont create something to fix, I just look for things that could be improved. I wont purposely break something to fix it.
    Im out, its been fun

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Display of emo I have no problems with, projection of emo though is another story.
    What's the difference between display and projection?