User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i just wanted to say, i really agree with what phoenity said, a lot.

from the ISTPs i know, i think ISTPs have a great ability develop a very solid and secure identity for ourselves that is very comfortable to us. i think we do tend to stuff down and push away difficult feelings, but i really agree that being aware those feelings are coming from us is key. i think that sometimes feelings are uncomfortable for me just because they challenege my identity - i mean, they start to break down this unshakeable fortress of an identity i've built for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    You've got the right idea. Prove something to yourself by not deleting your feelings. Realize that you wrote this, so there must be some validity to it, even if you aren't experiencing those feelings the same way, in the same intensity, at this moment in time.

MBTI
    XXFP

INFPs:
    Fun to be with, they like to talk to me (or sometimes just at me) - they like having a listener, warm hearted. I think they are pretty easy to read.

I love em to death because they are really kind, genuine people, but they make some of the worst, self-destructive decisions. It's like they see that they are in a horrible situation...but just stay there because to get out of the situation would require confrontation and conflict. They can't see past that - it's so hard to show them: once you get past that pain, things will be better.

Incredibly frustrating to watch them hurt themselves, because it makes so little sense to me to not remove yourself and/or confront something that is hurting you.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP

I know in my type thing on the left it says Im an INTP, but recently Ive been testing as an ISTP. So i thought i'd give my 2 cents worth:

One of my BEST friends is INFP. Love her to bits, pieces, toes and etc. Granted, when we first became best friends, I was an ENFP. Im fairly certain that had something to do with how well we got along. I think after a certain point, once both sides of any type acknowledge and decide and agree that this is a relationship we greatly value, then both will put in the necessary effort to keep the relationship alive and well.

My impression of her: v GENUINELY CARING, thoughtful, loving, kind, morally upright, sticks by her life principles (sometimes quite amusing for me to laugh at haha, in a way that we both understand to be jokingly of course), the best listener ive come across in my life probably, tries to help me with my problems to the best of her ability (which i really, really appreciate). Sometimes I do think shes quite idealistic but of course I love her for that and thats just who she is. Besides, its fun to tease her about hehe

Well i think ISTPs can come across to INFPs as rude, crass, INCONSIDERATE ABOUT OTHERS' FEELINGS, apathetic to an annoying degree, emotionally stupid! (haha), closed, distant, only communicates certain things that the ISTP feels he/she wants to, which may not always be what the INFP wants. but generally i find that INFPs are quite accepting -- once the ISTP has communicated or made it clear that he/she means well, has good intentions/heart etc.

I met an ISTP once, who knew he was an ISTP. He wasn't what you would expect an ISTP to be. He was very friendly, receptive, and sweet. (I'm sorry, ISTPs. It's nothing personal, it's just that I would intuitively expect an ISTP to not be as skilled socially or as friendly as this chap was.) He had a quiet, shuffling laugh, and he laughed often. Smiled often, too. But he was definitely introverted. He was just warm, or at least that was my impression.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5/6

A short meeting with us is ideal. I can charm the shoes off of anyone, provided they aren't exposed to me for too long. It's almost like flirting; I can vaguely guess what they want and give it to them. They want a shy-used-to-being-huddled-between-stacks-of-books girl? No problem. Or a spitfire vixen? No problem. The problem for me only arises when I have to be around them for an extended period of time, because then I can't read them, at all, and I fail at guessing what they "want."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I want you long time.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have had a serious relationship with an ISTP, on and off, for nine years.

I also have two sisters, an INFP, and an ESTJ.

My ISTP thinks my INFP sister is sweet, but "boring".

Whereas my ISTP needs to go out driving his bike in the Congo to feel "alive", my INFP sister is perfectly content sitting at home, or walking on the street adventuring the mean streets of herself in order to feel alive.

My ISTP absolutely admires my ESTJ sister and often times alludes to, or flat-out tells me that I should be more like her, that the world has enough pussies like me. (I know, isn't he charming?!!?)

But, he does say that he would never be truly attracted to my ESTJ sister because she is too hard and doesn't have a soft kitty side like me.

To get all typological on this, my Fi and his Ti tend to not get along like two peas in a pod, and often times are at each others throats.

My INFP sister would never be down for a guy like him, because she likes and gravitates towards men who are innately sensitive, which he most certainly is not. :P
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jo savage View Post
    A short meeting with us is ideal. I can charm the shoes off of anyone, provided they aren't exposed to me for too long. It's almost like flirting; I can vaguely guess what they want and give it to them. They want a shy-used-to-being-huddled-between-stacks-of-books girl? No problem. Or a spitfire vixen? No problem. The problem for me only arises when I have to be around them for an extended period of time, because then I can't read them, at all, and I fail at guessing what they "want."
    Yup. I can relate to this. I think that's why relationships are so hard (at least for me) because depending upon when the guy meets me they could get two very different opinions of who I am. Wild Child or Quiet Introvert. I'm both. I just don't like feeling judged. Kind of sucks because when they do see these distinct sides I feel that they don't trust me. Like, I'm either too much or too little. Eh. Whatever.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

One of my "best" friends was an ISTP, in the long run it didn't work out because I didn't get enough reassurance that she wanted to be around me which left me really down, and my refusal to find new friends left her to abandon me.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I also have two sisters, an INFP, and an ESTJ.

My ISTP thinks my INFP sister is sweet, but "boring".
    "Sweet but boring", yeah, I'd say thyat for the most part of INFPs I've met.