User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    This is true of my ISTP husband, as well. I can't be little miss mary sunshine all of the time, though.... it just isn't me. I have a dark sense of humor (life's a bitch, and then you die), and can be deep and serious, as well as enthusiastic and looking for the best in people. Maybe my husband just needs to find an ENFP.
    I have a pretty twisted and dark sense of humour but maybe that's because i'm a 5w6, or maybe i'm really an INTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I have a pretty twisted and dark sense of humour but maybe that's because i'm a 5w6, or maybe i'm really an INTP.
    I think that's more of an ISTP trait. Also, I'll bet not many INTPs are into mixed-martial arts.

Permabanned

I think that's more of an ISTP trait. Also, I'll bet not many INTPs are into mixed-martial arts.
    I guess so, I wonder what it would be like to be an NF. Nfs can be fascinating for some reason.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I guess so, I wonder what it would be like to be an NF. Nfs can be fascinating for some reason.
    You're such the schmoozer.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    You're such the schmoozer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's pretty cool being N, because it's fun to be able to make associations between seemingly unrelated things. For example, I like making collages, which involves finding connections between different photos and bringing them together into a whole work of art. Being an F, on the other hand, isn't always so great. The objectivity that T's have is nice... I wish I had more of that.

Permabanned

It's pretty cool being N, because it's fun to be able to make associations between seemingly unrelated things. For example, I like making collages, which involves finding connections between different photos and bringing them together into a whole work of art. Being an F, on the other hand, isn't always so great. The objectivity that T's have is nice... I wish I had more of that.
    I think there are advantages to both T's and F's its good to have a balance. Being a T can be stressful especially an NT I mean all that intuitive contemplation can drive you nuts.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I think there are advantages to both T's and F's its good to have a balance. Being a T can be stressful especially an NT I mean all that intuitive contemplation can drive you nuts.
    For myself it least, not having enough "S" activity in the physical world really, really sucks. Dang brain gets to going and thinking about useless crap. "Get stuck inside my head."

Get frustrated and irritated.

Go play! All better then.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    For myself it least, not having enough "S" activity in the physical world really, really sucks. Dang brain gets to going and thinking about useless crap. "Get stuck inside my head."

Get frustrated and irritated.

Go play! All better then.
    Ah... Probably why my ISTP insisted I wake him up early today so he can definitely bike to work. As he said this, he looked as if he'd go mad if he didn't get his bike fix. So cute.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread. I believe this guy I've been involved with on and off for years is an ISTP, and this thread really confirms it. I got him to do the test once a long time ago, even though he's not interested in this kind of thing and he actually thought his personality changed too often for it to be accurate. It sounds like feeling that way just fits in with his type.

The preferring emails to the phone, not pursuing/initiating, acting differently one day in a way that seems cold to me without even noticing is all very familiar.

So people say not to ask direct questions about how an ISTP is feeling; what's the best way to ask indirectly then?

I'd also like to know the significance of gifts. What if the gift is just money every once in a while because they know you could use it? It's the least sentimental kind of gift you could give someone probably, but it's practical.

Do most ISTPs like to travel? This one has lived in the same place for about 15 years and I don't know how he's not sick of it. I am.
    Last edited by woolgatherer; 05-20-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: adding another question