• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most NF-Like SP Type

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP I'd consider the closest to the SJ temperament (though not in my case. I'm essentially the opposite of an SJ). ESFPs are just...pure SP. They're the SP of the SPs.

I find this especially interesting. I wonder if that's the shadow coming out?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From whom, ESTPs in general, or me?
Both. Could be you, could be any other ESTP who's acting SJ-like. I'm just trying to figure out what would lead to that appearance.

I thought it might be Ti, which like Si can be very particular about things, but Ti is even stronger in ISTPs. Maybe it's a combination of Ti along with a greater desire to express one's ideas led by Se? I really don't know, I guess I'm just trying to figure it out...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't find ESTPs to be the SJs of the SPs. In fact, I don't think that formulation works for any of the temperaments.

G

Ginkgo

I don't find ESTPs to be the SJs of the SPs. In fact, I don't think that formulation works for any of the temperaments.

Same. There's no way of testing or even quantifying of such a thing. Perhaps every temperament bears as many similarities to each other as the others do. That's what seems most reasonable to me.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not trying to use any stereotypes. It was David Keirsey himself who called ISTPs "NT-like."

Cool. I've never heard that, but I agree. I seem to "get" NT's more than I do the other types.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP, "Phlegmatic-Sanguine."

In addition an Fi-Ni loop can make then seem like an aloof INF.

ESFPs are pure sanguine, although ENFPs, who are "Sanguine-Phlegmatic," can often seem like ESFPs.

Keirsey probably called ISTPs "NT-like" for two reasons:
ISTPs share the same dominant function as INTPs, and in fact may resemble INTPs most when young.
ISTPs have teritary Ni, rather than inferior Ni. Combined with Ti, an ISTP may become aloof, resembling INT nerdishness.

However, ISTPs aren't like ENTs (ESTJs and ENFPs are, at least in terms of Te and Ne).

SPs aren't necessarily SJ-like unless somehow Si is amid their top 4 functions.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Keirsey is ISTP. Man can't type even himself.