• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs, do you actually want to kill everyone you see or do you just look like it?

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I secretly dislike everyone I ever meet... I don't usually want to kill them though.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't noticed this in ISTPs. In fact, of the ISTPs I've known, they are very aware of their appearance. Not always of how they're feeling, and when angry show it, but when they aren't angry, they don't look angry.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly I don't but people do say I look intimidating/very hard to read. And apparently I do look like I want to kill people on the rugby pitch. But in fact I am the least likely to get in a fight on the pitch or in a bar or anywhere. I am really very peaceful and it takes a LOT to make me mad. So mostly no, i don't want to kill anyone. Although come to think of it, one of my colleagues is really pissing me off lately......

wolfy

awsm
If I'm looking at someone like I wanna kill them, then unquestionably I do not like that person. Mostly, I've been told I have a "serious" face. But that's how my face is most of the time.

I've been told I have a serious face, then I have a stupid streak down the middle too. I get angry now and again, I don't think I look like I want to kill anyone though.

LEGERdeMAIN

I've been told that I have an intense stare, especially in public. I don't want to kill most people I see but when I'm sharing a space with others I make a mental note of who I would have to kill in order to become the top dog, in case society collapses instantaneously or someone's girlfriend touches my thigh, etc.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really dislike people. I just don't have any faith in them. No matter how hard I try, it seems 9/10 of people are fucked up in one way or another. Thank God for Californians.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Only if the person is someone I consider to be a despicable excuse for a human being. Luckily, I meet these kinds of people very rarely, but I've had a few recent encounters where I've wanted to stab some people in the heart.

In fact, I have a friend who is acquainted with such people and insists on inviting me out when they are around. I have had to decline these invitations because I know I'd want to fucking kill one of them over the course of the night (which is weird because, despite how I may come across on the forum, I'm actually very tolerant and, well, jolly/jokey IRL. It takes a certain type of person to make me act overtly like an asshole.)

Then again, I might actually be an ESTP, so take the shit I say with a grain of salt.

Nakawaka

MBTI Type
free
My ISTP friend does all his killing in Halo, where his SE is God.

R

Riva

oopsie! I'll ask the mods to move it

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]
could you move this thread to the SP Arthouse? arrigato gozaimas!
Randomnity is a mod you know, and she is right above you. Infact she is the one who raised the question. Gosh Elfboy?

:tongue:

Only if the person is someone I consider to be a despicable excuse for a human being. Luckily, I meet these kinds of people very rarely, but I've had a few recent encounters where I've wanted to stab some people in the heart.

In fact, I have a friend who is acquainted with such people and insists on inviting me out when they are around. I have had to decline these invitations because I know I'd want to fucking kill one of them over the course of the night (which is weird because, despite how I may come across on the forum, I'm actually very tolerant and, well, jolly/jokey IRL. It takes a certain type of person to make me act overtly like an asshole.)

Then again, I might actually be an ESTP, so take the shit I say with a grain of salt.

Your Ti is off the roof. Not so much Se is evident. Thus the initial confusion you must have had believing you were INTP.

@OP -

Yes ISTPs look incredibly pissed at all times. This is just their expression.
ISTJs look aloof.
INTPs look nutty.
INTJs look proud (and probably are) and
ISTPs look pissed.

But they are out of all introverted thinker (I meant IxTx) the friendliest and most optimistic.
But they do have the I hate everyone of you, don't talk to me, I wannt break someone's hand look.

Lolz.

They should simply smile more often :). Maybe make it a habit.

A

Anew Leaf

the problem with this question is some people look at a sheepdog and they look at a wolf and all they can think is "they both have sharp teeth."

:laugh:

ISTPs aren't angry and desiring to kill others... they are usually just in thinking and observing mode, and as such they aren't concerned about how their face appears. I notice a similar blankness to INTJs and INTPs when they are heavily thinking.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
really, i smile most the time. i'm typically described as having a grin, occasionally looking "cocky" (according to the people in vent), sometimes I get intense. i smile and laugh a lot.

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] when i think/meditative i can be blank.

regardless of all this, yes, i form contingencies around violence as needed, but i'm selective toward whom it's directed. you need to spend a little time planning for bad things, but you don't need to be constantly pissed off all the time or something. people like that are crazies looking for a fight (or in constant combat).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried making a point to smile more some years ago. Several people told me it was scary, and that when I smiled at them, it made them worried that they had got on my bad side somehow. So I gave it up.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
really, i smile most the time. i'm typically described as having a grin, occasionally looking "cocky" (according to the people in vent), sometimes I get intense. i smile and laugh a lot.

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] when i think/meditative i can be blank.

regardless of all this, yes, i form contingencies around violence as needed, but i'm selective toward whom it's directed. you need to spend a little time planning for bad things, but you don't need to be constantly pissed off all the time or something. people like that are crazies looking for a fight (or in constant combat).

I feel like a threat can hit me at anytime when I'm around people so I'm usually very aware of my surroundings in big social settings, my buddy tells me I look like I am willing to throw down at any moment I guess it's anger/pissed off look? who knows. Large social settings are very draining for me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah does anyone remember Bamboo's ISTP video? He was smiling and bubbling all over the place. ;)

(and yes I made this post just to tease him about it)

:laugh:

ISTPs aren't angry and desiring to kill others... they are usually just in thinking and observing mode, and as such they aren't concerned about how their face appears. I notice a similar blankness to INTJs and INTPs when they are heavily thinking.

Agreed about INTJ and INTPs. Same with ISTJs too.
Admittedly, I have trouble reading them all until I get to know them.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I feel like a threat can hit me at anytime when I'm around people so I'm usually very aware of my surroundings in big social settings, my buddy tells me I look like I am willing to throw down at any moment I guess it's anger/pissed off look? who knows. Large social settings are very draining for me.

it depends on the context. you can't be aware all the time. i can become very vigilant in certain situations where i suspect trouble but for a lot of common situations it helps (and i enjoy things more) to be efficient.

somewhat unrelated example, but to get the idea:
- I'm driving down the street. For the most part, I pay basic attention, look out for driveways and peds, but it's ok to be fairly relaxed (with due consideration paid to the fact that the steel box I'm driving can kill people).
- Approaching a stop sign with lots of cars - increased focus: identify intersection incoming - note signage, right of way, and who's in line when/where. wait my turn, note people screwing up the order (surprisingly common considering how simple it is), or driver hand motions. be ready to move out at your turn so someone else doesn't jump ya (body language/lane language).
- go through.
- back to relaxed driving mode.

It helps to know when and how to be aware. Otherwise you'll drain yourself trying to track every detail. A part of this is making guesses on what will likely require attention and what won't.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It helps to know when and how to be aware. Otherwise you'll drain yourself trying to track every detail. A part of this is making guesses on what will likely require attention and what won't.

But I always find things like large social settings and also driving in traffic that there's always something about to happen whether it's someone whos about to cut you off or not let you in or somebody giving you dirty looks at a party for whatever reason. Usually in these casses I'm the most aware of my surroundings.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
But I always find things like large social settings and also driving in traffic that there's always something about to happen whether it's someone whos about to cut you off or not let you in or somebody giving you dirty looks at a party for whatever reason. Usually in these casses I'm the most aware of my surroundings.

Well sure, there are near constant hazards of various kinds to avoid, but how "on edge" do you really have to be to be aware of them? To deal with them?

I suppose I'm responding to the point that your friend said you look like you are ready to "throw down" at any moment. I don't know how that works for you but I'm just saying that you can maintain alertness/preparedness without verging into twitchy territory - at some point getting too stimulated can actually hurt performance. A three-pound brain can only process so much at one time.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well sure, there are near constant hazards of various kinds to avoid, but how "on edge" do you really have to be to be aware of them? To deal with them?

I suppose I'm responding to the point that your friend said you look like you are ready to "throw down" at any moment. I don't know how that works for you but I'm just saying that you can maintain alertness/preparedness without verging into twitchy territory - at some point getting too stimulated can actually hurt performance. A three-pound brain can only process so much at one time.

I don't think it's a angry, nervous look he described it's just an "always ready" look, a constant awareness of the environment around you this is something I wasn't really aware of tell he mentioned it. With him I will be laughing and joking around and then there will be people who see me when I'm not laughing and joking thinking I look too serious. Even when I'm relaxed and enjoying myself the outside world seems to view me as either bored or angry.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I'm told I look scary sometimes. More often told I look really focused. I suppose people could compare the look to the stereotypical quiet hit-man or killer type person in movies. Like the scary guy in "No Country for old Men" or whatever. Not saying they are ISTP at all. Just the focused look.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm told I look scary sometimes. More often told I look really focused. I suppose people could compare the look to the stereotypical quiet hit-man or killer type person in movies. Like the scary guy in "No Country for old Men" or whatever. Not saying they are ISTP at all. Just the focused look.

no-country-for-old-men-josh-brolin-.jpg

Wow he's so dreamy, as the NFs call it. :laugh: