User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

really, i smile most the time. i'm typically described as having a grin, occasionally looking "cocky" (according to the people in vent), sometimes I get intense. i smile and laugh a lot.

@Saturned when i think/meditative i can be blank.

regardless of all this, yes, i form contingencies around violence as needed, but i'm selective toward whom it's directed. you need to spend a little time planning for bad things, but you don't need to be constantly pissed off all the time or something. people like that are crazies looking for a fight (or in constant combat).
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I tried making a point to smile more some years ago. Several people told me it was scary, and that when I smiled at them, it made them worried that they had got on my bad side somehow. So I gave it up.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    really, i smile most the time. i'm typically described as having a grin, occasionally looking "cocky" (according to the people in vent), sometimes I get intense. i smile and laugh a lot.

@Saturned when i think/meditative i can be blank.

regardless of all this, yes, i form contingencies around violence as needed, but i'm selective toward whom it's directed. you need to spend a little time planning for bad things, but you don't need to be constantly pissed off all the time or something. people like that are crazies looking for a fight (or in constant combat).
    I feel like a threat can hit me at anytime when I'm around people so I'm usually very aware of my surroundings in big social settings, my buddy tells me I look like I am willing to throw down at any moment I guess it's anger/pissed off look? who knows. Large social settings are very draining for me.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yeah does anyone remember Bamboo's ISTP video? He was smiling and bubbling all over the place.

(and yes I made this post just to tease him about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

ISTPs aren't angry and desiring to kill others... they are usually just in thinking and observing mode, and as such they aren't concerned about how their face appears. I notice a similar blankness to INTJs and INTPs when they are heavily thinking.
    Agreed about INTJ and INTPs. Same with ISTJs too.
    Admittedly, I have trouble reading them all until I get to know them.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I feel like a threat can hit me at anytime when I'm around people so I'm usually very aware of my surroundings in big social settings, my buddy tells me I look like I am willing to throw down at any moment I guess it's anger/pissed off look? who knows. Large social settings are very draining for me.
    it depends on the context. you can't be aware all the time. i can become very vigilant in certain situations where i suspect trouble but for a lot of common situations it helps (and i enjoy things more) to be efficient.

somewhat unrelated example, but to get the idea:
    - I'm driving down the street. For the most part, I pay basic attention, look out for driveways and peds, but it's ok to be fairly relaxed (with due consideration paid to the fact that the steel box I'm driving can kill people).
    - Approaching a stop sign with lots of cars - increased focus: identify intersection incoming - note signage, right of way, and who's in line when/where. wait my turn, note people screwing up the order (surprisingly common considering how simple it is), or driver hand motions. be ready to move out at your turn so someone else doesn't jump ya (body language/lane language).
    - go through.
    - back to relaxed driving mode.

It helps to know when and how to be aware. Otherwise you'll drain yourself trying to track every detail. A part of this is making guesses on what will likely require attention and what won't.

Permabanned

It helps to know when and how to be aware. Otherwise you'll drain yourself trying to track every detail. A part of this is making guesses on what will likely require attention and what won't.
    But I always find things like large social settings and also driving in traffic that there's always something about to happen whether it's someone whos about to cut you off or not let you in or somebody giving you dirty looks at a party for whatever reason. Usually in these casses I'm the most aware of my surroundings.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    But I always find things like large social settings and also driving in traffic that there's always something about to happen whether it's someone whos about to cut you off or not let you in or somebody giving you dirty looks at a party for whatever reason. Usually in these casses I'm the most aware of my surroundings.
    Well sure, there are near constant hazards of various kinds to avoid, but how "on edge" do you really have to be to be aware of them? To deal with them?

I suppose I'm responding to the point that your friend said you look like you are ready to "throw down" at any moment. I don't know how that works for you but I'm just saying that you can maintain alertness/preparedness without verging into twitchy territory - at some point getting too stimulated can actually hurt performance. A three-pound brain can only process so much at one time.

Permabanned

Well sure, there are near constant hazards of various kinds to avoid, but how "on edge" do you really have to be to be aware of them? To deal with them?

I suppose I'm responding to the point that your friend said you look like you are ready to "throw down" at any moment. I don't know how that works for you but I'm just saying that you can maintain alertness/preparedness without verging into twitchy territory - at some point getting too stimulated can actually hurt performance. A three-pound brain can only process so much at one time.
    I don't think it's a angry, nervous look he described it's just an "always ready" look, a constant awareness of the environment around you this is something I wasn't really aware of tell he mentioned it. With him I will be laughing and joking around and then there will be people who see me when I'm not laughing and joking thinking I look too serious. Even when I'm relaxed and enjoying myself the outside world seems to view me as either bored or angry.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

I'm told I look scary sometimes. More often told I look really focused. I suppose people could compare the look to the stereotypical quiet hit-man or killer type person in movies. Like the scary guy in "No Country for old Men" or whatever. Not saying they are ISTP at all. Just the focused look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    I'm told I look scary sometimes. More often told I look really focused. I suppose people could compare the look to the stereotypical quiet hit-man or killer type person in movies. Like the scary guy in "No Country for old Men" or whatever. Not saying they are ISTP at all. Just the focused look.

Wow he's so dreamy, as the NFs call it.