First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Foolish of me to assume. Apologies.

The analogy of sheep, sheepdogs and wolves in the context of capacity for violence among members of society was brought into the public awareness by a book written by Col. Grossman, USA Ret. The chapter is located here: http://killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
    That chapter is an impressive series of strawmen all in a row. If only life were so black and white. The paragraph at the end was a small concession, but it's still awfully one-dimensional. Interesting read, though.
    -end of thread-

lol.. this was one of those things that never fit me when I thought I was an "F".

I think the whole "intimidation" factor lies with my family in general, not type.. but whatever. I think anyone would see me for the goofy guy I am up close, but I don't often make that first impression. I mean, I don't see myself this way, but I've come to take my friends' words for it.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Foolish of me to assume. Apologies.

The analogy of sheep, sheepdogs and wolves in the context of capacity for violence among members of society was brought into the public awareness by a book written by Col. Grossman, USA Ret. The chapter is located here: http://killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
    Well, I don't really know where I picked up that analogy. I always sort of thought of sheep and rams (and a maybe shepherd in there somewhere), but at some point it became sheepdogs. I suppose I agree with what he's saying, minus all the "righteous battle" talk. I think things are considerably less black and white than that to have truly righteous battles.

He's taking it way overboard with the whole badass cop routine for my tastes.

That said, I do agree with the basic premise that people can react negatively to direct or hints of aggressive behavior without being able to tell if that behavior is simply directed toward everyone or if there are certain trends governing that behavior. Instead of trying to figure out those trends, people simply see "hazard" and give it no thought, in part because it makes them uncomfortable.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    That chapter is an impressive series of strawmen all in a row. If only life were so black and white. The paragraph at the end was a small concession, but it's still awfully one-dimensional. Interesting read, though.
    yeah, took the words right out of my mouth.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I will be the first to agree that it is highly oversimplified, boiled down to the black and white to illustrate the disparate ethos in an almost caricature like fashion. His purpose is to make a simple point and draw attention to a set of basic mindsets. The piece does that quite well. His book is well researched historically and scientifically. He states at the beginning that that portion of the book was a correspondence between him and another officer.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

hey why is this in NT rationale anyway?
    He did it on purpose!

GET HIM ISTP'S, GET HIM!

I didn't even read all of this thread. What's this about cops? I hate cops.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    mostly a joke, but many of you guys really do look like you want to reach out and kill someone. do you actually have a lot of violent thoughts, or do you just look like you do?
    This is the most annoying question I get, "why do you look mad" "you look bored" "you look so serious" blah blah blah stfu.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I always wonder the same thing. I always assume if they are "unreadable" they are up to no good.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

ISTPs look like they want to kill everyone they see?

Not the ones I know. In fact, the one I know very well, wouldn't look at all like he wants to kill everyone even if that's exactly what he wanted.