• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Are ESFPs ever pushy?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I know one who is really pushy. But that doesn't seem to fit the stereotype.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a trait I rarely associate with the type either. I can't think of any examples of a pushy ESFP-ish type I've met. They're usually a lot like the ISFPs I've known just with more vigor, more expressive "swagger" and more craziness.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They can be. I get more of this, "I'll do as I please" and not care what anyone else is doing.

wolfy

awsm
I can be pushy in certain situations. Especially in creative work situations, generally where I want to get my opinion across and have it my way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anybody can be pushy sometimes. I mean, if somebody told me there was a million dollars lying on the ground up ahead, I might get a bit pushy.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They can be. I get more of this, "I'll do as I please" and not care what anyone else is doing.

This.

I know two ESFP's IRL, and this is fairly accurate for both of them.

They're both hilarious people, and great fun to be around, but the one's I know sincerely don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's opinion. :laugh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This.

I know two ESFP's IRL, and this is fairly accurate for both of them.

They're both hilarious people, and great fun to be around, but the one's I know sincerely don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's opinion. :laugh:

One of my best friends is ESFP he's alot of fun we just always have these "Se" adventures we go on i know I can always trust him to have my back when shit goes down. Straight up jokers.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my best friends is ESFP he's alot of fun we just always have these "Se" adventures we go on...

This too! The ESFP implementation of "Se" is indeed a force of nature. I just go with the flow when I'm around either of the two I know, and I'm never disappointed, they come up with some hilarious shit to get into out of nowhere. Probably the two most entertaining people I know, in all honesty.

...I know I can always trust him to have my back when shit goes down. Straight up jokers.

Hell yes. If someone tries to dish shit out on you and one of your ESFP peeps is around, they immediately jump right in the mix of things and straighten shit out. They're amazingly loyal fearless in this regard; when they throw down, it is an awesome sight to behold.

:solidarity:

-Alex

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Frankie Edger and Bj penn two bad-ass ESFPs about to duke it out.
03-EdgarPennUFC118weigh-351.jpg
:rock::rock::rock:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
My MIL is ESFP... on a good day she's fun, vivacious and the life of the party. On a bad day, PUSHINESS extreme!! It's like when she has needs, there are absolutely no filters about expressing her needs, no matter what the impact is on other people.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Only when I have to go to the bathroom...
Get out of my way... now... or you'll regret it...
(by that time, the human impediment is startled enough by my rare outburst of bossiness to move...)

Oh boy, are they ever! One of my close friends is an ESFP, I love him to bits, but oh god, the pushing.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only when I have to go to the bathroom...
Get out of my way... now... or you'll regret it...
(by that time, the human impediment is startled enough by my rare outburst of bossiness to move...)

:yim_rolling_on_the_

:wubbie:

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I know one who is really pushy. But that doesn't seem to fit the stereotype.
My ESFP wife is pushy when it comes to our two daughters. She can be a total task master and quite bossy. I still havent been able to convince my wife about having my daughters NOT wash their hands 50+ times a day. Some battles are not meant to be fought, but rather, worked around. For the most part though, she gives a "rats ass" about what I think and ends up doing it her way when it comes to our daughters.

ESFP

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Only if really in love.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
tertiary Te for EFPs :)
we can get quite bossy if it's something we have very strong Fi feelings about.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like how this type is so pop-culture nonsense loving lol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't like how this type is so pop-culture nonsense loving lol.

According to Jung, the ES(F) is a cultural realist.

This means that the educated, mature ES(F) will know about politics, history, music, theatre, film, dance, and/or drama perhaps....and the less educated/ignorant ES(F) will be obsessed with what Kim Kardashian is wearing.

In the original diagnostic system, I am an ES(F). Some people actually probably believe me, overall, to be ESFP. And a little pushy at times.

Of course ESFPs can be pushy, OP. They have Se/Te. They could beat your motherfucking ass if they wanted. ;)