• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 5 enneatype + wing types for SPs

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this thread is getting a little more heated than I expected. is it really so evil to be suspicious of evidence that doesn't line up with intuition?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this thread is getting a little more heated than I expected. is it really so evil to be suspicious of evidence that doesn't line up with intuition?

THE BATTLE OF THE EVIL PROFOUND INTUITION WITH RANDOMNITY

Lets give you the play by play!

Elfboy doesn't think ISTP's can be fives because they are too practical and grounded in reality!
Aphrodite backs it up with an anecdotal tale!
Random swoops down and disagrees! ISTP is not about Se alone! It's about Ti! Ti's think too much!
Shortie posts a link!
Elfboy reacts!

It's getting heated folks!
Stay tuned!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, thank you for looking that up. But.

It isn't really easy to tell from the poll what enneatype an ISTP is, is it?

I think we need a new poll...(i don't really like to start threads). :cheese:

I never said that. I said that I don't think they're one of the most common types (I believe they are after 6 and 8 with 5 being 3rd)
the commentary is appreciated, but only if you do so accurately, this is not Elfboy a la Fox News

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, thank you for looking that up. But.

It isn't really easy to tell from the poll what enneatype an ISTP is, is it?

I think we need a new poll...(i don't really like to start threads). :cheese:

Read the link in the thread!
That's the link that makes the correlations, not the poll.

Most of the authors on the link, if the link is correct, correlate 5's with both Ti doms.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Read the link in the thread!
That's the link that makes the correlations, not the poll.

Most of the authors on the link, if the link is correct, correlate 5's with both Ti doms.

What authors say is not a, eh hem, scientific study. I will start the poll myself if need be. I am REALLY hoping someone else will start it though. :shrug:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What authors say is not a, eh hem, scientific study. I will start the poll myself if need be. I am REALLY hoping someone else will start it though. :shrug:

If you follow the link, it shows the sources for "what the authors say". It summarizes several studies which are then combined in the chart.

They aren't scientific studies because MBTI and enneagram are not science. However, I'd wager that the studies were a little more rigorous and trustworthy than a voluntary poll on a random MBTI forum. This is not even close to being a representative sample of the population. A poll here would be interesting but it is not an accurate way to determine what most ISTPs' enneatypes are - it can tell you only the most common enneatypes for the ISTPs that happened to stumble across this forum, who stayed to post here, who know their enneatype, and who bothered to answer the poll....

One of the studies on that page seems pretty reliable, certainly more than a poll here:

- John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker (These are the results of empirical research that measures what the most common Enneagram types correspond with the MB types, in order of highest concentration to lower. This could possibly be the most reliable, accurate information for correlation.) ISTP Five, Nine, Seven, Two

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you follow the link, it shows the sources for "what the authors say". It summarizes several studies which are then combined in the chart.

They aren't scientific studies because MBTI and enneagram are not science. However, I'd wager that the studies were a little more rigorous and trustworthy than a voluntary poll on a random MBTI forum. This is not even close to being a representative sample of the population. A poll here would be interesting but it is not an accurate way to determine what most ISTPs' enneatypes are - it can tell you only the most common enneatypes for the ISTPs that happened to stumble across this forum, who stayed to post here, who know their enneatype, and who bothered to answer the poll....

One of the studies on that page seems pretty reliable, certainly more than a poll here:

Yeah, exactly, much more accurate. It's all going to be fuzzy of course. Everything we talk about here is fuzzy science. Polls on here aren't science at all, just for fun. I would be all for looking at one with the (maybe 20?) confirmed ISTP's on this site, but I still don't think it's going to be any better than the link.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol. i was kidding about it being scientific. :nerd:

And I'm still curious about Type C istps.

KDude

What use is your intution if it has little to do with ISTPs in their own words, the words of full time researchers in these fields (as far as that word can be applied to them), and more to do with your whims, or distant observation at best? Are you trying to say that Intuition trumps all of that? You should go full gusto then. Make up any random thing. It doesn't really matter at that point, since your Intuition is seemingly responsible to nothing.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What use is your intution if it has little to do with ISTPs in their own words, the words of full time researchers in these fields (as far as that word can be applied to them), and more to do with your whims, or distant observation at best? Are you trying to say that Intuition trumps all of that? You should go full gusto then. Make up any random thing. It doesn't really matter at that point, since your Intuition is seemingly responsible to nothing.

Totally. I think this thread has to be the most ridiculous, retarded thread on the forum. And who is responsible for it? Two N's. How ironic.

Being N must automatically make you god-like, and invincible. Sounds like people are on an ego-trip.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

what if there are other researchers who also share my view? one would suppose not all of them agree with each other. skepticism doesn't mean I believe my intuition all powerful, don't put words in my mouth

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what if there are other researchers who also share my view? one would suppose not all of them agree with each other. skepticism doesn't mean I believe my intuition all powerful, don't put words in my mouth

WHERE? There are no researchers who agree with your view.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally. I think this thread has to be the most ridiculous, retarded thread on the forum. And who is responsible for it? Two N's. How ironic.

Being N must automatically make you god-like, and invincible. Sounds like people are on an ego-trip.

Didn't I banish you, little bunny? And here you hopped back in.

Bow down and worship the Mighty Aphrodite!

:queenie:​

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

this is exactly the kind of thinking that creates so many N snobs. it really gets old having Sensors peg you as an egotist simply for proposing a theory

you seem to have missed something in the OP
as always, just guesses
If I really believed the bolded, I would not have put this in the OP.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is exactly the kind of thinking that creates so many N snobs. it really gets old having Sensors peg you as an egotist simply for proposing a theory

That's not why I said it.

My point being that I would not think so much of my thoughts as to go into a thread on enfp's and tell them that the researchers and they themselves as a group, are wrong. That the enneagram type they are most-commonly, as defined by researchers and backed up through their own thoughts, is not common at all. Why the fuck would a bunch of enfp's care what an istp thinks, against researchers and themselves? It would just make me look like a boob.

I think it's important to take in information, and use it. Not to make shit up......

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not why I said it.

My point being that I would not think so much of my thoughts as to go into a thread on enfp's and tell them that the researchers and they themselves as a group, are wrong. That the enneagram type they are most-commonly, as defined by researchers and backed up through their own thoughts, is not common at all. Why the fuck would a bunch of enfp's care what an istp thinks, against researchers and themselves? It would just make me look like a boob.

I think it's important to take in information, and use it. Not to make shit up......

have you ever considered that I was disagreeing with you to here your explanations as to why ISTPs are most likely to be 5s. in all honesty, you're probably right if so many researchers agree with you, but understanding makes for better conversation than "this is what the data is, take it and shut up" (this is kinda what I was talking about with that ISTP stereotype thing. you guys have a tendency to want to close conversations as quickly as possible. ENFPs like to prolong them)

Jaguar

Q: I am more concerned with:

Envisioning the future - that which could be.
Taking care of the present - that which is.

My answer was both.
My dad's answer was both.
My brother's answer was both.
I even emailed it to 4 of my friends and their answer was both.

I could never accomplish anything, if I wasn't concerned with both. Equally.

As far as I'm concerned, N and S is nothing more than an artifact of the forced-choice testing method, rather than what is true.
Many people claiming to be "N" need to pull their head out of a very dark place: Their ass.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yea, it's showing that 5 and istp correlate commonly. The two that don't list it, don't list istp at all. Therefore, there simply weren't enough of them found to mention in that particular study, more than likely, in their opinion. (Considering that the first study was based on the data chart at the bottom, 5 would still be the most common type for them, even though it wasn't mentioned.)

"Note that the chart does not reflect the fact that in the EM survery (see the data in 'Chart 3b', below), in zone 5 it was the ISTP that had the second highest I-value (2.7), and not the INTJ (with 2.6). "

"Ironically, in the more recent (1997) Richards/Flautt study (see 'Chart Two', below), the ISTP does rank amongst the top two in zone 5"

It looks like they may've even screwed up......

I've already explained this..... most commonly, there are enough 5 istp's found to make a determination that 5 is the most common type for istp. It only means that there are 3-5 out of 10 found, for example, but it's still the most common type for them. Does that make sense to you, or in 10 minutes, am I going to have to explain it again?

If you don't believe the research, then don't believe it, but I don't understand why you are bothering us with it. Just state your case and move on.

Q: I am more concerned with:

Envisioning the future - that which could be.
Taking care of the present - that which is.

My answer was both.
My dad's answer was both.
My brother's answer was both.
I even emailed it to 4 of my friends and their answer was both.

I could never accomplish anything, if I wasn't concerned with both. Equally.

As far as I'm concerned, N and S is nothing more than an artifact of the forced-choice testing method, rather than what is true.
Many people claiming to be "N" need to pull their head out of a very dark place: Their ass.

You guys are generally too realistic and practical to pull the N card. ;) Very true.