User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    What use is your intution if it has little to do with ISTPs in their own words, the words of full time researchers in these fields (as far as that word can be applied to them), and more to do with your whims, or distant observation at best? Are you trying to say that Intuition trumps all of that? You should go full gusto then. Make up any random thing. It doesn't really matter at that point, since your Intuition is seemingly responsible to nothing.
    Totally. I think this thread has to be the most ridiculous, retarded thread on the forum. And who is responsible for it? Two N's. How ironic.

Being N must automatically make you god-like, and invincible. Sounds like people are on an ego-trip.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    What use is your intution if it has little to do with ISTPs in their own words, the words of full time researchers in these fields (as far as that word can be applied to them), and more to do with your whims, or distant observation at best? Are you trying to say that Intuition trumps all of that? You should go full gusto then. Make up any random thing. It doesn't really matter at that point, since your Intuition is seemingly responsible to nothing.
    what if there are other researchers who also share my view? one would suppose not all of them agree with each other. skepticism doesn't mean I believe my intuition all powerful, don't put words in my mouth
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what if there are other researchers who also share my view? one would suppose not all of them agree with each other. skepticism doesn't mean I believe my intuition all powerful, don't put words in my mouth
    WHERE? There are no researchers who agree with your view.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Totally. I think this thread has to be the most ridiculous, retarded thread on the forum. And who is responsible for it? Two N's. How ironic.

Being N must automatically make you god-like, and invincible. Sounds like people are on an ego-trip.
    Didn't I banish you, little bunny? And here you hopped back in.

Bow down and worship the Mighty Aphrodite!

:queenie:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

this is exactly the kind of thinking that creates so many N snobs. it really gets old having Sensors peg you as an egotist simply for proposing a theory

you seem to have missed something in the OP
    as always, just guesses
    If I really believed the bolded, I would not have put this in the OP.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

WHERE? There are no researchers who agree with your view.
    http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/charts.html
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

this is exactly the kind of thinking that creates so many N snobs. it really gets old having Sensors peg you as an egotist simply for proposing a theory
    That's not why I said it.

My point being that I would not think so much of my thoughts as to go into a thread on enfp's and tell them that the researchers and they themselves as a group, are wrong. That the enneagram type they are most-commonly, as defined by researchers and backed up through their own thoughts, is not common at all. Why the fuck would a bunch of enfp's care what an istp thinks, against researchers and themselves? It would just make me look like a boob.

I think it's important to take in information, and use it. Not to make shit up......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

That's not why I said it.

My point being that I would not think so much of my thoughts as to go into a thread on enfp's and tell them that the researchers and they themselves as a group, are wrong. That the enneagram type they are most-commonly, as defined by researchers and backed up through their own thoughts, is not common at all. Why the fuck would a bunch of enfp's care what an istp thinks, against researchers and themselves? It would just make me look like a boob.

I think it's important to take in information, and use it. Not to make shit up......
    have you ever considered that I was disagreeing with you to here your explanations as to why ISTPs are most likely to be 5s. in all honesty, you're probably right if so many researchers agree with you, but understanding makes for better conversation than "this is what the data is, take it and shut up" (this is kinda what I was talking about with that ISTP stereotype thing. you guys have a tendency to want to close conversations as quickly as possible. ENFPs like to prolong them)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Q: I am more concerned with:

Envisioning the future - that which could be.
    Taking care of the present - that which is.

My answer was both.
    My dad's answer was both.
    My brother's answer was both.
    I even emailed it to 4 of my friends and their answer was both.

I could never accomplish anything, if I wasn't concerned with both. Equally.

As far as I'm concerned, N and S is nothing more than an artifact of the forced-choice testing method, rather than what is true.
    Many people claiming to be "N" need to pull their head out of a very dark place: Their ass.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yea, it's showing that 5 and istp correlate commonly. The two that don't list it, don't list istp at all. Therefore, there simply weren't enough of them found to mention in that particular study, more than likely, in their opinion. (Considering that the first study was based on the data chart at the bottom, 5 would still be the most common type for them, even though it wasn't mentioned.)

"Note that the chart does not reflect the fact that in the EM survery (see the data in 'Chart 3b', below), in zone 5 it was the ISTP that had the second highest I-value (2.7), and not the INTJ (with 2.6). "

"Ironically, in the more recent (1997) Richards/Flautt study (see 'Chart Two', below), the ISTP does rank amongst the top two in zone 5"

It looks like they may've even screwed up......

I've already explained this..... most commonly, there are enough 5 istp's found to make a determination that 5 is the most common type for istp. It only means that there are 3-5 out of 10 found, for example, but it's still the most common type for them. Does that make sense to you, or in 10 minutes, am I going to have to explain it again?

If you don't believe the research, then don't believe it, but I don't understand why you are bothering us with it. Just state your case and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Q: I am more concerned with:

Envisioning the future - that which could be.
    Taking care of the present - that which is.

My answer was both.
    My dad's answer was both.
    My brother's answer was both.
    I even emailed it to 4 of my friends and their answer was both.

I could never accomplish anything, if I wasn't concerned with both. Equally.

As far as I'm concerned, N and S is nothing more than an artifact of the forced-choice testing method, rather than what is true.
    Many people claiming to be "N" need to pull their head out of a very dark place: Their ass.
    You guys are generally too realistic and practical to pull the N card. Very true.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype