First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    That has nothing to do with the I/E dichotomy, an introvert expand his energy in the outside world while an extrovert get it. That does'nt mean an ontrovert can't be concerned with the type 3's orientation to be a champion and be oriented toward performable success.

I know a lot of ISTPs, and no one are 5s. And don't know and famous ISTP type 5. I don't know any fictional ISTP type 5. And thoses online, or in books, who says that type 5 ISTPs are current are unable to show any concrete example of type 5 ISTP as well. There's no evidence that it's a current combination, actually, there's more evidence that they are rare, Type 7 ISTPs are clearly more currents.
    Would you say that an ISTP with an intellectual focus is likely a type 5? There's at least one who fits that description and comes around here occasionally.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Would you say that an ISTP with an intellectual focus is likely a type 5? There's at least one who fits that description and comes around here occasionally.
    It's possible but nothing more. "having an intelectual focus" is not enough to be a 5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

It's possible but nothing more. "having an intelectual focus" is not enough to be a 5.
    It's a pretty strong association though. Intelligence and intellect are not the same thing. Anybody can be intelligent, but type 5s are much more likely than others to be "intellectuals." It's not as rare as you might think among ISTPs to be very focused on academic knowledge, etc. The way they learn and use that knowledge is different from an INTP, for example, but they can often have the same basic drives. I'm sure that ISTP 5s are probably much more likely to have a 6 wing than a 4 wing, though.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    It's a pretty strong association though. Intelligence and intellect are not the same thing. Anybody can be intelligent, but type 5s are much more likely than others to be "intellectuals." It's not as rare as you might think among ISTPs to be very focused on academic knowledge, etc. The way they learn and use that knowledge is different from an INTP, for example, but they can often have the same basic drives. I'm sure that ISTP 5s are probably much more likely to have a 6 wing than a 4 wing, though.
    From my experience, most part of 5s are INxx, with some ENTx. ISTPs are often 3, 6, 7 or 9, but 5 is rare. One of the first things I learned when I started to get into enneagram is that you can't find your type just doing a test, so, what people score on test mus'nt be taken as serious datas.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned

From my experience, most part of 5s are INxx, with some ENTx. ISTPs are often 3, 6, 7 or 9, but 5 is rare. One of the first things I learned when I started to get into enneagram is that you can't find your type just doing a test, so, what people score on test mus'nt be taken as serious datas.
    Every test I take I get 5, and it's not even a low 5 it is usually a very high 5 and I relate to the description of 5 when I read it compared to the other descriptions.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Every test I take I get 5, and it's not even a low 5 it is usually a very high 5 and I relate to the description of 5 when I read it compared to the other descriptions.
    I would believe you a possible 5.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think ISTP 5s are fairly common, just less so than 6s, 8s and 9s. probably closer to ISTP 7s and 3s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Are we really correlating Intellectualism with N again? Is Se just good for tasting hot dogs and taking a jog or something? Se isn't about "senses" in the colloquial sense. Typology/Jung/MBTI has it's own lingo on what sensation means.

I'll say that superior (for lack of a better word) intellectual styles come from N though. Ne in particular is kind of holographic in examining an object, for example.. it sees many more sides than Se. But that doesn't mean Se types are necessarily disinterested or worse, just gibbering retards.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Are we really correlating Intellectualism with N again? Is Se just good for tasting hot dogs and taking a jog or something? Se isn't about "senses" in the colloquial sense. Typology/Jung/MBTI has it's own lingo on what sensation means.

I'll say that superior (for lack of a better word) intellectual styles come from N though. Ne in particular is kind of holographic in examining an object, for example.. it sees many more sides than Se. But that doesn't mean Se types are necessarily disinterested or worse, just gibbering retards.
    Right, that was the very point I was trying to make. Besides INTPs and INTJs, I think ISTPs are probably the most likely MBTI to be enneagram type 5s. Certainly more likely than ISTJs, who are probably the only other MBTI that gets type 5 with any regularity at all.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

yes, intellectualism is an N activity. Sensors can certainly be intellectual, but they are using their N function heavily to do so
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire