User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISTP Motto

MBTI
    STP

Default ISTP Motto

• What is always comes before whats defined
    • I am who I am
    • To live in the moment means to not remember what you did earlier today and not have a clue what your gonna do tomorrow

Everyone has a little ISTP in them, but when someone says you are super ISTP it means you must have found the box you fit in...but to be ISTP means you really dont care...stay out of my box...only non-istps allowed...I dont believe in group mentality...I believe in my mentality...as screwed up as it is...love it or leave it.

And to be honest I wont be back to read comments, I just felt like posting this in a relevant location.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Paging @ICUP

Poki, it was nice seeing you, my eagle friend.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    • What is always comes before whats defined
    • I am who I am
    • To live in the moment means to not remember what you did earlier today and not have a clue what your gonna do tomorrow

Everyone has a little ISTP in them, but when someone says you are super ISTP it means you must have found the box you fit in...but to be ISTP means you really dont care...stay out of my box...only non-istps allowed...I dont believe in group mentality...I believe in my mentality...as screwed up as it is...love it or leave it.

And to be honest I wont be back to read comments, I just felt like posting this in a relevant location.
    I really don't care.

Riva

ISTPs (like all IxxPs) need their area of expertise (familiar environment) to spread their wings and fly.
    The ExxPs don't need areas of expertise as it is said that they are one with the world.
    The ExxPs therefore (and I have noticed (me being one of them)) are more in the moment than IxxPs (ISTPs).
    ESPs would find certain environments uncomfortable as they are conscious and concerned too much of it, and aggressive at times.
    ENFPs would need certain things to fall in line (like ethics) to feel comfortable and maybe a touch of the Te they have would bother them from time to time.

Which type does that leave untouched of the burdens of the past, the future of the place at hand?

ENTPs are!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Paging @ICUP
    You think I fit this definition? LoL, I don't think I had ever really tested it before I joined here, but yes, it seems that I do have issues getting along with some other stp's. I think it may have something to do with my dad being estp....... at the same time, I find other stp's to be a little rude (no I'm not saying this to stir trouble, but to try to gain understanding), but they seem to bring out the worst in me, so I avoid them. There are some I seem to get along with okay (like Random or Kdude), others just rude-out a bit too much for me, and it stirs negative feelings. As I said, I think it may be psychologically-based as well. I really don't like communicating with anyone who sends out a lot of negative energy, and I probably take it a bit too-seriously. (Such as, unnecessarily calling people "ignorant" or shooting the rod). I think some stp's tend to treat other stp's differently than they treat others. I suppose I simply don't want to be a part of the "let's all engage in pissing contests and rude behaviors" crowd, for the most part. I don't see anything wrong with that.

In other words, it's not all stp's that I have issues with, just the ones who are imo, over-the-top with rudeness or ego-issues. There are other people here that I don't get along with either, and they have the same things going on. I tend to think it's an in-general thing, rather than an stp-thing, now that I think about it. It just so happens that some stp's fit that mold, but others don't.

In other words, I don't really agree with Poki's post, in a universal way. I think it fits for some istp's, but it's more of a personal philosophy than one that is universal. I think there is no universal definition of a "super" istp, and according to books I've read and the things that seem to make me happiest, it's actually NOT what poki has discussed, but becoming less like it. I think it just depends on the istp. Enneagram and instinctual variant must be factored-in. Now, I prepare for possible bombardment.

I think if you stay in your little box, for one, it offers less chances for success, in general, and that's not what I am aiming for. I'm interested in becoming interpersonally-capable, at least somewhat. When my business becomes full-swing, I am going to have to deal with people telling me their problems all day, and I am going to have to be able to deal with that, and with grace. Staying in a box is not an option.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You think I fit this definition?
    I think that is something only you can say.

Feeling different from other STPs is interesting. I used to feel that way with an old member called JTG1984. He had typed himself as ISFJ when he was here and sometimes we didn't share the same opinions and preferences and definitely not demeanor. Haha I did like him though. He was quite an amusing personality and he's now Marm's current squeeze.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I really don't care.
    Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Which type does that leave untouched of the burdens of the past, the future of the place at hand?

ENTPs are!
    Why do you think ESTPs would be more uncomfortable in certain environments than ENTPs?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think that is something only you can say.

Feeling different from other STPs is interesting. I used to feel that way with an old member called JTG1984. He had typed himself as ISFJ when he was here and sometimes we didn't share the same opinions and preferences and definitely not demeanor. Haha I did like him though. He was quite an amusing personality and he's now Marm's current squeeze.
    Oh, wow, that's awesome. I hope Marm is doing well.
    I wouldn't say "dislike" as much as just being intolerable to me (I know I've expressed it as "dislike" before, but I think I was in a bad mood lol)......I just can't handle certain behaviors. I don't think that makes it wrong for everyone, however, just wrong for me. Maybe I will get to a place where it doesn't bother me as much as it does today. I think irl, too, that people can be much more-polite, so it has something to do with the net.

I do feel more-like some istp's than others. I've also considered that maybe I am seeing myself in them, and it bothers me. Or seeing what I can be.....maybe seeing the negatives about myself in other istp's? I will give it some thought.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You think I fit this definition? LoL, I don't think I had ever really tested it before I joined here, but yes, it seems that I do have issues getting along with some other stp's. I think it may have something to do with my dad being estp....... at the same time, I find other stp's to be a little rude (no I'm not saying this to stir trouble, but to try to gain understanding), but they seem to bring out the worst in me, so I avoid them. There are some I seem to get along with okay (like Random or Kdude), others just rude-out a bit too much for me, and it stirs negative feelings.
    You're one of the rudest/negative person I know on the forum.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You're one of the rudest/negative person I know on the forum.
    Maybe it's how some istp's see each other.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype